PS4: E3 announces Kh3 and FFXV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: PS4: E3 announces Kh3 and FFXV
History might not repeat itself, but it sure as hell rhymes.

Or does no one else remember a little thing called E3 1995?

There were two big console releases on the horizon; the Sega Saturn, and the newcomer, the Sony Playstation. Both were scheduled for release later in the year - the Saturn on Sep 2, the PS1 the following week on Sep 9 (US dates, since E3 was really only for the American market in those days).

Sega's press conference contained two bombshells. The system was launching immediately (to pre-empt Sony - which rather backfired, since no games were ready yet!). More importantly they announced the price: $399 USD.

Sony's conference was next. The centrepiece was just a few short words. $299.

And that is how, eighteen years ago, Sony won the second generation of console wars.

What do you want to bet some of Sony's higher-ups remember that one pretty damn clearly?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-06-2013, 09:45 PM
(10-06-2013 09:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I remember last year you telling me about how xbox is so much better than playstation and that I was totally wrong for having a playstation instead of an xbox. Care to eat your words?

I will completely admit that yeah, I was a totaly 360 fanatic, and compared to 360, PS2 kind of sucks. Microsoft completely disappointed me. Seriously. Watching the reveal for the new xbox, this was all my brain could make of it.

Xbox go home. A NEW DOG.

Still, anything you say sucks, Hughs. Wink
10-06-2013, 09:48 PM
(10-06-2013 09:45 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I will completely admit that yeah, I was a totaly 360 fanatic, and compared to 360, PS2 kind of sucks. Microsoft completely disappointed me. Seriously. Watching the reveal for the new xbox, this was all my brain could make of it.

Xbox go home.

Bloody hell, never thought I'd see the day that you would even vaguely hint that I may be right about anything. I think I may pass out.

(10-06-2013 09:45 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Still, anything you say still sucks, Hughs. Wink

That's more like it.

Love you too Amber. Heart

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
(10-06-2013 09:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Bloody hell, never thought I'd see the day that you would even vaguely hint that I may be right about anything. I think I may pass out.

Don't get too lightheaded on me now. I'll still find a loophole to be more "right about anything" than you. (;

(10-06-2013 09:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  That's more like it.

Love you too Amber. Heart

BlushHeart

You're still gay.
10-06-2013, 09:52 PM
(10-06-2013 09:44 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And that is how, eighteen years ago, Sony won the second generation of console wars.

What do you want to bet some of Sony's higher-ups remember that one pretty damn clearly?

I think Sony's gonna soar sky high with this one, this time. Cool
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
(10-06-2013 09:52 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I think Sony's gonna soar sky high with this one, this time. Cool

It's looking that way. It's not gonna be as simple as with Sega though, Microsoft have the financial power to keep fighting.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
10-06-2013, 09:57 PM
(10-06-2013 09:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It's looking that way. It's not gonna be as simple as with Sega though, Microsoft have the financial power to keep fighting.

True, but I just don't see Microsoft coming back at that. That's like trying to cover up poop with more poop.

...It's still just poop...
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
(10-06-2013 09:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  BlushHeart

You're still gay.

And you're still a butthole, but an awesome butthole I must admit. Not that that will stop me from an annihilating you on PS4 and laughing at your tears of despair I hope you understand .......

Best
Worst
10-06-2013, 09:59 PM
(10-06-2013 09:57 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  True, but I just don't see Microsoft coming back at that. That's like trying to cover up poop with more poop.

...It's still just poop...

However bad it goes though they can always just cut their loses and spend the next few years working to make sure the next xbox is completely awesome and focus on the next fight, they got the finances for it.

Best
Worst
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
(10-06-2013 09:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  And you're still a butthole, but an awesome butthole I must admit. Not that that will stop me from an annihilating you on PS4 and laughing at your tears of despair I hope you understand .......

The only tears falling from my face will be tears of gnarly victory.
'MERCIA, BITCH.

(10-06-2013 09:59 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  However bad it goes though they can always just cut their loses and spend the next few years working to make sure the next xbox is completely awesome and focus on the next fight, they got the finances for it.

Ain't nobody got the patience for that. Pick the company that's not getting owned like an old school rap battle.
Cool