POX

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2014, 03:06 PM
POX
Well, this is terrifying. Shocking

What the fuck has been going on in these labs that leads to such cavalier behavior around the most deadly substances known to human kind? Consider I can't believe someone never turned up with it over the years.

And what the fuck was it doing in a Food and Drug Administration lab? What the complete and actual fuck? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-07-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: POX
Let the conspiracy theories begin! Facepalm
This is scary as hell.
08-07-2014, 04:30 PM
What's just as scary is the guy who's trying to recreate the Spanish flu virus that killed 50 million people in the early 20th century.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...on-people/
08-07-2014, 04:37 PM
This gem in the comments section:

Quote:Ian Herring
6:23 AM GMT+0800
For what it's worth, the vials weren't discovered in a CDC broom closet - they were in a lab that was used to store disease samples. The samples originated from the 1950s, long before we had computer-tracked inventory systems. The FDA was moved into in to the lab in 1972, almost assuredly by the General Services Administration. If a box was left behind, the FDA researchers probably wouldn’t have realized it, because they didn’t manage their own move. They probably assumed it belonged to someone in the lab. And the FDA didn’t develop their Good Laboratory Practices until 1978. If anyone from the FDA noticed a vial labeled “Variola" between 1972 and now, they probably wouldn’t have known what it was. The FDA doesn’t employ a lot of smallpox experts, nor does it need to. The WHO made the decision to move smallpox samples to Atlanta in 1980, and the CDC would have never thought to look for samples in a lab that, at that point, had been run by the FDA for 8 years.

What I’m trying to say is that this is obviously Obama’s fault.

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
These were being stored in facilities right next to my neighborhood.....

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-07-2014, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 08:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-07-2014 07:39 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  These were being stored in facilities right next to my neighborhood.....

You and me both TartarSauce. The FDA is in my backyard now that it took over the property previously used by the Naval Surface Warfare Center to test munitions. There's already a shitload of shit buried in those woods. An accidental detonation in the proximity of killer shit is fucking scary. "It is a mystery how the smallpox samples ended up in Building 29A on the NIH campus in Maryland. The building is an FDA lab, one of several the agency has operated on the NIH campus since 1972. The vials were discovered while employees were preparing for the lab’s move to the FDA’s main campus at White Oak, Md." Someone failed miserably to properly excess shit. And Rev's got Fort Detrick and USAMRIID in his backyard. God only knows what USAMRIID has that could either wipe out or save humanity.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-07-2014, 09:22 AM
(08-07-2014 04:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What's just as scary is the guy who's trying to recreate the Spanish flu virus that killed 50 million people in the early 20th century.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...on-people/

Strangely enough, there is an article about this very thing in today's local paper. I wasn't aware of this when I posted yesterday, but this shit is happening at the University of Wisconsin, in Madison -- and I live in Madison! Yikes! Also, the guy in charge has gotten in trouble in the past for safety violations. Double yikes!!
09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
I don't understand what the problem is. It is only the most deadly and viral bacterial infection in the recorded history of mankind.