Page from a home schooling "textbook"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: Page from a home schooling "textbook"
What concerns me (aside from teaching ID period) is that the bottom of the page basically says, "learm about ID because it's easier than learning science."

Is that even teaching???

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
27-01-2012, 02:24 PM
(27-01-2012 02:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What concerns me (aside from teaching ID period) is that the bottom of the page basically says, "learm about ID because it's easier than learning science."

Is that even teaching???

At the very least, it's true. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 02:26 PM
(27-01-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 02:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What concerns me (aside from teaching ID period) is that the bottom of the page basically says, "learm about ID because it's easier than learning science."

Is that even teaching???

At the very least, it's true. Dodgy

I suppose ya got me there. At least there is a small amount of truth on that page.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
27-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Is that even teaching???

That is why I thought it was a joke!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
27-01-2012, 05:21 PM
what concerns me most about this, if this is really a textbook, is that there is really nothing said.
It says all you need to study is this page. But on that page there is nothing said. Not even about creationism though it implies that God made everything (=creationism) and that this is the only truth/thing worth studying. The only thing that it really says it, read this page rather than study many things in real science.... wtf? That's raising lazy kids, I mean lazy thinkers. Rather study less than something interesting with real backround.
o.O I can't stop wtf-ing

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
27-01-2012, 05:41 PM
This can't be anything other than satirical. There's no way that this is from a legit text book, absolutely no way.
27-01-2012, 05:46 PM
The new way to bust through school, stupid is easier than ever! I am really surprised. I have a friend of mine who was home schooled to keep him out of the "sinful public schooling system" (his parents are ridiculously extremist on many things since I've known them). Any time it comes to confrontation with him he just finds any way to not talk about it. Any time you'd talk to him about physics, math, science of any sort he would just find a generalization, quote the good book and HA! SO THERE!

He never really came across to me as stupid. He's a nice guy. His ability to speak to people is good, his ability to read and write is good. He's very well mannered. But when you get him down to the sciences, it amazed me how uneducated he was. And he had creation books left and right. He seems to think that dabbling in science is evil.... unless it's for creation! But watching him interact with people is like he just does not get it. He loves to preach to people in public, never understands why people aren't offended and is even more surprised no one buys into the stuff he thinks is pure common sense.
27-01-2012, 07:31 PM
That's a pretty bad textbook, but it doesn't surprise me. My parents would swallow that story whole...

Better without God, and happier too.
31-01-2012, 06:37 AM
I need to have this textbook! It is perfect!

I've been looking for a good doorstop and this wonderful book is just the thing I need.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
31-01-2012, 07:17 AM
(27-01-2012 05:41 PM)kineo Wrote:  This can't be anything other than satirical. There's no way that this is from a legit text book, absolutely no way.

legit? it is supposed to be a christian textbook, do you think they would tell any truth or proper science?
I can imagine this being a real textbook for homeschooling christians, but I do not hope that it is real

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]