Pagan, saying hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Pagan, saying hello
Hi everyone. Just discovered the podcast, and thought I'd pay a visit to this site. I hope a pagan like myself will be welcome here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: Pagan, saying hello
Hello! Smile
05-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Hiya!

All theists are welcome, everyone here enjoys debate and gaining perspective. Smile

Hope you enjoy it here!
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
05-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Welcome to TTA Shy

05-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Welcome!
05-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. As long as you don't use it for preaching we'd be happy to have you. You might enjoy the recently fomented War on Easter™.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
05-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Hello

What's a "pagan" ?

When we were in grade school, they used to have us give pennies and nickles so the "pegen babies" could get baptized. I always wondered what a "pegen baby" was.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Hello! Big Grin
05-04-2017, 09:56 PM
(05-04-2017 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hello

What's a "pagan" ?

When we were in grade school, they used to have us give pennies and nickles so the "pegen babies" could get baptized. I always wondered what a "pegen baby" was.
Tongue

It's difficult to answer "What's a pagan" with anything less than a few paragraphs, but for now I'll simply say that any religion/spiritual path that existed before Christianity took over is generally considered pagan. Greek gods, Norse gods, Egyptian gods, witchcraft, voodoo, Native American practices, all of these can be called pagan.

Possibly, anybody who hasn't been baptized might even be considered pagan. According to some Christians, anybody who was not "enlightened" by Christianity was pagan.

My personal path is Norse.
05-04-2017, 10:00 PM
(05-04-2017 09:56 PM)captainphilbo Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hello

What's a "pagan" ?

Tongue

It's difficult to answer "What's a pagan" with anything less than a few paragraphs, but for now I'll simply say that any religion/spiritual path that existed before Christianity took over is generally considered pagan. Greek gods, Norse gods, Egyptian gods, witchcraft, voodoo, Native American practices, all of these can be called pagan.

Possibly, anybody who hasn't been baptized might even be considered pagan. According to some Christians, anybody who was not "enlightened" by Christianity was pagan.

My personal path is Norse.

Tkx.
You know (??) the term "pagan" is out of favor these days in academia.
It assumes one deity is better than another.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.