PM notification but no PM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2012, 08:44 AM
PM notification but no PM
Forum Gods and Geeks, i came in to my office inbox this morning with a message from the TTA forum telling me i had a PM from 'jess'. WHen i went to the inbox nothing was there.
Am i missing something? Did it get deleted? I never saw the message.
What say ye...keepers of the PM's?

D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 08:56 AM
RE: PM notification but no PM
(27-11-2012 08:44 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Forum Gods and Geeks, i came in to my office inbox this morning with a message from the TTA forum telling me i had a PM from 'jess'. WHen i went to the inbox nothing was there.

D
Jess was a spammer that was banned this morning.

We have a tool called "Goodbye Spammer" which deletes everything the spammer does. The spammer sent you a PM; however, the tool deleted it, but the notification was still there waiting on you.

Hope this helps.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-11-2012, 08:57 AM
(27-11-2012 08:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 08:44 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Forum Gods and Geeks, i came in to my office inbox this morning with a message from the TTA forum telling me i had a PM from 'jess'. WHen i went to the inbox nothing was there.

D
Jess was a spammer that was banned this morning.

We have a tool called "Goodbye Spammer" which deletes everything the spammer does. The spammer sent you a PM; however, the tool deleted it, but the notification was still there waiting on you.

Hope this helps.
Ahhhhh, Thanks KC!
27-11-2012, 09:02 AM
You're welcome Smile

27-11-2012, 09:30 AM
yep i read mine last night and was like wtf why am i being sent this lol.

people who use one site to advertise another are petty imo.
27-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah I got the message and read it this morning, and because I am a wise guy I reported it *hides*
Jess was advertising his new forum, and he was sending to 5 people at a time. Pretty sure only 5 because more isn't possible.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2012, 09:51 AM
(27-11-2012 09:45 AM)Leela Wrote:  Yeah I got the message and read it this morning, and because I am a wise guy I reported it *hides*
Jess was advertising his new forum, and he was sending to 5 people at a time. Pretty sure only 5 because more isn't possible.
I couldn't find how on my phone and figured someone would report it or i'd have done it this morning. Don't feel like the bad guy. People who send pms like that piss me off. I owned a website some years ago and the traffic of my site decreased very fast for some reason. Someone reported that someone was using my pm system to get other members on theirs, upon the report I found they had sent out pms to almost everyone.

When people can't make their own site successful they often use the popularity of others to advertise their site.

I think if they genuinely wanted to get a "message across" they could have posted to the main forum with an explanation and clarification that they don't want to sap traffic and it might have been taken a bit better. But registering to pm people is petty and shows you don't have a backbone.
27-11-2012, 09:52 AM
(27-11-2012 09:45 AM)Leela Wrote:  Yeah I got the message and read it this morning, and because I am a wise guy I reported it *hides*
Sorry that this happen, but there was literally no way of preventing this.

At least when we used the "Goodbye Spammer" tool, he not only was banned but also so was his IP.

27-11-2012, 09:54 AM
(27-11-2012 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Sorry that this happen, but there was literally no way of preventing this.

At least when we used the "Goodbye Spammer" tool, he not only was banned but also so was his IP.

I feel left out! I didn't get a PM, jess had no love for the Kid. Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
27-11-2012, 09:56 AM
(27-11-2012 09:54 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorry that this happen, but there was literally no way of preventing this.

I feel left out! I didn't get a PM, jess had no love for the Kid. Weeping
Don't worry. You didn't miss anything.