POp Ups.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 05:33 PM
POp Ups.
Before I take my computer to the repair shop are others receiving the pop up-----Stack overflow at line 1822?

Have ran all my anti virus stuff but its still happening...... Thanks Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: POp Ups.
Not me, but I saw someone else mentioning it...

Try using a different browser before racing to the shop...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-03-2012, 06:20 PM
(26-03-2012 06:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not me, but I saw someone else mentioning it...

Try using a different browser before racing to the shop...

Thanks Dom; apparently it has occurred on another forum according to my google research.

Yes, it is claimed that the browser may cause the problem and it is merely inconvenient, not damaging. Undecided
26-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I am, pretty much any time I post or go into a new thread

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-03-2012, 06:32 PM
(26-03-2012 06:21 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I am, pretty much any time I post or go into a new thread

Thanks Kid........we'll get to the bottom of this............ Unsure
26-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I've never had a pop up on this site though I do use Firefox and it defends against those sorts of things quite well.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2012, 06:57 PM
(26-03-2012 06:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I've never had a pop up on this site though I do use Firefox and it defends against those sorts of things quite well.
Thanks Lucradis.
I have just downloaded Chrome and the problem has gone.
Wow, its even giving me a spell check.
Now I just have to get used to the new browser. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
26-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Google Chrome did the job. Thanks Woof!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm guessing you had IE 7 or 8, correct? Both of those have support for max-width, but have problems hence the error. If it was a different browser, then the problem was something else, but knowing that the new editor has max-width has led me to believe that is the cause of the stack overflow.

... in other words, upgrade IE, or stop using it altogether, because it probably won't get fixed unless DeepThought is feeling extra giving.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
26-03-2012, 08:14 PM
(26-03-2012 07:54 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  I'm guessing you had IE 7 or 8, correct? Both of those have support for max-width, but have problems hence the error. If it was a different browser, then the problem was something else, but knowing that the new editor has max-width has led me to believe that is the cause of the stack overflow.

... in other words, upgrade IE, or stop using it altogether, because it probably won't get fixed unless DeepThought is feeling extra giving.
Thanks Cranium, my computer skills are pretty limited and the practise helps.
All is well for the time being.