Oxymorons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Oxymorons
Funny part is, when he went to point out a stereotype, he immediately stereotyped me in the next post...

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 03:28 PM
(30-01-2013 03:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:57 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  7.) Have you been watching cartoons again? I told you my purpose in being here: To give you nails for your coffin. Laughat

What nails for which coffin? I'm not dead, no need for a coffin just yet.

Seriously though, please elaborate: what do you mean by this nails/coffin thing?
Thank you for a nice, concise, respectul question. God bless you.
Oops, almost for got my disclaimer. DISCLAIMER: Everything I say is my opinion.
In my OPINION, based on what the Bible says, at the end of each persons life they will give an accounting of their life. For unbelievers, besides weighing the good from the bad to determine their punishment for their deeds, they will also have to account for why, when God put the knowledge of Him in their heart and an understanding of His existence by the world around them, they refused to believe, and for why, when the same evidence of the need to accept His forgiveness of their sins by Jesus atoning blood was given to them as it was to believers, they refused to believe. This is your chance to say "Lord, I didnt know", unfortunately, you did know. In many, many ways. You chose to ignore it. I am one of these ways, I am the nail in your coffin. By just ignoring me you add fuel to your funeral pyre. God doesnt seek you. He made Himself known to you from birth. Over the years you just kept pounding that knowledge down in your heart so that now it's almost impossible for you to believe. God has given mankind 6000 years to accept Him. Now, He's out of patience. It's all over now. You have 7 years to seek Him out. He is standing at the door of your heart knocking and waiting to be invited in. If you want to know the truth all you have to do is say "Okay, Jesus, open my eyes and let me see the truth. Do that in a respectful manner, with sincerety, read the Bible, ponder it prayerfully and He will. BUT, I warn you. It's not going to be easy anymore. God is angry, he's run out of patience. Atheists have mocked Him for so long he is fed up with it. He promised to close your eyes to the truth and let you believe your lies so only the most sincere atheist will ever know the truth. If you sincereloy ask Him, He will relent and open your eyes. If you just keep blesphemously mocking THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, unto whom you are compared as an insect, then He is going to let you burn. It's your choice and when you lie trembling before Him in all His awesome glory you are going to agree with Him that your punishment is justified.

Sorry, I violated my own rule of not being verbose but the Spirit was upon me.
30-01-2013, 03:30 PM
(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What nails for which coffin? I'm not dead, no need for a coffin just yet.

Seriously though, please elaborate: what do you mean by this nails/coffin thing?
Thank you for a nice, concise, respectul question. God bless you.
Oops, almost for got my disclaimer. DISCLAIMER: Everything I say is my opinion.
In my OPINION, based on what the Bible says, at the end of each persons life they will give an accounting of their life. For unbelievers, besides weighing the good from the bad to determine their punishment for their deeds, they will also have to account for why, when God put the knowledge of Him in their heart and an understanding of His existence by the world around them, they refused to believe, and for why, when the same evidence of the need to accept His forgiveness of their sins by Jesus atoning blood was given to them as it was to believers, they refused to believe. This is your chance to say "Lord, I didnt know", unfortunately, you did know. In many, many ways. You chose to ignore it. I am one of these ways, I am the nail in your coffin. By just ignoring me you add fuel to your funeral pyre. God doesnt seek you. He made Himself known to you from birth. Over the years you just kept pounding that knowledge down in your heart so that now it's almost impossible for you to believe. God has given mankind 6000 years to accept Him. Now, He's out of patience. It's all over now. You have 7 years to seek Him out. He is standing at the door of your heart knocking and waiting to be invited in. If you want to know the truth all you have to do is say "Okay, Jesus, open my eyes and let me see the truth. Do that in a respectful manner, with sincerety, read the Bible, ponder it prayerfully and He will. BUT, I warn you. It's not going to be easy anymore. God is angry, he's run out of patience. Atheists have mocked Him for so long he is fed up with it. He promised to close your eyes to the truth and let you believe your lies so only the most sincere atheist will ever know the truth. If you sincereloy ask Him, He will relent and open your eyes. If you just keep blesphemously mocking THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, unto whom you are compared as an insect, then He is going to let you burn. It's your choice and when you lie trembling before Him in all His awesome glory you are going to agree with Him that your punishment is justified.

