Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: PS4 vs Xbox One
(15-11-2013 08:08 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: pandora_perspective_01.jpg]
Drinking Beverage
Tongue

Lol that little toaster has to be mini or micro-atx, my CPU cooler is bigger than that thing.

This is a contest of cubeness, not power. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
16-11-2013, 10:09 AM
(15-11-2013 08:37 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Lol did you see the green glowing monster on the last page?

SSDs are worth every dime, I boot window like 10 seconds (probably less if you don't count the bios).

Seriously though, you need what a 128gb for your play station? a 256bg? You can get a top of the line Samsung 256 (Samsung are the best...they are pretty much the only actual SSD manufacturer so they keep the best memory for themselves) for like $170 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...2W00YW3571 and when they go on sale they can be had for around $130.

It's worth it for Skyrim alone.
Dude, I know SSDs are awesome, my comp boots from a 240 GB SSD (and I effing love it). But that doesn't make them cheap. Even if you get them on sale, they still aren't incredible deals when compared to other storage media. The problem with PS4 is that every game needs to install and you might be looking at 50GB+ installs. An SSD would only be practical if you only ever played 2 or 3 games in the same time period. Another problem would be Sony trying to make a profit, so they would probably charge more to have an initial SSD compared to if you purchased one yourself. For instance the 12 GB flash memory (I think) PS3 which they still sell for $200.

Sorry not talking about XB1 much since I never looked into it.

On a side note, YEAH MAN the BIOS pisses me off. my BIOS splash screen takes like 10 seconds and booting windows takes like 5. I was trying to find a way to deactivate the splash screen on my MOBO...with no luck (for windows 7, but you can for W8)Sad.
16-11-2013, 10:30 AM
(14-11-2013 10:17 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The Xbox One is Microsoft's failed abortion. Drinking Beverage

I thought XBox One was supposed to be awesome? I've been trying to pre-order one for my hubby's Birthday ... no? I can't find any place to pre-order and you're saying it's not good?
Any further advice?
I'm not a gamer and we have PlayStation currently --- but all I hear about Xbox sounded good to me (???)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
16-11-2013, 10:45 AM
(16-11-2013 10:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 10:17 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The Xbox One is Microsoft's failed abortion. Drinking Beverage

I thought XBox One was supposed to be awesome? I've been trying to pre-order one for my hubby's Birthday ... no? I can't find any place to pre-order and you're saying it's not good?
Any further advice?
I'm not a gamer and we have PlayStation currently --- but all I hear about Xbox sounded good to me (???)

Honestly the two systems (XBOX One and PS4) are going to be nearly the same functionally. The difference in graphics and power will likely not be noticeable by consumers between game performance and titles (from what I've heard).

However some gamers have extreme biases towards certain systems....so you might want to subtly see if your husband has a bias. For instance my bias against XBOX overrides my logic in knowing that I would get nearly the same experience with an XB1 than I would with a PS4. So I will probably NEVER buy an XB1 myself. Not that I would hate getting one as a gift, but I'm all about Playstation and Wii U.
16-11-2013, 10:55 AM

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
16-11-2013, 10:56 AM
(16-11-2013 10:45 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 10:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I thought XBox One was supposed to be awesome? I've been trying to pre-order one for my hubby's Birthday ... no? I can't find any place to pre-order and you're saying it's not good?
Any further advice?

Honestly the two systems (XBOX One and PS4) are going to be nearly the same functionally. The difference in graphics and power will likely not be noticeable by consumers between game performance and titles (from what I've heard).

However some gamers have extreme biases towards certain systems....so you might want to subtly see if your husband has a bias. For instance my bias against XBOX overrides my logic in knowing that I would get nearly the same experience with an XB1 than I would with a PS4. So I will probably NEVER buy an XB1 myself. Not that I would hate getting one as a gift, but I'm all about Playstation and Wii U.

Thank you SO much. Good advice. So - I'll *listen* more closely to hubby's ideas or bias towards our already existing PS system. I can see how that might be something personal if you're used to one system over another.
Besides I cannot seem to pre-order the XboxOne anyway. *sigh*

I'm not a gamer and so far this has been a pain the ass for me trying to locate one for him (minus standing in line at 4am at some random Target on the 22nd)...

I just saw the video for XBoxOne and it looked SO impressive. Light years from the PS system we now own. That's for sure. LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
16-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Well.

But no, PS4 simply has better hardware. The CPUs are very similar but the graphics chip is substantially more powerful (having a slightly slower clock, but half again as much actual silicon) and the RAM is better to boot (probably; nominal bandwidth is much higher but again we'll have to see how well that's used). The advantage of the One is the integration of the mic/camera (you can buy the PS camera dealie, and even get some similar functionality, but it's very much an afterthought). Which, given that the safe assumption is that any and all internet-capable devices have no security whatsoever, and any and all tech companies have no hesitation to provide any and all information they may collect to any and all intelligence agencies who ask for it, is not necessarily much of an advantage. Though, you never know, maybe some day you'll need an alibi. There's a bright side to everything Tongue .

XBone does have some interesting media integration features - but a lot of them are tied to cable television (lol) and a lot of them are US-exclusive (double lol).

Now, given that both consoles are just minimally tweaked PC hardware this time (good ol' x86), there'll be less difference than ever in multi-platform titles (and because developers like money most games are, or will be, multi-platform - exclusives are a dying breed).

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Given the framerate of the xbox one, i have no choice but to declare it superior for starfleet.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
16-11-2013, 11:42 AM
(16-11-2013 11:39 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Given the framerate of the xbox one, i have no choice but to declare it superior for starfleet.

Yeah, but... framerate is software dependent...

... this is my signature!
16-11-2013, 11:45 AM
(16-11-2013 11:42 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 11:39 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Given the framerate of the xbox one, i have no choice but to declare it superior for starfleet.

Yeah, but... framerate is software dependent...

You might be in favor of the bunduru for black friday but I must remain allegiant for starfleet.