Overpopulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Overpopulation
(12-10-2013 04:57 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That said over-population is a problem but there isn't really too much that can be done as long as their are stupid folks who believe god wants them to have 60 kids and the television shows created to glorify it.

Do you feel that if people just have one or two kids each, we won't face the threat of over-population?

No that's not an answer. Of course given the model even if we reduce it to one child we'll still have an issue. It will just slow the inevitable. Nature has a way of culling on its own. We just don't like it.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Agreed, and with all of our medical advancements, I think nature may not be able to do the job as well as it has in the past, and that eventually it will be in our hands, scary thoughts.
12-10-2013, 06:40 PM
If yellowstone erupts it won't be an issue.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
That's true, I forget about natural disasters.
12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Well, eventually we could use more resources than are renewable. Then the problem would fix itself regardless of the intervention of man.

12-10-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 07:35 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Star RE: Overpopulation
(11-10-2013 06:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I feel overpopulation is a real threat, and in no way an opinion or perspective. Not immediate, but I think it will eventually be an issue for the human population.

Overpopulation IS overrated.

If humans were still hunter/gatherers, a single family would require miles and miles of land for hunting and foraging. The world could only support so much.

But technology has allowed for much more people, again, and again.

And technology and efficiency will allow for MANY MANY MORE. The world as it is now has so much food and living area, it's ludicrous. Not just in terms of untapped potential, but the amount of food produced and dumped, or homes left empty. As well as inefficiency in allocating resources. It's only due to corruption and ignorance that millions of people go without food or housing.
12-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Of course it is a problem. How long do you think this is sustainable?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...en-billion

Quote:On October 12, 1999, Adnan Mevic was born in Sarajevo—the anointed six billionth person on the planet and one of 80 million children born that year. Twelve years later one of the 78 million children born this year is the seven billionth person. It may take 14 years to reach eight billion and it may take even longer to reach nine billion.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
13-10-2013, 02:23 AM
(12-10-2013 05:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  BlowME's argument was:
"Birth control/abortion does essentially the same thing. It takes away the future life a human being would have had."

He is equating birth control to abortion (and to killing a person).

Birth control does the same thing as killing?
This is what I am extrapolating. Preventing pregnancy is the same as killing because it robs a future life. His argument is absurd.

Not having sex is a form of birth control. So if you don't have sex, you're robbing all these future lives. So to not commit this terrible act, we must have as much sex as possible. Q.E.D.

By "we" I do not mean you and me. No

CHASS

I'm glad to see that your coming around to the idea that abortion is the killing of another human being.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
13-10-2013, 04:23 AM
(13-10-2013 02:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 05:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  BlowME's argument was:
"Birth control/abortion does essentially the same thing. It takes away the future life a human being would have had."

He is equating birth control to abortion (and to killing a person).

Birth control does the same thing as killing?
This is what I am extrapolating. Preventing pregnancy is the same as killing because it robs a future life. His argument is absurd.

Not having sex is a form of birth control. So if you don't have sex, you're robbing all these future lives. So to not commit this terrible act, we must have as much sex as possible. Q.E.D.

By "we" I do not mean you and me. No

CHASS

I'm glad to see that your coming around to the idea that abortion is the killing of another human being.

Chas, I'm sorry for calling you ASS here. When you said "BlowMe" Somehow in my mind I was thinking your were calling me "BlowJob"...so I figured I would respond to it by making fun of your name.

But now I have re-read your post and I can't really complain about you calling me "Blowme" for obvious reasons. Its too late to edit my post so please accept this mea culpa.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
13-10-2013, 04:49 AM
(13-10-2013 04:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 02:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  CHASS

Chas, I'm sorry for calling you ASS here. When you said "BlowMe" Somehow in my mind I was thinking your were calling me "BlowJob"...so I figured I would respond to it by making fun of your name.

But now I have re-read your post and I can't really complain about you calling me "Blowme" for obvious reasons. Its too late to edit my post so please accept this mea culpa.

As far as I'm concerned you ought to have no expectations with what people call you here. With your username calling you blowjob is almost a synonym. The hypocrisy is strong in this one...

If I made my username something like: phar_kew
Then went around promoting pseudo science, advocating against science, womens rights, and acting like an all round douche nozzle. I would expect people to start reacting to that.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post