Sorry, I violated my own rule of not being verbose but the Spirit was upon me.
This sounds very much like the good old Egyptian religions... Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-01-2013, 03:31 PM
It's like arguing with a merry-go-round. But, then again, that's his point for being here- to be a troll. Christ, I wish I was high after talking to you.

[Image: eZ6La.gif]
30-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought you meant but I hate assuming. Let's look at that:

(sorry for how long this is, there's a lot to consider here)

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  In my OPINION, based on what the Bible says, at the end of each persons life they will give an accounting of their life.

Fair enough. The bible does say that.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  For unbelievers, besides weighing the good from the bad to determine their punishment for their deeds, they will also have to account for why, when God put the knowledge of Him in their heart and an understanding of His existence by the world around them, they refused to believe,

Did God put that in my heart?

I have never been religious. Not one day in my life. 45 years of atheism beginning the day I was born. But, let me tell you, I really want God to be real. I really want Heaven to be real. I really want to continue on after death, for all of eternity, living in endless bliss with my friends and family, forever. I don't want to die and just be done, or worse, to die and spend eternity in Hell.

Don't mistake me for some sad lonely atheist who rejected God. Quite the opposite. Take my word for that. I absolutely want what you believe to be true and be something that I can attain.

But I can't. I studied. I spent time in church. I have even prayed to god to give me some sign, to fill me with the Holy Spirit, to guide me to this eternal happiness in Heaven.

But no force on earth, including myself, can make me believe something that I don't believe. Theoretically, God could do this. He could fill me with belief that would make you look like a doubting Thomas. But he doesn't. OK, he lets me have freewill. But with that freewill, he doesn't give me belief. He doesn't give me any sign. He doesn't "put the knowledge of Him in my heart". He doesn't "put the understanding of His existence by the world around me" in my head or anywhere else.

He hasn't done any of that.

I most definitely have NOT refused him. I want him. I want heaven. I want to believe. But to me it's all nonsense and fairy tales and there has not been any Holy Spirit to show me the way.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  and for why, when the same evidence of the need to accept His forgiveness of their sins by Jesus atoning blood was given to them as it was to believers, they refused to believe.

I have not refused to believe.

You've probably heard this before, but what would you do if I asked you to believe in the Hindu gods? What if I told you that Vishnu and Shiva and Ganesh and all the rest are all true and they want to save you? Could you believe in them? Could you make yourself believe in them?

What if I make it easier, and say that your biblical God is also true - you don't have to forsake that god, all you need to do is to believe that the Hindu gods are ALSO real. Could you do that?

I bet you can't. I bet that no matter how hard you try, if you try, you'll still think those gods are silly nonsense. That's the same problem I have with your god. I cannot make myself believe in Him, no matter how hard I try.

It's not rejection. It's just a complete lack of reason to believe.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  This is your chance to say "Lord, I didnt know", unfortunately, you did know. In many, many ways. You chose to ignore it.

Tell me how I know?

I absolutely did not ignore anything. I am the same as you. I have the same flesh, the same soul, the same desire to be a good person. The same desire to please God and live righteously. The same desire to be saved from hellfire and exist forever in heavenly bliss.

I have never known. I have never ignored it.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I am one of these ways, I am the nail in your coffin. By just ignoring me you add fuel to your funeral pyre.

How so?

Are you suggesting that God doesn't know me?

Let me offer a counter proposal based on your world view.

God is omniscient. He knows everything about me. He counts the very numbers of the hairs on my head. Luke 12:7. He knows I'm an atheist. He knows I don't believe in him. My coffin is fully nailed by who I am and what I am. God knows this through his omniscience.

So what is it about your interaction with me here today that says "Hey, God, here's something you didn't know - this guy is ignoring me so put another nail in his fully nailed coffin"?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God doesnt seek you. He made Himself known to you from birth.

No, he didn't. What makes you think he did?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Over the years you just kept pounding that knowledge down in your heart so that now it's almost impossible for you to believe.

I didn't pound anything down in my heart. I opened my heart to him. It's still open. If he wants to fill me with Holy Spirit right now, I'll be in church tonight. Or Sunday. Every Sunday. Without fail.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God has given mankind 6000 years to accept Him.

