Overpopulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Overpopulation
Mother nature has it worked out for us. We cannot use more resources than are available. I understand wanting to avoid mass starvation, but we won't be able to, barring a great plague or natural disaster that destroys us. Might be for the best anyway - but it'd be a shame. Whatever, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it, cause you don't matter enough to impact the future meaningfully.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2013, 03:16 AM
(13-10-2013 04:49 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned you ought to have no expectations with what people call you here. With your username calling you blowjob is almost a synonym. The hypocrisy is strong in this one...

Deepthought, calling me be Blowjob is as derisive as calling you Deepcrack. It is a clear attempt to ridicule and pretending it is something else is absolutely ludicrous. Come on man....your smarter than this.

(13-10-2013 04:49 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  If I made my username something like: phar_kew
Then went around promoting pseudo science, advocating against science, womens rights, and acting like an all round douche nozzle. I would expect people to start reacting to that.

With regard to this second point, this has some meat on it. Some people don't like what I have to say, but that still doesn't give them an excuse to ridicule or insult me. Now I just used to forgive stuff like that but a lot of you guys got all butthurt about being forgiven. So I figured I'll try a different tactic and ridicule and insult back. Still a little to early to tell, but it seems right now that just insulting you back modifies your poor behavior better than forgiving. I'm really kind of surprised about that.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
14-10-2013, 03:40 AM
(12-10-2013 07:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Of course it is a problem. How long do you think this is sustainable?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...en-billion

Quote:On October 12, 1999, Adnan Mevic was born in Sarajevo—the anointed six billionth person on the planet and one of 80 million children born that year. Twelve years later one of the 78 million children born this year is the seven billionth person. It may take 14 years to reach eight billion and it may take even longer to reach nine billion.

I think we tap out around 15 billion and begin to decline. This is just a guess on my part. Fertility rates in many if not most developed countries are not high enough to sustain their populations. As the third world develops their fertility rates will probably drop too. Given the choice it seems humans will not procreate enough to sustain the species. Birth control and abortion will lead a gradual decline, but this is my real worry:

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
14-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Haywood Jablome - you show up with a name like that, you get what you sow. You don't want cracks about your name, don't use one like that. Just saying.

All I need to do to understand over population is to look out my window. I moved here 20 years ago and there was a wonderful old forest. Now you can see the light show through the trees - because the whole thing is only 3 trees deep anymore, just what's on my property. It was cut down to make room for houses. Next big storm is going to topple those trees, they are exposed to the elements now. They were safe to live another 100 years as long as there was a forest behind them...

Couple of years ago I was on top of a tall building in San Francisco at 5 pm. The streets were crawling with ants - or so it looked from above when people came out of the office buildings.

Sure, you can cram more people on this planet and either wipe out all of nature, or you can make people live like cattle in a feed lot.

My guess is that something will come along to wipe out the majority of people - probably something in our increasingly contaminated food supply.

I wouldn't want to be born now. Hopefully I am getting out of here before the shit hits the fan. Because something is going to have to give, or else this planet will be a horrible place to live anyway.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm inclined to think that overpopulation is every bit as much of a problem as government spending, religion, or global warming. These are the three things most likely to destroy civilization--if not set it back quite badly.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
[+] 1 user Likes Skeptic Gamer's post
03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
[Image: 16d5ccbaf76e4233e58c6c08069d378f_zps5e4503f5.jpg]
Teehee!
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post