Oxymorons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: Oxymorons
(30-01-2013 08:33 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  *sigh* are you not bored yet?
Scotty, I will never get bored here. This place is wonderful. You atheists are so freaking easy. When my meds are working I LOVE this place. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 10:58 AM
(30-01-2013 10:46 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Then I must ask you to investigate the history of your bible.

Investigate biology, genetics, geology, cosmology, and other sciences. Most of those fields only require a high school education to prove that at the very least the earth is old.
Done and done, son. The Bible is fact, whereas biology, genetics, geology, cosmitology and other science is opinion. Anything else?
"cosmitology"? Really? So you say "done and done" meaning you have investigated "cosmitology"? Your argument seems to be a bit lacking...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-01-2013, 11:02 AM
(30-01-2013 09:36 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 08:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping The thinking Atheist. Now THERE'S an oxymoron for you. Sadcryface

Says the man who doesn't believe in "theology" even though his beliefs are based on a version of theology- whether he learned it from someone else or made it up himself.

Says the man who claims he doesn't belief in a religion even though he is religious. Oh, is that not "religion", but a "relationship" instead? Hobo

Says the man who takes a 2000 year old book to be self-evidence of God's existence.

This thread is worthless. Maybe if you pray hard enough God will convince the mods to delete it.

Feel free to be buddy-buddy with Nappa the Narcissist. Hold hands and skip your way to another site where you can talk together about how we're in the wrong and you've got it all figured out. Sticking around and throwing blanket insults at everyone is the old and tired trademark of the defeated.
1.) Theology is a bunch of intellectual elitists, lawyering the Word of God, claiming to be smarter than everyone else in the world, and generally just making asses of themselves.
2.) Relgion is a man made way to use God to control others. There you go again, LYING, where did I say it was a relationship? At least try to tell the truth once in a while. Tongue

3.) Says the boy that takes other persons opinions, in books, no matter how old, to be evidence that God does not exist.
4.) Your opinion. I pray that the Mods have enough wisdom to see that you are just a dope.
5.) Says YOU. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah. Laughat
30-01-2013, 11:14 AM
(30-01-2013 10:07 AM)kim Wrote:  Why do people come to this site - or any site, for that matter - and decide that since they can't get others to follow them down some uninteresting rabbit hole, that there must be something wrong with all the people on the entire site?
And yet... they continue to stay.

By staying they inform others at length of their own insecurities... they don't realize it but that's what happens. They continue to harp on the same moot issues over and over trying to find some narrow foothold, while others just try to ignore such irrelevant distractions.

People with such an inflexible attitude discourage free and open society. I often want to say to them...
MAYBE IT'S YOU.
...and leave it for them to decide their own conduct.

So, I will. Drinking Beverage
For the same reason atheists go to Christian sites to do their bashing, insulting, ridiculing, trolling and flaming. It's called TIT FOR TAT.

LMAO. "Inflexible attitude"? "Discourage a free and open society"? Wow, you just described yourself. Look in the mirror, babe. You say you dont believe in God but you hate anyone that does. If you dont believe in God, then why do you care if others do? If Christians want to spread their Gospel, so what? If others want to believe them, so what?

Christianity doesnt deprive you of anything. You can still go on living the way you want, all being a true Christian does is free you from sin. Everyone's sins are forgiven, Christians just accept that forgiveness whereas atheists dont. It's as simple as that. Being a Christian doesnt free you TO sin, it frees you FROM sin. When a person becomes a Christian He actually, spiritually changes. He doesnt WANT to sin anymore. Of course, he WILL, because all humans sin, but a Christian, when he sins, confesses his sin to God, repents and moves on, trying not to sin again but knowing he will because that's the way of humans but the Christian doesnt dwelll on his sin because he knows they are already forgiven, 2000 years ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express those feelings. Tongue
30-01-2013, 11:16 AM
(30-01-2013 10:53 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:46 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Done and done, son. The Bible is fact, whereas biology, genetics, geology, cosmitology and other science is opinion. Anything else?

Wow.

[Image: ta226Qj.gif]
Thumbsup You're welcome.
30-01-2013, 11:19 AM
(30-01-2013 10:58 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:46 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Done and done, son. The Bible is fact, whereas biology, genetics, geology, cosmitology and other science is opinion. Anything else?
"cosmitology"? Really? So you say "done and done" meaning you have investigated "cosmitology"? Your argument seems to be a bit lacking...
Actually, I said "cosmology". Try to pay attention. Where do you see an argument? Sheesh, try to keep up will you? Wink
30-01-2013, 11:22 AM
(30-01-2013 11:19 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:58 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  "cosmitology"? Really? So you say "done and done" meaning you have investigated "cosmitology"? Your argument seems to be a bit lacking...
Actually, I said "cosmology". Try to pay attention. Where do you see an argument? Sheesh, try to keep up will you? Wink
Hobo Oops. Boy do I have egg on my face. I totally forgot what I wrote. My apologies. Chalk it up to old age. I DID say cosmitology. Lol. Foolish old man. No
30-01-2013, 11:40 AM
(30-01-2013 11:02 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:36 AM)kineo Wrote:  Says the man who doesn't believe in "theology" even though his beliefs are based on a version of theology- whether he learned it from someone else or made it up himself.

