Page from a Xtian textbook-Dog help us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2011, 06:40 AM

RE: Page from a Xtian textbook-Dog help us
Thomas Edison harnessed the power of MYSTERY to power the lightbulb. He simply prayed to God and it lit up! Really he had no idea what he was doing!

While I'm sure there has GOT to be some better form of homeschooling in Canada (I WOULD HOPE!) that makes me angry to see such bullshit as that.
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Christians don't have a monopoly on this - Muslims in some cases offer just as much "education" to their children.And even some jewish communities isolate themselves from anything that doesn't fit the Old Testament.
I think Dawkins did a documentary on the subject , but I don't remember the name , I think it was "The enemies of reason" but I can't be sure - will the English on the forum please stand up and correct me , I'm sure the documentary aired on BBC.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I guess I was extremely lucky - I went to a private Christian school for 5 years, but I never saw anything like this.

On the other hand, evolution was never mentioned by name, and the only time it ever came up was during our study of DNA. To quote my Biology teacher - "and people want to tell me that all of this just came together and works by accident? That's crazy!" I often think back now and wonder just what the credentials of some of my teachers actually were.

Regardless, I never remember much of anything being answered with "it's just a mystery and nobody knows." Except maybe for Bible class questions.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
25-01-2011, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2011 08:37 PM by Kar98.)
See, this is exactly the kind of bullshit I'm talking about:

http://www.kilgore.edu/contentdetail.asp?ContentID=2097

Googled his name.

"Tea Party Groups, GOP organizations, collegiate institutions, and faith-based groups alike secure the services of KCarl for his stimulating and enrapturing LIFE-EMPOWERING message."

[Image: ir1bag.jpg]
26-01-2011, 09:40 PM
*facepalms* And we wonder why less than half the people in the USA accept that evolution is real and the basis for most (if not all) Biological science. -.- I remember sitting in a science class in high school where the teacher spent more time telling us that he was a "good bible believing christian and thus did not believe in evolution (which he pronounced "evil-lution") but I'm required by law to teach it" than actually explaining it. Luckily I was already quite familiar with it so I just ignored him and tried not to stand up and call him an idiot because my mother didn't like it when I corrected adults. Even when I was right.

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot, is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave." ~Sir William Drummond