Page width

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Page width
G'day,

I'm a chrome user with a single monitor. I tend to read TTA with a youtube video or something else alongside, but if I do this TTA does not word wrap correctly. It only seems to work well when I have the page full screen. My screen resolution is 1440x900, so I'm trying to fit the TTA page including browser into dimensions of approximately 720x900. global.css line 36 contains a .wrapper definition containing the clause min-width: 970px;. If I turn this off in the chrome developer tools the wrapping behaves as I would expect.

A screenshot is attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: Page width
(05-06-2012 06:33 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  G'day,

I'm a chrome user with a single monitor. I tend to read TTA with a youtube video or something else alongside, but if I do this TTA does not word wrap correctly. It only seems to work well when I have the page full screen. My screen resolution is 1440x900, so I'm trying to fit the TTA page including browser into dimensions of approximately 720x900. global.css line 36 contains a .wrapper definition containing the clause min-width: 970px;. If I turn this off in the chrome developer tools the wrapping behaves as I would expect.

A screenshot is attached.

Does anything happen if you do a control/+ or control/- ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I can lower the minimum. I just assumed most people would have 1080p widescreens by now.

I'll get around to it soon. Just working on a few other things at the moment. Also want to install an SSL cert and have encrypted login and signup working.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
08-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Why would you assume we all have 1080p monitors? I use 19'' 4:3 scale LCD. I know of people that still use 17'' CRT monitors (1024x768), and I use 17'', 4:3 scale LCD on my work (1280x1024). My laptop uses 1280x800 (15.4'' wide)...

Gotta know that a lot of people use all sorts of monitors, don't be so quick in limiting them.

I didn't have any issues with the forum size on any of my monitors, but I always use my browser in fullscreen.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-06-2012, 04:27 AM
(08-06-2012 03:47 AM)Filox Wrote:  Why would you assume we all have 1080p monitors?
I think it was a joke...

[Image: opforum1.png]
08-06-2012, 05:17 AM
You think? Deep sound rather serious, this is his serious part of the forum, after all...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-06-2012, 05:36 AM
haha... Of course I don't expect EVERYONE will have a monitor like that... These days an lcd monitor is cheap: 23" 1920x1080 pixels for ~$200. Though by now all people with working computers would have a monitor at 1024x768+ resolution.

The standard forum template will work fine with that resolution. If you don't have at least 1024x768 you account for less than 1% of the population on the internet. Good riddance.

For mobile browsers there is the mobile template which cuts allot of forum features to save space and makes links bigger to suit a touch screen. That will support the limited screen size of mobiles.
(08-06-2012 05:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  You think? Deep sound rather serious, this is his serious part of the forum, after all...

Smile
Who said there was a serious part of the forum? Tongue

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-06-2012, 05:51 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8SrGAo7Br0H5c0-Xk3ti...zy-JtxvGJQ]

-Hunter S. Thompson