PLEASE -- Fuck with this nitwit.........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 07:30 AM
PLEASE -- Fuck with this nitwit.........
I was doing my usual window shopping for wrecks and whatnot --- and came across this advert on Craigslist.......

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/5932415691.html

quote --

Your getting a saturn L300 that runs but needs work. It's exhaust is loud and bumbles. It was once driven by a star that cannot be named. Your buying the intangibles with this purchase. I beloved car in rough shape. Will take offers on trades. Prefer cash only transactions. Inventions were born in this car... and now needs a new owner. No lowball offers please.

unquote

If this scammer isn't the guy who invented the "Nigerian Prince" scam -- he's probably at least related to him........

He's "only" asking $25,000 for a car that's worth about 500 bucks.......

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-01-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: PLEASE -- Fuck with this nitwit.........
Maybe he accidently added an extra 0? Maybe two? Ya got me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-01-2017, 12:27 PM
(15-01-2017 09:14 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe he accidently added an extra 0? Maybe two? Ya got me.

You'd hope it's an honest mistake -- but really????

Think about it --- if you're buying this car for bragging rights about some "star" previously owning it ---- what good is that, if you can't tell anybody who owned it???????

Nawww.... Fractured english and all -- it's a scammer......

Perhaps he can sell us a bridge to drive it on, as well.....

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-01-2017, 01:38 PM
It's nuts. I've looked through craigslist for stuff and I've noticed some of the people are dumber than a box of rocks. Most are ok but I'm tellin you, there's some really stupid that take up space on this planet that shouldn't.

The first car I ever bought was in high school and one of my older brothers found it for me. It was an old 68 Chevy Impala kinda like this:

[Image: 68impala.jpg]

It cost me 200 dollars. I had it for 6 years. The driver side door stopped opening, the seat buckles weren't the best but the engine just kept going. I hardly did anything to it to keep it running.

My brother said it was a Wednesday car. I asked him what a Wednesday car was and he had an hypothesis:

On Monday auto workers were hung over from the weekend and still bleary eyed. On Tuesday they were starting to get their stride back. But on Wednesday they were in top form and any car coming off the assembly line was going to be in great shape! By Thursday the auto workers were starting to think about the weekend again and by Friday any car being assembled was a lost cause.

I thought that was the funniest damned thing. I still laugh about it Now cars are assembled by robots so his hypothesis wouldn't work anymore.

So I finally sold my Chevy to a guy who was making it into a low rider. This was in the late 80's. I sold it to him for 250 bucks. I wish I still had that car.

That's my car story cause I know you're a car guy. Tongue

15-01-2017, 04:47 PM
So Online, what do you do with your cars? Do you fix them up and resell them? My brother used to have an old 58 Chevy that he refurbished, it was a hobby of his but he lives up in Canada and it sat in the garage most of the year and getting parts was a pain. I think he sold it. Twas a candy apple red little number.

15-01-2017, 06:34 PM
I think if I had the money I'd like to build a Rat-Rod.
15-01-2017, 06:56 PM
(15-01-2017 01:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's nuts. I've looked through craigslist for stuff and I've noticed some of the people are dumber than a box of rocks. Most are ok but I'm tellin you, there's some really stupid that take up space on this planet that shouldn't.

The first car I ever bought was in high school and one of my older brothers found it for me. It was an old 68 Chevy Impala kinda like this:

It cost me 200 dollars. I had it for 6 years. The driver side door stopped opening, the seat buckles weren't the best but the engine just kept going. I hardly did anything to it to keep it running.

My brother said it was a Wednesday car. I asked him what a Wednesday car was and he had an hypothesis:

On Monday auto workers were hung over from the weekend and still bleary eyed. On Tuesday they were starting to get their stride back. But on Wednesday they were in top form and any car coming off the assembly line was going to be in great shape! By Thursday the auto workers were starting to think about the weekend again and by Friday any car being assembled was a lost cause.

I thought that was the funniest damned thing. I still laugh about it Now cars are assembled by robots so his hypothesis wouldn't work anymore.

So I finally sold my Chevy to a guy who was making it into a low rider. This was in the late 80's. I sold it to him for 250 bucks. I wish I still had that car.

Back in the '60s, at least, you could order a Wednesday vehicle (if you knew about it, and cared). It was a real thing. It took about 11 hours for a vehicle to be fully assembled, starting with the frame being hung at the start of the conveyor. At least, that's what it took at the GM Assembly Division in Van Nuys, CA, when I worked there (1970).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-01-2017, 07:10 PM
(15-01-2017 06:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 01:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's nuts. I've looked through craigslist for stuff and I've noticed some of the people are dumber than a box of rocks. Most are ok but I'm tellin you, there's some really stupid that take up space on this planet that shouldn't.

Back in the '60s, at least, you could order a Wednesday vehicle (if you knew about it, and cared). It was a real thing. It took about 11 hours for a vehicle to be fully assembled, starting with the frame being hung at the start of the conveyor. At least, that's what it took at the GM Assembly Division in Van Nuys, CA, when I worked there (1970).

So was "Wednesday car" a thing? It wasn't just my brother's idea? He must have heard it from someone else. Love my brother though.

16-01-2017, 06:54 AM
(15-01-2017 04:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So Online, what do you do with your cars? Do you fix them up and resell them? My brother used to have an old 58 Chevy that he refurbished, it was a hobby of his but he lives up in Canada and it sat in the garage most of the year and getting parts was a pain. I think he sold it. Twas a candy apple red little number.

We're collecting. At some point - as with any obsolete brand - parts will become exceedingly hard to find - and some will be near non-existent.

I've only sold one -- a 94 SC2 --- and it just boomeranged.... I sold it to my buddy - who gave it to his daughter to drive -- and she wiped out the front end (she's fine)... So - I just used the car hauler I built (specifically for Saturns - which sit quite low) and brought it back home..... The car is totaled - but it's a really good engine/transaxle.....

It will get parted out - and the base shell of the body, hauled to the scrapyard.

We currently have 6 cars that we drive. The goal - is to get one from each year of production of the S series cars (1991 - 2002)..

I'm the poor man's Jay Leno....

(we only have one car we paid over 1000 dollars)

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-01-2017, 09:08 AM
This was my first car - 64 dodge dart convertible. It had a push button transmission. It also had a hole in the roof and when it rained (not very often in California) I could be seen driving with an umbrella... I couldn't afford to do anything about the roof.

[Image: dodge_zpscnatkmwe.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post