He didn't give me 6,000 years. He only gave me 45 years. Or 52, counting the final 7 I am about to get.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Now, He's out of patience. It's all over now. You have 7 years to seek Him out.

Why is he out of patience? He's eternal. He could blink his eye and another 6,000 years could go by. Or 6 million. Whatever. He could take a nap and 6 trillion years could go by. If he wanted to.

How can a perfect being be out of patience? Running out of patience is an imperfection. How can an omniscient being run out of patience? Should he know better? How can an omnipotent being run out of patience? Shouldn't he have the power to make himself more patient, or to fix whatever is going wrong that is making him impatient?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  He is standing at the door of your heart knocking and waiting to be invited in. If you want to know the truth all you have to do is say "Okay, Jesus, open my eyes and let me see the truth. Do that in a respectful manner, with sincerety, read the Bible, ponder it prayerfully and He will.

All right. I just spent a half hour saying exactly that. Not a test. Not sarcasm. Not a joke. Not trying to prove me right and you wrong. I legitimately wanted an answer.

I have read the bible. I have prayed. I just prayed. I want this salvation. I sure as hell don't want an eternity in Hell.

This is not the first time I have asked God, Jesus, Holy Spirit to open my eyes and let me see, to fill my heart with the Holy Spirit, to make me a believer, or to just give me a sign and let me work the rest out for myself.

Nothing.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  BUT, I warn you. It's not going to be easy anymore. God is angry, he's run out of patience. Atheists have mocked Him for so long he is fed up with it.

Really? That's it? We have mocked him so that's why this perfect, omniscient, omnipotent being is out of patience? He's sounding less and less perfect to me.

I'm not trying to mock. What I am doing is suggesting that if your God exists, maybe your assumption that he's out of patience is a little off. I don't believe that your God is capable of running out of patience, and certainly not over something so petty as being mocked by people he created in his image with full knowledge that they would mock him.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  He promised to close your eyes to the truth and let you believe your lies so only the most sincere atheist will ever know the truth. If you sincereloy ask Him, He will relent and open your eyes. If you just keep blesphemously mocking THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, unto whom you are compared as an insect, then He is going to let you burn. It's your choice and when you lie trembling before Him in all His awesome glory you are going to agree with Him that your punishment is justified.

How is my punishment justified?

God created me. He gave me my brain. He made me inquisitive and skeptical and logical. Then he hid himself behind an enormous smoke screen of false gods and false religions and cults. His only communication to me is an ancient book full of contradictions and poor translations and copying errors and bits added by self-serving humans. He then gives me hundreds of religions, sects, and denominations that use that very book in different ways, from which I must mysteriously select the one true religion. He further hides himself by giving false scientific evidence to prove his book is wrong, such as radiometric dating, size and age of the earth and universe, fossils more than 6,000 years old, DNA showing that every living thing on earth is related, and so on.

He has never communicated with me, never given me a sign, never answered my prayers or my desire to learn His truth.

He knows all of this. He is omniscient. He knows exactly what I've done to find him and why it has failed. He could change this at any time. Even if all he does is send his Holy Spirit to give me even a fraction of your belief, that would change me forever.

He could knock a little louder at the door.

He made me as I am. He refuses to make himself even remotely evident to me and, in fact, hides himself behind a ton of reasons not to believe in him. He made me such that I see those reasons and they prevent me from believing. And he knows this.

I am behaving exactly as He created me to behave.

And for that I must burn for all of eternity and it's my fault?

I hardly think so.

And if your God existed, He wouldn't think so either, because if He did, He would be so amoral, so imperfect, so utterly idiotically clueless about his creations, that I don't think such a half-wit could possibly create such a wonderful universe. No, if your God exists, He's much too perfect to peddle the nonsense that a guy like me, his own creation, must burn in hell for being exactly the person that He created me to be.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
31-01-2013, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 12:12 AM by Richard Stuckmeyer.)
(30-01-2013 06:27 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Thanks, that's what I thought you meant but I hate assuming. Let's look at that:

(sorry for how long this is, there's a lot to consider here)

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  In my OPINION, based on what the Bible says, at the end of each persons life they will give an accounting of their life.

Fair enough. The bible does say that.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  For unbelievers, besides weighing the good from the bad to determine their punishment for their deeds, they will also have to account for why, when God put the knowledge of Him in their heart and an understanding of His existence by the world around them, they refused to believe,

Did God put that in my heart?

