Padre Pio - Fraud or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Padre Pio - Fraud or not?
(09-03-2016 07:57 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 06:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He was an attention seeking nut case. It was a total fraud. His "symptoms" changed radically over time, and even from day to day. Even if there had been a post-mortem which confirmed "wounds" (and we know they were in the *wrong place* for Roman crucifixions), it proves nothing, except that he was afflicted with a severe case/ability of psychosomatic manifestation. If your stupid deity can do this, to demonstrate something, why can't it cure even one baby of cancer, or feed 5 starving kids. Grow up. The pharmacist who provided him the acid he used, has confessed.
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eur...92714.html

The independent has relied on lies in this article, is based on total lies, to have such hatred for Pio to slam such lies is just baseless and cruel. The pharmacist was paid lots of money to lie, go right into the facts. He did cure people, he cured a blind girl, he cured many people. Look into historical evidence, people were given lots and lots of money to make up the most vile lies about this man who never harmed anybody and only ever did good. I cannot believe the vile cruelty and evil thinking of people to be so condemning of a most kind man just to prove "hey I'm atheist so I'll tell every lie about a human being possible". If you think he is fake fine, but don't slander this man who had a heart of gold, just for your self-centred pride of being an atheist. You lot are the same people who would put to jail and condemn an innocent man, shame on you all for your lying condemning cruel evil intentions. DISGUSTING'

Your beliefs are based on circus show stunts, you have to have a lot better evidence than testimony to prove that magic exists. Again, there are many miracle/magic claims for other religions, why don't you believe those?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 08:11 AM
(09-03-2016 08:05 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 07:54 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I just showed you that Shiva performed greater miracles than Padre Pio, Shiva actually helped someone win a battle, all that Pio did was a cheap circus freak show trick, therefore Shiva>Yhwh.

what was a cheap circus show trick, what is your factual proof it was a freak show trick, or do you just like to slander innocent people who have done nothing wrong to you, woh, must be so cool hating a man whose whole intentions in life was doing good for people. strange world indeed. we put the innocent in jail for the same vile lies and hatred towards someone. pure evil

We put the innocent in jail for the same vile lies and hatred? I find this particularly ironic considering what my user name is.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-03-2016, 08:15 AM
You do not know what I believe, you do not even know what religion I am or if I even am part of one. He was not a circus show stunt man, he was a very humble man, seeked nothing for himself, he was not a magician not interested in magic anyway. he was in no way an attention seeker, he would spend twelve hours a day listening to confessions, how on earth would he have time to play with magicians and learn magic, or try and gain attention, it doesn't add up.
09-03-2016, 08:18 AM
(09-03-2016 08:15 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  You do not know what I believe, you do not even know what religion I am or if I even am part of one. He was not a circus show stunt man, he was a very humble man, seeked nothing for himself, he was not a magician not interested in magic anyway. he was in no way an attention seeker, he would spend twelve hours a day listening to confessions, how on earth would he have time to play with magicians and learn magic, or try and gain attention, it doesn't add up.

Are you saying you are not a Christian? Did I convert you to the magnificent glory of Shiva?

He really does better miracles than Pio.

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-03-2016, 08:32 AM
(09-03-2016 08:15 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  You do not know what I believe, you do not even know what religion I am or if I even am part of one. He was not a circus show stunt man, he was a very humble man, seeked nothing for himself, he was not a magician not interested in magic anyway. he was in no way an attention seeker, he would spend twelve hours a day listening to confessions, how on earth would he have time to play with magicians and learn magic, or try and gain attention, it doesn't add up.

So... why should we care about this dead guy again?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-03-2016, 08:51 AM
(09-03-2016 07:57 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  The independent has relied on lies in this article, is based on total lies, to have such hatred for Pio to slam such lies is just baseless and cruel.

Hatred doesn't enter into it; don't think for a second that you understand my motives. It is possible that Pio was deceiving himself and/or suffered from some medical condition that caused the symptoms. It is possible that he was a deliberate fraud. It is possible that others have exaggerated the claims. It is possible that it is some combination of those and other things. The least likely possibility by far is that he performed miracles -- we have solid evidence of fraud, self-deception, etc in many others and have exactly zero evidence supporting miracle being the best answer.

