Oxymorons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: Oxymorons
Wait, so a theist and a guy with a masonic lodge symbol for a profile pic is accusing people of being nonthinking, blind, followers. Aka sheep in need of a shepherd. Where have I heard that analogy before? Consider

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-01-2013, 09:52 AM
(30-01-2013 09:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Wait, so a theist and a guy with a masonic lodge symbol for a profile pic is accusing people of being nonthinking, blind, followers. Aka sheep in need of a shepherd. Where have I heard that analogy before? Consider
In the Satanic Atheist Bible, duh. Hobo

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Why do people come to this site - or any site, for that matter - and decide that since they can't get others to follow them down some uninteresting rabbit hole, that there must be something wrong with all the people on the entire site?
And yet... they continue to stay.

By staying they inform others at length of their own insecurities... they don't realize it but that's what happens. They continue to harp on the same moot issues over and over trying to find some narrow foothold, while others just try to ignore such irrelevant distractions.

People with such an inflexible attitude discourage free and open society. I often want to say to them...
MAYBE IT'S YOU.
...and leave it for them to decide their own conduct.

So, I will. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
30-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Kim,

They know it's them. They're trolling. Whether or not they actually believe the junk initially spew, once they spew it they then fall into the ongoing trolling pattern of ignoring rebuttals, flinging insults, and accusing all of us of being the dense ones.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-01-2013, 10:44 AM
(29-01-2013 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Interesting profession for someone who can't tell the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground.
Drooling Ahhh, but I can Buckaroo, my ass is where your lips are and the hole in the ground is where I crap. Tongue
30-01-2013, 10:46 AM
(29-01-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:34 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping Good one. You have my permission to investigate the thousands of cases I worked in 40 years where a judge and juries convicted criminals based on my investigations. Of course, you wouldnt have believed the evidence that all the judges and juries accepted but that because you are smarter than the average bear Boo Boo. Tongue
Then I must ask you to investigate the history of your bible.

Investigate biology, genetics, geology, cosmology, and other sciences. Most of those fields only require a high school education to prove that at the very least the earth is old.
Done and done, son. The Bible is fact, whereas biology, genetics, geology, cosmitology and other science is opinion. Anything else?
30-01-2013, 10:48 AM
(29-01-2013 09:47 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Then I must ask you to investigate the history of your bible.
He said he was a retired investigator. ^_^

Besides, he is convinced he won't be alive for much longer and probably won't find penetrating into some new field of research as efficient use of what time he has left.
True dat. I spend what time I have left ridiculing atheists. It's my mission. Tongue
30-01-2013, 10:50 AM
(30-01-2013 07:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 08:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface
I totally haven't heard that one before. I bow down before your originality. Bowing
Angel Arise my son, your sins have been forgiven, all you need to do is accept that fact.
30-01-2013, 10:52 AM
(30-01-2013 08:07 AM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 08:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface

That's the name of the site.

And?

Go email Seth or something.
Oh, I forgot, you're an atheist. That, totally went right over your head. Rolleyes
30-01-2013, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 10:57 AM by kineo.)
(30-01-2013 10:46 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Then I must ask you to investigate the history of your bible.

Investigate biology, genetics, geology, cosmology, and other sciences. Most of those fields only require a high school education to prove that at the very least the earth is old.
Done and done, son. The Bible is fact, whereas biology, genetics, geology, cosmitology and other science is opinion. Anything else?

Wow.

[Image: ta226Qj.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post