29-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Oxymorons
Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Richard Stuckmeyer's post
29-01-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Oxymorons
(29-01-2013 08:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Thumbsup

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-01-2013, 08:56 PM
(29-01-2013 08:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface
I know how you feel, I was severely disappointed when I found out most atheists really aren't 'thinking'.
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
29-01-2013, 09:00 PM
(29-01-2013 08:56 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
I know how you feel, I was severely disappointed when I found out most atheists really aren't 'thinking'.
I'm afraid to ask but what makes you feel that way?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow. I never met anyone so far, who had polled, or claimed to have met "most atheists". How fascinating. You DO get around.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-01-2013, 09:14 PM
seriously? i mean you believe in magic. MAGIC! you think a guy can come back to life after being dead for 3 days. you think a guy can walk on water and heal sickness with a wave of the hand. i wouldnt be supprised if you took the Old Testiment literally. your book is full of contradictions and inacurate info but yet you probably think it is the perfect word of god. but somehow athiest are the ones who dont think? your like that white bearded youtube moron(idiot sage 007? or something) who called Stephen Hawking stupid. i truely feel sorry for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
29-01-2013, 09:23 PM
(29-01-2013 09:14 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  seriously? i mean you believe in magic. MAGIC! you think a guy can come back to life after being dead for 3 days. you think a guy can walk on water and heal sickness with a wave of the hand. i wouldnt be supprised if you took the Old Testiment literally. your book is full of contradictions and inacurate info but yet you probably think it is the perfect word of god. but somehow athiest are the ones who dont think? your like that white bearded youtube moron(idiot sage 007? or something) who called Stephen Hawking stupid. i truely feel sorry for you.
Prove it. Dodgy
29-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Are you a detective? I'm a retired detective.
29-01-2013, 09:28 PM
(29-01-2013 09:24 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 08:56 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I know how you feel, I was severely disappointed when I found out most atheists really aren't 'thinking'.
Are you a detective? I'm a retired detective.

Holy crap! Where do you live?

I think we had better start a campaign... there must be loads of innocent people in prison there who were convicted based on beliefs with no evidence.

Ohmy

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
29-01-2013, 09:34 PM
(29-01-2013 09:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:24 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Are you a detective? I'm a retired detective.

Holy crap! Where do you live?

I think we had better start a campaign... there must be loads of innocent people in prison there who were convicted based on beliefs with no evidence.

Ohmy
Weeping Good one. You have my permission to investigate the thousands of cases I worked in 40 years where a judge and juries convicted criminals based on my investigations. Of course, you wouldnt have believed the evidence that all the judges and juries accepted but that because you are smarter than the average bear Boo Boo. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Richard Stuckmeyer's post