Pain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: Pain
(19-07-2017 03:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I highly recommend you play this game all the way to the end.

http://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness

It's not my game, but when I found it and played it I kinda started crying a shit ton before completing it, I wasn't even sure why. And I'm not the kind of person that ever cries.

I'll try to check that out. I also recommend Depression Quest. You can find it on Steam. It's Free to Play. It's very good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
19-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear you are so ill, man.

Reading how much you would like to have a job, I wonder if a call center job would be something for you. If you cannot walk there, you can probably use a wheel chair just fine. And you won't have to move your body much either. The only thing, as much as you want human contact right now, being on the phone all day might actually be more exhausting.
If not, is there anything you are good at? for example you know another language or you are great at creating graphics. You could work from home via those online platforms like uplink.

I understand your summary of life very well. I have felt that way for the majority of my life. Sometimes you have ups though and they are worth hanging in there.

Offering my ear (if you want to skype) or my eye (if you wanna write). Just pm me if you want.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
19-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Hang in there Jesse. My thoughts are with you mate. Smile

[Image: bd9e314e72640642cf7765ef4fdfd29b--sorry-...-there.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
19-07-2017, 04:59 PM
I feel for ya...I spent most of my life working with my hands and I enjoyed it.
I liked taking a car that was smashed up or didn't run and figuring out what was wrong with it and fixing it.

Just a half hour ago I could barely stand long enough to wash the dishes before I had to sit.

I hope you can find something that satisfies the urge you have to get up and out.
Hug
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
19-07-2017, 05:02 PM
(19-07-2017 03:25 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Sorry to hear you are so ill, man.

Reading how much you would like to have a job, I wonder if a call center job would be something for you. If you cannot walk there, you can probably use a wheel chair just fine. And you won't have to move your body much either. The only thing, as much as you want human contact right now, being on the phone all day might actually be more exhausting.
If not, is there anything you are good at? for example you know another language or you are great at creating graphics. You could work from home via those online platforms like uplink.

I understand your summary of life very well. I have felt that way for the majority of my life. Sometimes you have ups though and they are worth hanging in there.

Offering my ear (if you want to skype) or my eye (if you wanna write). Just pm me if you want.

Well my last real job was Tier 3 Technical Support Business Class Services (whoah what a mouthful) for Time Warner Cable. I actually kinda liked that job but wanted to move up in my career, my mom offered to help me get my B.S. If I moved back to California which is how I ended up in my current situation.

I was good at working in a call center. I wouldn't mind doing it again. I just wish I could reach as high as I think I should be able to is all. I think phone tech support is.... wasting my talents and ability. If only college didn't cost near 100k dollars (and be as intensive as 2 full time jobs) I mean really if you wanna study a hard science you should be living at home with your parents support, unless you really like the masochism of juggling work and an intensive field of study. But then I worked really hard in college, up till near the end I had a 4.0 GPA so maybe if I aimed a bit lower I could juggle the two idk. I'm gonna try once I get a job though.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
19-07-2017, 05:06 PM
(19-07-2017 04:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  I feel for ya...I spent most of my life working with my hands and I enjoyed it.
I liked taking a car that was smashed up or didn't run and figuring out what was wrong with it and fixing it.

Just a half hour ago I could barely stand long enough to wash the dishes before I had to sit.

I hope you can find something that satisfies the urge you have to get up and out.
Hug

Dishes are the absolute worst ever! FUCK! Like I can get to cleaning, once I start moving it's easier to keep moving for a while. But standing in one fucking place like that? Oh that's hell.

Thankfully I got this dishwasher that plugs into the front of my sink now, I highly recomend it

[Image: PROD-30474_DesktopHero.jpg]

Mine is all white though, the additional space to cook on is helpful too... If you don't have this I highly recommend it. My little brother brought it to me a few months ago and I've been in love with it ever since.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
19-07-2017, 05:10 PM
I’m sorry to hear about your pain.

My own experience with back pains stems from herniated discs. After the doc telling me he wanted to operate with no guarantee of success and a 10% chance of making it worse (including death) I started to look for alternatives.

I found this chair that I swear by. It isn’t cheap but it alleviates all pain when I sit in it and allows me to get on with my life. When I finish doing an activity that aggravates the discs I go sit in it for a while and I feel great relief.

Maybe a doctor can write a script so your insurance covers it?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-07-2017, 05:18 PM
(19-07-2017 05:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m sorry to hear about your pain.

My own experience with back pains stems from herniated discs. After the doc telling me he wanted to operate with no guarantee of success and a 10% chance of making it worse (including death) I started to look for alternatives.

I found this chair that I swear by. It isn’t cheap but it alleviates all pain when I sit in it and allows me to get on with my life. When I finish doing an activity that aggravates the discs I go sit in it for a while and I feel great relief.

Maybe a doctor can write a script so your insurance covers it?

Poor people don't deserve nice things like that. I'm sure a new chair and some special diabetes type shoes could help ya. I mean a bed that's not completely worn out would also help for that matter. But.... fuck the poor. Or so I'm told.

Thank you Smile All I really need is to keep working towards a real job till something comes along. I'm in the process of applying to teach at Porterville College, or work in their IT department (waiting on transcripts to finish the application process) and I applied as a repair tech through a staffing agency. If it pays well enough I can justify the long ass commute, and in a few months move closer to work. Then I can save up for my own chair n shoes n bed and laptop for that matter lol. I'd like to be able to earn my own shit anyway. I'm far more used to that.

You do give me a good idea though, I should ask if my Dr can write a script so I can make sure to have a nice office chair at work (if/when I do get a job)

Edit^ when I do get a job I need to find a way to pay someone to help me clean house. I don't think I could handle both a job and housecleaning, hell even without a job I barely manage to clean my house. That shit is hard.

Big Grin
19-07-2017, 05:21 PM
(19-07-2017 05:06 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 04:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  I feel for ya...I spent most of my life working with my hands and I enjoyed it.

Hug

Dishes are the absolute worst ever! FUCK! Like I can get to cleaning, once I start moving it's easier to keep moving for a while. But standing in one fucking place like that? Oh that's hell.

Thankfully I got this dishwasher that plugs into the front of my sink now, I highly recomend it

Mine is all white though, the additional space to cook on is helpful too... If you don't have this I highly recommend it. My little brother brought it to me a few months ago and I've been in love with it ever since.

That would be nice, but our kitchen is tiny and it already has an island that we need to store pots and pans in. Sometimes I just lean on the counter with my elbows when I'm rinsing when it gets too painful.
19-07-2017, 05:22 PM
(19-07-2017 05:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 05:06 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Dishes are the absolute worst ever! FUCK! Like I can get to cleaning, once I start moving it's easier to keep moving for a while. But standing in one fucking place like that? Oh that's hell.

That would be nice, but our kitchen is tiny and it already has an island that we need to store pots and pans in. Sometimes I just lean on the counter with my elbows when I'm rinsing when it gets too painful.

Hug

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post