I have never been religious. Not one day in my life. 45 years of atheism beginning the day I was born. But, let me tell you, I really want God to be real. I really want Heaven to be real. I really want to continue on after death, for all of eternity, living in endless bliss with my friends and family, forever. I don't want to die and just be done, or worse, to die and spend eternity in Hell.

Don't mistake me for some sad lonely atheist who rejected God. Quite the opposite. Take my word for that. I absolutely want what you believe to be true and be something that I can attain.

But I can't. I studied. I spent time in church. I have even prayed to god to give me some sign, to fill me with the Holy Spirit, to guide me to this eternal happiness in Heaven.

But no force on earth, including myself, can make me believe something that I don't believe. Theoretically, God could do this. He could fill me with belief that would make you look like a doubting Thomas. But he doesn't. OK, he lets me have freewill. But with that freewill, he doesn't give me belief. He doesn't give me any sign. He doesn't "put the knowledge of Him in my heart". He doesn't "put the understanding of His existence by the world around me" in my head or anywhere else.

He hasn't done any of that.

I most definitely have NOT refused him. I want him. I want heaven. I want to believe. But to me it's all nonsense and fairy tales and there has not been any Holy Spirit to show me the way.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  and for why, when the same evidence of the need to accept His forgiveness of their sins by Jesus atoning blood was given to them as it was to believers, they refused to believe.

I have not refused to believe.

You've probably heard this before, but what would you do if I asked you to believe in the Hindu gods? What if I told you that Vishnu and Shiva and Ganesh and all the rest are all true and they want to save you? Could you believe in them? Could you make yourself believe in them?

What if I make it easier, and say that your biblical God is also true - you don't have to forsake that god, all you need to do is to believe that the Hindu gods are ALSO real. Could you do that?

I bet you can't. I bet that no matter how hard you try, if you try, you'll still think those gods are silly nonsense. That's the same problem I have with your god. I cannot make myself believe in Him, no matter how hard I try.

It's not rejection. It's just a complete lack of reason to believe.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  This is your chance to say "Lord, I didnt know", unfortunately, you did know. In many, many ways. You chose to ignore it.

Tell me how I know?

I absolutely did not ignore anything. I am the same as you. I have the same flesh, the same soul, the same desire to be a good person. The same desire to please God and live righteously. The same desire to be saved from hellfire and exist forever in heavenly bliss.

I have never known. I have never ignored it.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I am one of these ways, I am the nail in your coffin. By just ignoring me you add fuel to your funeral pyre.

How so?

Are you suggesting that God doesn't know me?

Let me offer a counter proposal based on your world view.

God is omniscient. He knows everything about me. He counts the very numbers of the hairs on my head. Luke 12:7. He knows I'm an atheist. He knows I don't believe in him. My coffin is fully nailed by who I am and what I am. God knows this through his omniscience.

So what is it about your interaction with me here today that says "Hey, God, here's something you didn't know - this guy is ignoring me so put another nail in his fully nailed coffin"?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God doesnt seek you. He made Himself known to you from birth.

No, he didn't. What makes you think he did?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Over the years you just kept pounding that knowledge down in your heart so that now it's almost impossible for you to believe.

I didn't pound anything down in my heart. I opened my heart to him. It's still open. If he wants to fill me with Holy Spirit right now, I'll be in church tonight. Or Sunday. Every Sunday. Without fail.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God has given mankind 6000 years to accept Him.

He didn't give me 6,000 years. He only gave me 45 years. Or 52, counting the final 7 I am about to get.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Now, He's out of patience. It's all over now. You have 7 years to seek Him out.

Why is he out of patience? He's eternal. He could blink his eye and another 6,000 years could go by. Or 6 million. Whatever. He could take a nap and 6 trillion years could go by. If he wanted to.

How can a perfect being be out of patience? Running out of patience is an imperfection. How can an omniscient being run out of patience? Should he know better? How can an omnipotent being run out of patience? Shouldn't he have the power to make himself more patient, or to fix whatever is going wrong that is making him impatient?

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  He is standing at the door of your heart knocking and waiting to be invited in. If you want to know the truth all you have to do is say "Okay, Jesus, open my eyes and let me see the truth. Do that in a respectful manner, with sincerety, read the Bible, ponder it prayerfully and He will.

