Page from a Xtian textbook-Dog help us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Page from a Xtian textbook-Dog help us
This is the sort of thing that homescooled kids are "learning".

*facepalm*

[Image: 4hfC6.jpg]

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 11:24 PM
RE: Page from a Xtian textbook-Dog help us
1. Electricity is a mystery. Total lie, I understand it, and I am not an electrician.
2. No one has ever felt it. Total lie. I have had a number of shocks and I have feel static build up on my body, and had the static hair-do that it causes.
3. We cannot say where electricity comes from. Total lie.
4. Electricity seems to be everywhere. Total lie.

It is so easy to see some of the lies of religious propaganda that it makes you wonder how come there aren't many more atheists.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
23-01-2011, 11:28 PM
O', my face! Damn you, I might have to take surgery again.
I think it was Ashley who posted this a couple of months ago.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
24-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Does anybody know the book's title?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2011, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2011 06:51 PM by Unbeliever.)
(24-01-2011 06:07 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Does anybody know the book's title?

The book in question is Science 4: Students' Text, Second Edition from Bob Jones University Press.

You can see BJU's response to the well-deserved mockery their "science" textbook has earned here. The next edition of the book is still being sold to home-schooling parents.

EDIT: Some other choice quotes from the book:

Chapter one, page one, paragraphs one and two Wrote:Science can be defined as "information gained by using our senses."...
When the moon came into being, were there any people there to get facts through their senses? Then do all our ideas about the moon came from rest on science or faith? What anyone believes about the beginning of things rests on faith, not science. Hebrews 11:3 says that "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God."

Chapter one, page two, paragraphs one and two Wrote:Theories on the Moon's Origin
People who accept the Bible believe that God made everything. They call God's description of how things began the Creation Model. Those who disregard the Bible believe instead that everything got here by itself. They call this description of things the Evolution Model. Evolutionists try to guess what events caused things like the moon. Following are three guesses by evolutionists about how the moon began.

The Break-Away Theory
Some scientists believe that the earth was once like a rolling, boiling ball of lava such as volcanoes spit out. As the sun's gravity pulled on the earth, a large lump of soft rock formed on one side of it. Because the earth was spinning fast, this lump broke away and shattered into tiny pieces. Then the pieces pulled back together to make the moon. The "hole" left in the earth, they say, became the Pacific Ocean.

And it goes on like this. Seriously, I feel sorry for the kids who have to read this. Not only is it a straw man, it's a stupid straw man. And they don't list the actual prevailing theory about the moon's origin.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-01-2011, 06:43 PM
(24-01-2011 06:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-01-2011 06:07 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Does anybody know the book's title?

The book in question is Science 4: Students' Text, Second Edition from Bob Jones University Press.

You can see BJU's response to the well-deserved mockery their "science" textbook has earned here. The next edition of the book is still being sold to home-schooling parents.

Saw some of the sample pages of it's biology books. Their focus is that evolution is still questionable and there is less support. Angry

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
24-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Edited in some more quotes from the science text.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Scary stuff. I'm sure some of you have seen "Jesus Camp", right? (if not you should) There was some creepy homeschooling going on there. Pure willful, ignorant brainwashing.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
24-01-2011, 11:16 PM
And people, don't think even for a moment this is limited to homeschooling and explicitly christian institutions of education. This stuff gets thrown in and is assumed and pushed even in "normal" schools, colleges and universities, at least here in the the more desolate parts of Texas.
25-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Oh dear... I pity the children who are brainwashed with this vomitous pile of garbage. I went to a religious school from 1st to 9th grade and this is not so diferent from the books I was forced to read during those years. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera