Pain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Pain
You would think that after 7+ years I would be past the pain of mastectomies and reconstruction, but I'm not. They don't tell you it could be an issue and I didn't even find stuff online about lingering pain until a couple years ago.

Thanks to the new rules and restrictions regarding pain meds that would work I just tough through it most days. Some days I just have to give in to it and realize it's gonna be a sore day. I take a shit ton of BC powder though at this point.

Worse is when the nerve damage in my shoulders flairs up...that just sucks. The only thing that will stop the pain will also knock me out and make me groggy the next day. I have a simple TENS machine that I use when it's really bad. It either helps by distracting me or it really works...I'm not sure which. It cost me around 50 bucks and I have had it for a few years now. It's nice that it's so portable and can even be plugged into a USB port...I have used it at work before.

The constant, varying degree of pain is just something I have learned I have to live with. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-07-2017, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 06:25 PM by Cosmo.)
I find that loneliness is crippling to almost anybody, and that it takes a great deal of effort to realize that the people responding to you online are just as real as the people responding to you face to face.

I'm here bro.

I apologetically reject your notion that all people inherently have the negative characteristics you stated. You want love from people, and people have the capacity to give it. Relationally, from my own experience, most people act out from some combination of self-preservation, while trying to reach out for love. There is a fickle balance between the two. And it only makes sense. Opening yourself up to true love also opens you up to being deeply hurt. The two are part and parcel. So we must ask ourselves if it is worth it.

I'm curious. Have you asked yourself what a self-actualized version of yourself looks like?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
19-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Duplication

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
19-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Also. You're a good, smart guy. You have so much going for you just because you have those two obvious attributes. So keep it real bub, and DM me if you're feeling alone. You don't need to feel like that.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
19-07-2017, 07:17 PM
(19-07-2017 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You would think that after 7+ years I would be past the pain of mastectomies and reconstruction, but I'm not. They don't tell you it could be an issue and I didn't even find stuff online about lingering pain until a couple years ago.

Thanks to the new rules and restrictions regarding pain meds that would work I just tough through it most days. Some days I just have to give in to it and realize it's gonna be a sore day. I take a shit ton of BC powder though at this point.

Worse is when the nerve damage in my shoulders flairs up...that just sucks. The only thing that will stop the pain will also knock me out and make me groggy the next day. I have a simple TENS machine that I use when it's really bad. It either helps by distracting me or it really works...I'm not sure which. It cost me around 50 bucks and I have had it for a few years now. It's nice that it's so portable and can even be plugged into a USB port...I have used it at work before.

The constant, varying degree of pain is just something I have learned I have to live with. Undecided

Learning to live with it historically is all we've ever really been able to do. Hug I hope one day we find real ways to heal our bodies and not just treat the symptoms. Cause I don't think you deserve to have to learn to live with pain.... Just my personal opinion

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
19-07-2017, 07:26 PM
(19-07-2017 06:18 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I find that loneliness is crippling to almost anybody, and that it takes a great deal of effort to realize that the people responding to you online are just as real as the people responding to you face to face.

I'm here bro.

I apologetically reject your notion that all people inherently have the negative characteristics you stated. You want love from people, and people have the capacity to give it. Relationally, from my own experience, most people act out from some combination of self-preservation, while trying to reach out for love. There is a fickle balance between the two. And it only makes sense. Opening yourself up to true love also opens you up to being deeply hurt. The two are part and parcel. So we must ask ourselves if it is worth it.

I'm curious. Have you asked yourself what a self-actualized version of yourself looks like?

I've asked myself that question many times. I think part of the problem historically is I don't know what the answer to that question is. I mean I don't really have such grandiose dreams for my life, just simple ones. Like studying, building, learning, without restrictions and roadblocks placed on me from life. Unfortunately money isn't a motivation for me at all. I study things because I want to, because I enjoy solving puzzles. I find money to be more of an annoyance than anything else. So that's another big problem for me to be successful. The most money can be is a means to an end, and that's just not enough for me to care about it too much. And if I have to suck all my time and life into a job in order to achieve the financial requirements of my goals, well then I will lack the time to actualize those goals. The lesson? Be born rich.

However.... that's a pretty unrealistic desire for one's life. We all have to play the role of slaves in this world ya? Otherwise how would Mr Bill Gates afford his mansions.

Sometimes I get discouraged and distracted (either by emotions or life), and then I don't engage in the things that make me really happy (like studying and reading). I want social interactions yet, those more often than not create emotional disturbances which are more of a distraction to things that make me happy. So at times I think a truly self actualized self would be me sealed up in a box with computers and tech and tools, someone to walk into my box a few times a day and give me a hug and talk with me, that doesn't start telling me I'm annoying or too literal, or too distant, or too talkative (or not talkative enough)..... cough. Good healthy food and a good bed to sleep in. I'd just build things, make things, experiment, take things apart and get them to do crazy shit just cause I can and I'd be happy. Like a kid playing with legos..... Maybe in the end deep down inside I just never grew up. Who know's

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
19-07-2017, 07:27 PM
(19-07-2017 04:50 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Hang in there Jesse. My thoughts are with you mate. Smile

[Image: bd9e314e72640642cf7765ef4fdfd29b--sorry-...-there.jpg]

Ditto. (See my signature.)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
19-07-2017, 08:10 PM
gentle hugs man.
19-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Hug
20-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Well my heart goes out to you man. I'm wishing you all the best. For what it's worth, You're not annoying, and you're just the right amount of talkative. Smile

Keep talking. You have valuable things to say.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post