Paco de Lucia, You Will Be Missed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Paco de Lucia, You Will Be Missed
Incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of Paco de Lucia, the man that I considered to be the greatest living guitarist. I had the honor of seeing him play live last year, and I'm incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to do so. You would never see his name on some Rolling Stone "Greatest Guitarists" list, but that stuff is based on popularity. If you aren't familiar with him, I highly recommend checking him out. He brought flamenco guitar to a wider audience, and is considered by many to be the greatest flamenco guitarist of all-time.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
26-02-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Paco de Lucia, You Will Be Missed
I try to avoid ranking guitarists (among other things, how can you compare a flamenco guitarist to a classical guitarist to a jazz guitarist, etc.), but for sure, he was one of the great ones. I envy you having seen him play live -- I never did. I do have a DVD of him playing with John McLaughlin and Larry Coryell, and maybe a CD or two. I will have to dig those out tonight. Yes, he will be missed.
26-02-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Paco de Lucia, You Will Be Missed
Sad Makes me really sad to hear that.

I love his music. Greatest flamenco guitarist no doubt.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's