PS4 vs Xbox One

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: PS4 vs Xbox One
(29-11-2013 06:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 11:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Can you play ps3 games on the ps4?
I might get a ps4 next week.

Whatever happened to Mr. Sadcryface2 Weeping I'm Broke? Tongue

Well, Mr Broke filed to dip into his retirement fund which the bank approved and payed off a couple bills. Than less than a week later some tosser stole my motorbike and so the insurance company is gonna pay me out.
So in the space of like 2 weeks I went from Mr dead broke never been so poor in my life holy shit I need cash now, to Mr I have paid off all my debt and have enough money left over for the plane tickets to my trip to Europe in 2015.

aka: as per the story of my life, I got lucky and shit sorted it self out.

Quote:Not yet. They announced at E3 there will be a patch in the future that makes it backwards compatible but only games from the cloud, not from the actual disc

Gay.
I might hold off than. No point buying one if there's no/few games for the thing yet.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I'm actually not going PS4 for another few years almost entirely because it can't play PS3 games. I have so many PS3 games to finish already, no point in getting a system that can't play them. So instead last night I dropped by Walmart black Friday, was in and out in 2 hours and got me a PS3 doorbuster deal with relatively no hassle. Pretty happy with that.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Lol, cloud gaming sucks...

The PS4 has basic PC architecture, same architecture as the XBone, just superior power. Since the PS3 had such unique "cell" architecture, I doubt that the PS4 would be able to easily emulate it.
29-11-2013, 06:54 PM
They'll probably come out with some chip thing that'll cost you like $100 to buy and get installed in your ps4 so you can play ps3 games... Dodgy

Is GTA V coming out/out for the new consoles?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-11-2013, 07:02 PM
They're both stuffed with useless "entertainment" that will bore you after 2 hours and never be used again, like the pointless crap we see here:

In conclusion:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
29-11-2013, 07:07 PM
(29-11-2013 06:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They'll probably come out with some chip thing that'll cost you like $100 to buy and get installed in your ps4 so you can play ps3 games... Dodgy
I doubt it, mostly because they failed to even get the PS3 to play PS2 games after they downsized the original model.

29-11-2013, 08:04 PM
(29-11-2013 10:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  aka: as per the story of my life, I got lucky and shit sorted it self out.

Hug

Good to hear. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2013, 08:14 PM
My original ps3 has a ps2 chip in it. The slightly newer but still original design ps3 dropped the ps2 chip but emulated the ps2 somehow... Then they dropped the backwards compatibility completely
29-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah I got the backwards compatible PS3 also, but it got the YLOD Sad

13-12-2013, 09:23 AM
(29-11-2013 05:03 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Lol, cloud gaming sucks...

The PS4 has basic PC architecture, same architecture as the XBone, just superior power. Since the PS3 had such unique "cell" architecture, I doubt that the PS4 would be able to easily emulate it.

PC's can emulate the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

There is no good reason for these new machines to not be backwards compatible, especially when EVERY OTHER modern electronic device is--phones (except the Windows 8 Phone), tablets, PCs, Wii U, 3DS, Vita (to an extent), etc.

If the PS4 and XBO are truly as powerful as they say, then why can't they their predecessor's games?

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com