Ovids metamorphoses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 09:32 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Ovids metamorphoses
(18-11-2015 11:53 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Thanks for the link. I've never read Ovid.

The creation of myths promulgated by mythical bards is well documented by Harvard Prof. William Schofield. https://ia800306.us.archive.org/32/items...houoft.pdf

It's a thorough and comprehensive debunking of the whole idea that "lowly" bards like Homer and the biblical Jesus actually existed. Instead, it shows that this was a literary form practiced by the ruling class as a kind of propaganda. That is what ties all this corpus of fictional "national" myth and "religous" writing together, that it is untrue, portrays a world view which promotes a King who claims divine descent. What we don't understand now is that this was a craft or tradition just as any other craft like blacksmiths, stone carving etc were.

They are all retelling of the same myths.

Shakespeare, for instance, was called England's Ovid and his play, Hamlet, is taken from a Norse play called Amleth and both are based on the Horus myths of a son revenging the death of the father.

Then you have the dispute over Shakespearean authorship issue and the possessors of his works being given the title "Montgomery" which alludes to "Gomer" or "Homer" or "Sumer" if you apply a linguistic principle of the Isogloss which makes these words all the same: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centum%E2%...m_isogloss

You mean if you apply the Principles of Advanced Dot Connecting ?
You forgot to read the actual article you reference.

"The centum–satem division is a false isogloss of the Indo-European language family, related to the different evolution of the three dorsal consonant rows of the mainstream reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European (PIE).
While the division forms an isogloss in synchronic descriptions of historical Indo-European languages, it has rarely been proposed as a genuine phylogenetic division of the diachronic development of the Indo-European phylum".

Name one thing in your dot-connected world that is NOT associated with Horus ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2015, 12:59 PM
How say u go feck yourself Buckminster!
24-11-2015, 05:16 PM
(24-11-2015 12:59 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  How say u go feck yourself Buckminster!

Very amusing.
You really should fact-check, but it appears you don't even understand the concept.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-11-2015, 07:56 PM
(19-11-2015 09:40 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  What institution grants degrees in classical political philosophy?

And exactly what does one do with such a degree?

Drinking Beverage

DJ

[Image: e20df4b016db52c12cc7a82a6d92c8746816527c...2ab05c.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
03-12-2015, 02:31 AM
(19-11-2015 02:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:53 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Thanks for the link. I've never read Ovid.

The creation of myths promulgated by mythical bards is well documented by Harvard Prof. William Schofield. https://ia800306.us.archive.org/32/items...houoft.pdf

It's a thorough and comprehensive debunking of the whole idea that "lowly" bards like Homer and the biblical Jesus actually existed. Instead, it shows that this was a literary form practiced by the ruling class as a kind of propaganda. That is what ties all this corpus of fictional "national" myth and "religous" writing together, that it is untrue, portrays a world view which promotes a King who claims divine descent. What we don't understand now is that this was a craft or tradition just as any other craft like blacksmiths, stone carving etc were.

They are all retelling of the same myths.

Shakespeare, for instance, was called England's Ovid and his play, Hamlet, is taken from a Norse play called Amleth and both are based on the Horus myths of a son revenging the death of the father.

Then you have the dispute over Shakespearean authorship issue and the possessors of his works being given the title "Montgomery" which alludes to "Gomer" or "Homer" or "Sumer" if you apply a linguistic principle of the Isogloss which makes these words all the same: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centum%E2%...m_isogloss

You mean if you apply the Principles of Advanced Dot Connecting ?
You forgot to read the actual article you reference.

"The centum–satem division is a false isogloss of the Indo-European language family, related to the different evolution of the three dorsal consonant rows of the mainstream reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European (PIE).
While the division forms an isogloss in synchronic descriptions of historical Indo-European languages, it has rarely been proposed as a genuine phylogenetic division of the diachronic development of the Indo-European phylum".

Name one thing in your dot-connected world that is NOT associated with Horus ? Weeping

I don't know, Buckster, that's a hard one.

After all, it's this Old Testament garbage you are peddling here which has a big man who created "everything". Which means, ipso facto, that if the big sky man was none other than the big sky man everyone on the planet can see in the "heavens" that, 1. Everything was created by him, and 2. later written religions, like yours, have done their utmost to obscure and suppress this fact, that our ancient ancestors worhshipped a "star man". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starman_(song)

You need to own up to this Bucky. You are pushing a lot of steaming horse poop on this forum. You need to look up to the sky and see things as they really are. People worshipped sky fairies, not fictional characters in the books you are digging up from godknowswhere.
03-12-2015, 04:16 AM
(03-12-2015 02:31 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  People worshipped sky fairies, not fictional characters in the books you are digging up from godknowswhere.

Hi DB.

You caught my full attention today, but I do not understand the above. Are you saying the characters written about by Virgil, Homer, Euripides, Ovid etc are not fictional characters?

I'm sorry I don't understand.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 03:42 PM by Deltabravo.)
Of course they are fictional. People back then thought that the night sky was heaven and gods lived up among the stars at the top of mountains. And suchlike. What I am saying is that only a tiny number of people read. The rest found their religion in real things like t h e stars and Sun and in nature. Written religions have given us a concept of a metaphysical heaven which in truth is just a linguistic and literary construction. As we became aware that the sky was not home to real beings we turned to the illusory metaphysical world which religious writers constructed for the homeless gods. Moses climbed a mountain to speak to a god who was up there in the sky, not in a metaphysical world. Bucky takes all this of this old testament stuff very seriously. I don't know why. I have an interest in Shakespeare by the way. So I was interested in Ovid. I also have a blind friend so will tell him about these books on YouTube. Thanks.