Oz Gov goes Anti-Antivaxer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Oz Gov goes Anti-Antivaxer.
(13-04-2015 03:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 03:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's not like medications. It endangers other people to have too many unvaccinated people around.

I don't care if they refuse vaccination, but they will have to be quarantined.
But if my family are all vaccinated aren't we then protected even if there is an outbreak amongst the unvaccinated kids at school?

Not necessarily. Vaccines are not 100% effective.

Also, there are people who can't be vaccinated - they are in danger.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2015, 09:14 PM
(13-04-2015 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 03:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But if my family are all vaccinated aren't we then protected even if there is an outbreak amongst the unvaccinated kids at school?

Not necessarily. Vaccines are not 100% effective.

Also, there are people who can't be vaccinated - they are in danger.

Add to that the more people who catch a disease the greater the risk it mutates into something the vaccine does not protect against.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-04-2015, 04:09 AM
(13-04-2015 11:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's sort of like seeing your cat using the toilet......

You know it can be done -- but it's very rarely seen....

not only am I stealing this, I'm also taking full credit for it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-04-2015, 04:21 AM
Quote:They will only continue to receive childcare and family tax payments if they are affiliated with a religious group whose governing body has a formally registered objection approved by the federal government.

Still got a gaping loophole, looks to me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2015, 06:20 AM
(16-04-2015 04:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's sort of like seeing your cat using the toilet......

You know it can be done -- but it's very rarely seen....

not only am I stealing this, I'm also taking full credit for it.

Use it in good health...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-04-2015, 03:35 PM
(16-04-2015 04:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  
Quote:They will only continue to receive childcare and family tax payments if they are affiliated with a religious group whose governing body has a formally registered objection approved by the federal government.

Still got a gaping loophole, looks to me.

Sounds like these religious groups are going to enjoy a boom a new members..
16-04-2015, 04:02 PM
(16-04-2015 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 04:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Still got a gaping loophole, looks to me.

Sounds like these religious groups are going to enjoy a boom a new members..

It seems there are no officially recognised religions in Australia that hold those positions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-04-2015, 04:09 PM
While I don't think parents' rights to not vaccinate should be taken away, I do wholeheartedly agree that there should be laws stating that they can't partake in things like public schooling, daycares, amusement parks, or any activities that involve their children being around other children.

If you want to travel by plane, for example, airports should require vaccinations no matter where you may be traveling to.

Basically take away any conveniences in order to protect the general public. Don't want to vaccinate out of personal belief? Fine. Then don't expect all of the conveniences and services you're used to.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
16-04-2015, 04:38 PM
(16-04-2015 04:09 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  While I don't think parents' rights to not vaccinate should be taken away, I do wholeheartedly agree that there should be laws stating that they can't partake in things like public schooling, daycares, amusement parks, or any activities that involve their children being around other children.

If you want to travel by plane, for example, airports should require vaccinations no matter where you may be traveling to.

Basically take away any conveniences in order to protect the general public. Don't want to vaccinate out of personal belief? Fine. Then don't expect all of the conveniences and services you're used to.

Ok seriously I do not understand the position of "Parents right to withhold vital medical attention" it is an insane stance. I look on it the same as withholding oxygen to a kid, not the parents right.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-04-2015, 07:11 PM
(13-04-2015 07:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know, I'm not a fan of Australians, their politicians, their animals, their climate, their sport, their people, their celebrities (except Rove and friends, #bringbackrove), their culture, their TV, their history, their accent etc... BUT they do do pretty bitching things like this. They're not afraid to law down the fucking law.

I like me some Aussies ... they're honorary Texans, in my book. Ohmy