Says the man who claims he doesn't belief in a religion even though he is religious. Oh, is that not "religion", but a "relationship" instead? Hobo

Says the man who takes a 2000 year old book to be self-evidence of God's existence.

This thread is worthless. Maybe if you pray hard enough God will convince the mods to delete it.

Feel free to be buddy-buddy with Nappa the Narcissist. Hold hands and skip your way to another site where you can talk together about how we're in the wrong and you've got it all figured out. Sticking around and throwing blanket insults at everyone is the old and tired trademark of the defeated.
1.) Theology is a bunch of intellectual elitists, lawyering the Word of God, claiming to be smarter than everyone else in the world, and generally just making asses of themselves.
2.) Relgion is a man made way to use God to control others. There you go again, LYING, where did I say it was a relationship? At least try to tell the truth once in a while. Tongue

3.) Says the boy that takes other persons opinions, in books, no matter how old, to be evidence that God does not exist.
4.) Your opinion. I pray that the Mods have enough wisdom to see that you are just a dope.

1) Deny it all you want, you believe in a theology- you have a concept of the nature of God, and you study it.
2) True enough- and yet you adhere to a religion. Are you not here to impose upon us the "truth" as you see it? Is that not an attempt to control another person? The relationship was just a guess- given that it's been the cry of the religious for well over the last decade- "I'm not religious, I have a relationship! Religion is just man-made rules to control people, but I have a relationship with Jeeeeesus!" Anyway, deny it until you're blue in the face, you have a religion and you are a religious person.
3) Calling me a "boy" in a transparent attempt at undermining me does not help your own flimsy threadbare case, but fine... I can play that game much better than you can, pops. I don't take what other people say as evidence that God doesn't exist- I've learned and seen that there is no evidence for the existence of God, despite what your dusty tome dictates. But I don't expect your age-addled brain to comprehend the difference. The Bible is not evidence of the existence of God. It is evidence of generations of religious folk- you know, generations of those assholes who make up ways to use "God" to control others?
4) Whether the mods think I'm a dope is irrelevant-
They do. Wink

5)Yeah...
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-01-2013, 11:56 AM
(30-01-2013 11:02 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  1.) Theology is a bunch of intellectual elitists, lawyering the Word of God, claiming to be smarter than everyone else in the world, and generally just making asses of themselves.
Ohhh, you hear that, KC?

Buuuuuurned! Laughat

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 12:31 PM
(30-01-2013 11:40 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 11:02 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  1.) Theology is a bunch of intellectual elitists, lawyering the Word of God, claiming to be smarter than everyone else in the world, and generally just making asses of themselves.

1) Deny it all you want, you believe in a theology- you have a concept of the nature of God, and you study it.
2) True enough- and yet you adhere to a religion. Are you not here to impose upon us the "truth" as you see it? Is that not an attempt to control another person? The relationship was just a guess- given that it's been the cry of the religious for well over the last decade- "I'm not religious, I have a relationship! Religion is just man-made rules to control people, but I have a relationship with Jeeeeesus!" Anyway, deny it until you're blue in the face, you have a religion and you are a religious person.
3) Calling me a "boy" in a transparent attempt at undermining me does not help your own flimsy threadbare case, but fine... I can play that game much better than you can, pops. I don't take what other people say as evidence that God doesn't exist- I've learned and seen that there is no evidence for the existence of God, despite what your dusty tome dictates. But I don't expect your age-addled brain to comprehend the difference. The Bible is not evidence of the existence of God. It is evidence of generations of religious folk- you know, generations of those assholes who make up ways to use "God" to control others?
4) Whether the mods think I'm a dope is irrelevant-
They do. Wink

5)Yeah...
1.) Deny all you want, you dont know what you're talking about. Tongue
2.) A.) Wrong. I adhere to a concept.
B.) No, I dont expect you to adhere to anything. I am here to give atheists tit for tat for what they do in Christian forums. OK, I'm blue in the face but just because you say it dont make it so.
3.) Lol. "pops", now I like that one. "Assholes"? Ut oh, someone is getting cranky. There is also no evidence that God doesnt exist. That's the crux of the matter. NO ONE KNOWS. The difference is, I admit it and you dont. Where did I say that the Bible is evidence of God's existance to anyone but me? C'mon nw, try to keep up with the discussion.
4.) Good, everyone is entitled to their OPINION. You atheists really need to look that word up in the dictionary.
5.) Tongue