PEW Science Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 06:26 AM
RE: PEW Science Quiz
(11-09-2015 06:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 06:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  12/12 - better than 94%, same as 6%.

[Image: old-people-funny-t-shirts-14__605.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
(11-09-2015 02:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 01:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What's with the trickiness of the boiling? I guess I've heard about that being stated for some random reason how the high altitude adjusts it, and even some instructions on food in Denver isn't accurate due to the different cooking.

I got 11, but got the what makes a soundwave question wrong.

I was kinda wondering why all the boiling issues too... But I didn't know how light passed through a magnifying lens or what determines sound volume, so it's not like I have a high position on it...

Water boils easier at higher altitudes due to the decreased atmospheric pressure.

The air is thinner in Denver. Because of the lower density of the surrounding air, it takes less energy to move the air dissolved in the water into the surrounding air. It's also why water will boil at room temperature in a vacuum.

Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
11-09-2015, 06:44 AM
12/12

Radio waves are light waves.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
12/12 but the interesting stat is that 1% got 1/12 and 2% got 2/12. So 3% did worse than randomly picking answers. I have a colleague that says that if multiple choice exam scores are worse than for randomly picked answers, that is an example of anti-knowledge.

Nice find FC.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
11-09-2015, 07:43 AM
12/12.
Almost had the graph about sugar and cavities wrong .

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-09-2015, 07:50 AM
If I would have read through this thread first I would have gotten 12/12. I missed the boiling water question.

Technically I missed the cavity question, but that's because it said I didn't answer the question. I tapped it on my phone and thought it was highlighted. I'm rejecting the notion that I got the answer wrong. It was testing knowledge, not test taking ability on an iPhone 5. Hmph. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-09-2015, 08:11 AM
12 for 12, and I'm a little disappointed in the general results here. This was pretty basic stuff that most of us should have learned before before we started high school. The demographics were disheartening too. Aside from the fact that everybody should know most of this stuff men scored better than women, and minorities scored low. The only surprise for me there was younger people did better than the older folks.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
11-09-2015, 08:12 AM
12/12 Woot Woot

[Image: wco3m0.png]

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
11-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Damn smart people. You and your knowing things.

Need another quiz to try an redeem myself...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(11-09-2015 08:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Damn smart people. You and your knowing things.

Need another quiz to try an redeem myself...

Do this one lol it's a quiz that gives you a phrase, you have to choose if it's a heavy metal lyric or a bible verse.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/heavy-...ffgVlB8aJB

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze