PEW Science Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: PEW Science Quiz
(11-09-2015 11:57 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:10 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/12...atmosphere

46 of 50 here.

50, but oddly, many of the questions are etymological rather than scientific...

And many are historical. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Shit, I got 10/12 and 38/50. I'm gonna go home and rethink my life now. Are you guys all like fucking chemists and biologists or something cause who the hell has half the periodic table memorized? And what is palladium? FML

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2015, 11:09 PM
(12-09-2015 10:23 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Shit, I got 10/12 and 38/50. I'm gonna go home and rethink my life now. Are you guys all like fucking chemists and biologists or something cause who the hell has half the periodic table memorized? And what is palladium? FML

I know right, they be all like

[Image: 55f4acf9ce06b.jpeg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-09-2015, 11:10 PM
I got 10/12 and I'm pretty stupid about science but just living life has learned me a few damned things. And why the hell was astrology even a question. That's dumb.

Edit: I see there's another quiz posted. I'm staying clear of that one. Gonna quit while I'm behind.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-09-2015, 11:36 PM
(12-09-2015 10:23 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Shit, I got 10/12 and 38/50. I'm gonna go home and rethink my life now. Are you guys all like fucking chemists and biologists or something cause who the hell has half the periodic table memorized? And what is palladium? FML

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I felt biology was under-represented in the quizzes. They are always physics and chem heavy...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Well I guess I associate chemistry with biology because it seems like if you get really deep into biology you're probably going to have to have an understanding of chemical interaction. That's how life works. Then again, I'm not going into science so it's all academic anyway.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
16-09-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2015 11:12 AM by devilsadvoc8.)
11 out of 12. Missed the magnifying glass question
8 out of 10 on the Spatial one. I got 6 & 8 wrong and got lucky on 10 as I guessed after eliminating 1 answer.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
16-09-2015, 02:13 PM
11/12
16-09-2015, 03:09 PM
10/12. I missed the boiling water and light magnification questions.