Paladin chat (split from fave pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2015, 02:12 AM
Paladin chat (split from fave pics)
[Image: Reasons_3119be_2266534.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Szuchow's post
26-06-2015, 02:18 AM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
Hrm... you'd think with such high Charisma scores...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2015, 02:35 AM
(26-06-2015 02:18 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hrm... you'd think with such high Charisma scores...

In WoW there is no Charisma scores I think.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Really? I've never played WoW... I avoid all MMORPGs like the plague, ever since I lost a whole generation of friends to the original EverCrack. I was aware you meant WoW because of "level 80", of course.

Hard to believe there exists such a thing as Paladins without CHA! Ugly Paldins? Dark days, my friend, dark days.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-06-2015, 02:57 AM
[Image: YOvpKiQ.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Gilgamesh's post
26-06-2015, 03:01 AM
(26-06-2015 02:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Really? I've never played WoW... I avoid all MMORPGs like the plague, ever since I lost a whole generation of friends to the original EverCrack. I was aware you meant WoW because of "level 80", of course.

I also never played it, though quick Google search told me so.

(26-06-2015 02:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hard to believe there exists such a thing as Paladins without CHA! Ugly Paldins? Dark days, my friend, dark days.

I was never into Paladins, but I've seen weak clerics which in D&D 3.5 is quite a feat so maybe uncharismatic Paladins also happens.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-06-2015, 11:09 AM
(26-06-2015 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I was never into Paladins, but I've seen weak clerics which in D&D 3.5 is quite a feat so maybe uncharismatic Paladins also happens.
Clerics with low CHA? Psssh, who needs CHA when you can crank up your STR and a bit o' WIS.... battle clerics my friend, battle clerics. Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
26-06-2015, 11:14 AM
(26-06-2015 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I was never into Paladins, but I've seen weak clerics which in D&D 3.5 is quite a feat so maybe uncharismatic Paladins also happens.

I played 3.5 ed D&D throughout my time in prison... I literally was playing a Cleric the day I learned I had been exonerated, and would be out-processed. I played illegally, as the prison administrators are fundamentalist Christians, almost to a man, and it's prohibited in nearly every state. The legal reasoning for this is hilarious, since they claim it's for "security of the facility" by claiming D&D play resembles "security threat group" (gang) activity, and is therefore prohibited. They can't go into a court and say "my fundamentalist church says D&D is bad, so I'm going to abuse my power as an administrator", so they come up with the STG argument. And courts buy it! After all, they're "Security Experts", and the courts don't want to intervene in their expertise. Yes, that's actually what they say in their official findings.

Paladins, on the other hand, I found pathetic in 3.5, despite their Saving Throw bonuses, and were only viable as part of a multiclass setup, which is hard to do since 3.5 says you can't advance as a Pal once you've taken any other class. I now play with a Pathfinder group (3.5 slightly "reconditioned" for those who don't like 4th or 5th eds), and have discovered that they tried so hard to make the Paladin class worthwhile that many groups ban the class's use for being massively overpowered. I am very glad of my Pathfinder group, though, as it's been a nice way to make a "smooth" transition from a social activity that helped keep me sane in my decade of wrongful imprisonment (with other open-minded rebels of the imagination in there) to a social activity here on the street with "normal" people. Well, as normal as us nerds get, anyway. Cool

26-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah, that reminds me: that sh*t you see in the news, about camera-filled courtroom hearings, where the judge declares "You are a free man!" and everyone cheers as the guy is let go... yeah, that only happens in high-profile cases, where they need to actively show the public How Fair The System Is.

The reality is, most are won after years of delays, counter-suits, evidenciary hearings, appeals, bounces back to lower courts for re-hearings, etc. Finally, you get a letter in the mail from your appellate defender (like a public defender for the appeals process) saying, "Congratulations, turns out you were never guilty!" and appending a copy of the Court of Appeals, or in my case the state Supreme Court, opinion to that effect. No fanfare, just "oops" and out-you-go. I was playing when the guard came to tell me I had legal mail waiting in the cell-house manager's (called Unit Team) office. And even then, it took weeks to get me out, because the Supreme Court cannot reverse your case directly-- they just order the lower court to do it, and that can draaaag if they are unobserved and reluctant.

26-06-2015, 12:05 PM
And you can't even sue them for the years of your life they've wrongfully taken from you?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?