Page from a home schooling "textbook"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Page from a home schooling "textbook"
Here's something I think we'll all enjoy. Big Grin

[Image: idpage2.gif]
[Image: idpage1.gif]

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: Page from a home schooling "textbook"
You're making that up? Please reply with "yes... I am, because the world can't be this fucking brain damaged" so I can sleep tonight.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 01:58 PM
(26-01-2012 01:53 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You're making that up? Please reply with "yes... I am, because the world can't be this fucking brain damaged" so I can sleep tonight.

I can't see the pics, but I'm assuming it's something to do with Intelligent Design.

Look, just to put your mind at ease, I'll tell you this. My brother is a minister. He home schooled for awhile, and he correctly taught his children about evolution. Evolutionary Creationism, but evolution nonetheless.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 02:07 PM
You know what's sad? My ladies parents did homeschooling with their youngest. She has never heard of evolution. I should say "had" because I filled her in. I also had to fully explain it to my lady, as she had only a passing glimpse of it. She had to take a letter to school with her telling her teachers she wasn't allowed to learn it.
I have such a hard time believing that there are people who actually go around telling themselves it isn't true. Most of these people aren't even aware of how it works. The whole if we came from monkeys thing.
IT'S SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA, IT IS WITNESSED IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER EVERY FUCKING DAY!!!!
How do people shut their eyes to shit like this? Moreover, how do parents do this to their kids? They are the most important things on the planet other than adorable kittens. Some people should be ashamed.
Also I can accept creation evolution. It's passable because it doesn't refute the facts, only adds some magic to them at the beginning. I still won't teach my kid about it unless she asks, but it's better than the sheer ridiculousness that is creationism.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
26-01-2012, 03:13 PM
(26-01-2012 02:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  ... The whole if we came from monkeys thing.
IT'S SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA, IT IS WITNESSED IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER EVERY FUCKING DAY!!!!
How do people shut their eyes to shit like this? Moreover, how do parents do this to their kids? They are the most important things on the planet other than adorable kittens. Some people should be ashamed.

Fear and disgust. That's the reason they have to close their minds to the evidence.
Fear that we are only animals, disgust that we are cousins of all the other animals (especially apes).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Can't see pics.

[Image: feels-bad-man_230.jpg]

Can't see that one either.

[Image: feels-bad-man_230.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Anytime I'm reading a text book that ends a sentence with, You know? not in a quote, I am sure it is time to burn that garbage.

This makes me terrified of this idea I heard that Apple is trying to allow textbooks to be individually created and sold to be used in classrooms via IPADS... think of the horror that will be unleashed in the name of educational material.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-01-2012, 07:48 PM
This has always been available it's not that expensive to print out a paperback book and use it as study material. Bad teaching materials have existed longer than the English language.

I can't understand why you would teach anyone evolutionary creationism. Just teach them evolution and let them decide if it means anything in consideration with god. You don't have to put them together from the start, plenty of people are perfectly capable of not needing everything to line up. Evolutionary creationism is a loophole fill-in so that feelings don't get hurt. If they need it they'll find it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
27-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Do you know what I pray for all the Creationists? That they have a kid like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI

Bless them my son, like Dio has blessed you.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-01-2012, 01:43 PM
This has got to be a joke?! I'm about to post it on my facebook as one either way. haha

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang