Pain management clinics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Pain management clinics
I had my annual physical a few weeks ago. I asked my doctor to renew a prescription for Vicodin which he has prescribed many times to help with my chronic/acute pain. I take the occasional Vicodin when the pain occasionally gets bad enough. Otherwise, I manage with over the counter stuff.

He prescribed Tramadol to see if that would work. Turns out it doesn't do much for my pain, so I asked again for Vicodin because it works.

He referred me to a pain clinic and I saw them yesterday. I didn't really know what to expect, though I feared it would be either pain Nazis or woo merchants. I was sort of half right - they push Reiki, for fuck's sake. Weeping

Anyway, after over an hour of interview where I described my medical history, pain experiences, and medication use, the doctor prescribed Vicodin Facepalm and scheduled another appointment to get me into a long-term pain management program. Why couldn't my doctor have just done this? Dodgy

You may have seen in the news that prescription pain killer abuse is the latest social bogeyman, and there are more restrictions on doctors prescribing narcotics. So what came out in the discussion was that primary care physicians are referring patients to these clinics in droves. The PCPs just don't want the hassle and have passed it on to the pain clinics.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-08-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Pain management clinics
May have to do with new initiatives to combat opiates in Massachusetts.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 10:40 AM
I have ongoing back pain. I just got refered to The Spine Institute, I have an appointment next week because my doctor didn't want to give me any pain pills. I didn't even ask for any. All I did was mention pain and he didn't want anything to do with me.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-08-2015, 10:42 AM
I have seen two pain clinics for my chronic pain. They were useless. First they gave me pain patches that made me sleep for four days plus. Now I have dilaudin and am supposed to take 2 ml every four hours. Doesn't do much.

Good luck Chas.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2015, 10:43 AM
(11-08-2015 10:33 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  May have to do with new initiatives to combat opiates in Massachusetts.

Actually, I meant to ask people whether this is local to Massachusetts or more widespread.

11-08-2015, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 11:26 AM by Chas.)
(11-08-2015 10:40 AM)pablo Wrote:  I have ongoing back pain. I just got refered to The Spine Institute, I have an appointment next week because my doctor didn't want to give me any pain pills. I didn't even ask for any. All I did was mention pain and he didn't want anything to do with me.

Yeah, in retrospect it seemed that my doctor didn't want to deal with it anymore.

11-08-2015, 10:45 AM
(11-08-2015 10:40 AM)pablo Wrote:  I have ongoing back pain. I just got refered to The Spine Institute, I have an appointment next week because my doctor didn't want to give me any pain pills. I didn't even ask for any. All I did was mention pain and he didn't want anything to do with me.

This is common. It was not until I lived in hospital that they finally noticed. Most GPs worry you're a junkie and wont give anything.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2015, 10:47 AM
(11-08-2015 10:42 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have seen two pain clinics for my chronic pain. They were useless. First they gave me pain patches that made me sleep for four days plus. Now I have dilaudin and am supposed to take 2 ml every four hours. Doesn't do much.

Good luck Chas.

Thanks - and you, too. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-08-2015, 10:56 AM
(11-08-2015 10:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  He referred me to a pain clinic and I saw them yesterday. I didn't really know what to expect, though I feared it would be either pain Nazis or woo merchants. I was sort of half right - they push Reiki, for fuck's sake. Weeping

There's an old church next door to me (3/4 mile) that got bought by a group of "psychics" --- and the "leader" of this happy little band of lunatics has been busted several times for prostitution. (although who'd bang that, is beyond me -- she's dog-ass ugly)...

They have a sign out front advertizing "Reiki Massage"....

I always assumed that to be a Japanese word meaning "happy ending"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Could weed help you or is that not strong enough?

**Crickets** -- God