All right. I just spent a half hour saying exactly that. Not a test. Not sarcasm. Not a joke. Not trying to prove me right and you wrong. I legitimately wanted an answer.

I have read the bible. I have prayed. I just prayed. I want this salvation. I sure as hell don't want an eternity in Hell.

This is not the first time I have asked God, Jesus, Holy Spirit to open my eyes and let me see, to fill my heart with the Holy Spirit, to make me a believer, or to just give me a sign and let me work the rest out for myself.

Nothing.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  BUT, I warn you. It's not going to be easy anymore. God is angry, he's run out of patience. Atheists have mocked Him for so long he is fed up with it.

Really? That's it? We have mocked him so that's why this perfect, omniscient, omnipotent being is out of patience? He's sounding less and less perfect to me.

I'm not trying to mock. What I am doing is suggesting that if your God exists, maybe your assumption that he's out of patience is a little off. I don't believe that your God is capable of running out of patience, and certainly not over something so petty as being mocked by people he created in his image with full knowledge that they would mock him.

(30-01-2013 03:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  He promised to close your eyes to the truth and let you believe your lies so only the most sincere atheist will ever know the truth. If you sincereloy ask Him, He will relent and open your eyes. If you just keep blesphemously mocking THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, unto whom you are compared as an insect, then He is going to let you burn. It's your choice and when you lie trembling before Him in all His awesome glory you are going to agree with Him that your punishment is justified.

How is my punishment justified?

God created me. He gave me my brain. He made me inquisitive and skeptical and logical. Then he hid himself behind an enormous smoke screen of false gods and false religions and cults. His only communication to me is an ancient book full of contradictions and poor translations and copying errors and bits added by self-serving humans. He then gives me hundreds of religions, sects, and denominations that use that very book in different ways, from which I must mysteriously select the one true religion. He further hides himself by giving false scientific evidence to prove his book is wrong, such as radiometric dating, size and age of the earth and universe, fossils more than 6,000 years old, DNA showing that every living thing on earth is related, and so on.

He has never communicated with me, never given me a sign, never answered my prayers or my desire to learn His truth.

He knows all of this. He is omniscient. He knows exactly what I've done to find him and why it has failed. He could change this at any time. Even if all he does is send his Holy Spirit to give me even a fraction of your belief, that would change me forever.

He could knock a little louder at the door.

He made me as I am. He refuses to make himself even remotely evident to me and, in fact, hides himself behind a ton of reasons not to believe in him. He made me such that I see those reasons and they prevent me from believing. And he knows this.

I am behaving exactly as He created me to behave.

And for that I must burn for all of eternity and it's my fault?

I hardly think so.

And if your God existed, He wouldn't think so either, because if He did, He would be so amoral, so imperfect, so utterly idiotically clueless about his creations, that I don't think such a half-wit could possibly create such a wonderful universe. No, if your God exists, He's much too perfect to peddle the nonsense that a guy like me, his own creation, must burn in hell for being exactly the person that He created me to be.
1.) According to the Bible yes He did. I dont know if you are serious here or not. You atheists are better trolls than I. If you are serious, which I doubt, then all you have to do is tell God, sincerely (that means actually mean it), that you want to know the truth. Invite Jesus (even if you dont believe in Him but want to know if He's real) into your heart. Then, with an open mind and sincerely, read the Bible. I suggest skipping the Old Testament, because that's not really that important anymore, and starting with the Gospel of John. Dont just read it like a novel. Read it like the Holy Living Book it really is, prayerfully and sincerely. Study what you read, like a college book on chemistry or something, ponder it, meditate on it, ask God to send the Holy Spirit to open your mind to His Word. Jesus said:

Luke 11:9-13
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

9 “So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. 11 Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks fora]'>[a] a fish, will give a snake instead of a fish? 12 Or if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spiritb]'>[b] to those who ask him!”
If you are sincer, and not trolling, God promised this. He will do it.
If you truly believe after you do all this then just confess that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness, thank Jesus for forgiving your sins, repent of your sins and you are saved. That's all there is to forgiveness, admitting that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness and then accepting God's free gift of forgiveness. QED.

Sorry, I'm too tired to try to answer anymore of that long, long list of questions right now. Maybe tomorrow.