Oz Gov goes Anti-Antivaxer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Oz Gov goes Anti-Antivaxer.
Gotta say, this was a surprise and a cool political move.

Quote:“The Government is extremely concerned at the risk this poses to other young children and the broader community,” Mr Abbott said.

“The choice made by families not to immunise their children is not supported by public policy or medical research nor should such action be supported by taxpayers in the form of child care payments.”

From 1 January 2016 people who are registered conscientious objectors will no longer receive either of the two childcare payments ...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
13-04-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Oz Gov goes Anti-Antivaxer.
Good move. Probably politically motivated - but it's nice when by happy coincidence politics motivates a politician to do the right thing.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Ya know, I'm not a fan of Australians, their politicians, their animals, their climate, their sport, their people, their celebrities (except Rove and friends, #bringbackrove), their culture, their TV, their history, their accent etc... BUT they do do pretty bitching things like this. They're not afraid to law down the fucking law.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
13-04-2015, 08:28 AM
The move of potentially cutting off family payments for parents who don't vaccinate is so audacious that the main group lobbying for vaccine (stop the avn) have actually more or less come out against it: https://www.facebook.com/stopavn/posts/1...1105353588

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
13-04-2015, 10:43 AM
It's a shame that we all are surprised and amazed when a government does something that makes sense.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
13-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Its a step in the right direction. I don't think its harsh enough. But ya know, better than nothing I guess.
13-04-2015, 11:40 AM
(13-04-2015 10:43 AM)pablo Wrote:  It's a shame that we all are surprised and amazed when a government does something that makes sense.

It's sort of like seeing your cat using the toilet......

You know it can be done -- but it's very rarely seen....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-04-2015, 02:05 PM
(13-04-2015 05:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Gotta say, this was a surprise and a cool political move.
I think parents should have the choice.
If they fuck up their children then it takes that DNA line out of the gene pool.

I have no problems with people choosing not to take medicine.
Kids are the parent's responsibility, parenting is the parent's job not the government's.
13-04-2015, 02:29 PM
(13-04-2015 08:28 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The move of potentially cutting off family payments for parents who don't vaccinate is so audacious that the main group lobbying for vaccine (stop the avn) have actually more or less come out against it: https://www.facebook.com/stopavn/posts/1...1105353588

I agree with the general thrust to vaccinate, but see it essentially a populist attempt to obscure other issues. Also why should religious demands be part of it?
13-04-2015, 03:36 PM
(13-04-2015 02:05 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 05:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Gotta say, this was a surprise and a cool political move.
I think parents should have the choice.
If they fuck up their children then it takes that DNA line out of the gene pool.

I have no problems with people choosing not to take medicine.
Kids are the parent's responsibility, parenting is the parent's job not the government's.

Except when parents choose not to vaccinate their children it affects herd immunity, and can and does kill other people's children who are actually not medically able to get those vaccines. Like kids who are too young yet for their immunizations, or kids who are actually allergic to the vaccines themselves.
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post