Quote:The pharmacist was paid lots of money to lie, go right into the facts. He did cure people, he cured a blind girl, he cured many people. Look into historical evidence, people were given lots and lots of money to make up the most vile lies about this man who never harmed anybody and only ever did good.

I did read a great deal about him many years ago. All of the evidence was anecdotal and the "experts" supporting the claims were unqualified, biased, or both. There was nothing that added up to a reason to accept that anything unusual was going on.

Quote: I cannot believe the vile cruelty and evil thinking of people to be so condemning of a most kind man just to prove "hey I'm atheist so I'll tell every lie about a human being possible". If you think he is fake fine, but don't slander this man who had a heart of gold, just for your self-centred pride of being an atheist.

Wow. We ask for evidence and you have a hissy fit because we don't accept baseless claims.

Quote: You lot are the same people who would put to jail and condemn an innocent man,

What the hell are you talking about? What innocent man is being jailed?

Quote: shame on you all for your lying condemning cruel evil intentions. DISGUSTING'

There are no evil intentions and no lying going on here. We are asking for good evidence supporting your claims that Pio actually healed people and performed miracles. If you have any please link to it. I've searched before and found nothing of substance so I do not believe that the claims are legitimate. There is nothing personal involved in that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
09-03-2016, 08:54 AM
(09-03-2016 08:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
Quote: You lot are the same people who would put to jail and condemn an innocent man,

What the hell are you talking about? What innocent man is being jailed?

Well, y'know, Jesus. Before your time. Back when I was a young demon though Yes Finest achievement of Lucifer to date. Bowing

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-03-2016, 09:11 AM
I would also like to point out that even if god himself came down in plain view with the world's news agency there documenting this stigmata. I would tell god himself- cut out your cheap circus show stunts and actually do something useful.

Hunger statistics, 3 million children die each year.

In 2012, an estimated 8.2 million people died from cancer worldwide.

The human cost of natural disasters 2015: a global perspective.

The 10 Deadliest Wars in Human History

So, while this god futzes around with a priest's palms, this is happening.Facepalm

I'm sure God would then respond- Wait until you see your toast tomorrow morning!

[Image: jesus_toast.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-03-2016, 06:21 PM
(09-03-2016 07:46 AM)horsecrazygal4110 Wrote:  Padre Pio did have medical proof. Lets get facts straight, McGill University paid out $75000 to say Padre Pio was a fraud. The Acid story is a totally ridiculous claim, was proved baseless since 1919. The ONLY liquid ever found to be used by him was iodine for his bleeding wounds. If you look through the historical evidence properly 3 Dr.s said it was no way fake. One of the Dr's Bignami who was an athiest and could find nothing to say it was fake. The papers of the day were getting paid lots to call Pio a liar and fake. Before saying there is no evidence do some University peer reviewed research into the man instead of relying on the media. The media has and always will tell lies. I do not believe any media as they are all after big money and do not care who they hurt in the process. At least if you are going to slam Padre Pio, do it with proper factual evidence. He was not a magician that is ludicrous lies or whatever anyone else thinks. The newspapers of the time lied, the pharmicist lied; if you look to that part of history there was lots of hatred towards the Catholic Church, you have to look at the history and way of life at the time.Anyway people believe what they want to believe, but I refuse to let this man be called a fake, and those who call him fake must just be happy to see the worst in people instead of seeing the good in people.

What a crock. Do you ever fact-check?
09-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Horsecrazy probably won't read your link so I'll pull out a quote.

Here ya go Horse.

Granted unprecedented access to the Vatican archives, Luzzatto unearthed a letter from Padre Pio himself in which the monk asks for a secret delivery of carbolic acid — a discovery which helps explain why two successive popes regarded Padre Pio as a fraud, until pressure from Pio-worshipping pilgrims forced the Vatican to change its views.

Pio was a Poe.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post