Palestine and statehood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Palestine and statehood
(03-12-2012 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  Shiranl really is stupid.

She accuses me of being anti-semite when I am against a european grown and supported organization known as Zionism going into semite territory and ruling over them like douchebags.

Any evidence that this Shiranl racist bitch isn't just another european descendent white bitch that loves to spew the same bullshit that pro-colonialists did about 100 years ago.

This bitch isn't just a stupid european descendent white girl, this bitch is old school white girl. Shiranl is going to party like it's 1900

Let's do this without the invective, shall we. Consider
i will try.

The funny thing is that people like Shiranl and Israelis in general have european physical features, they are not native to the region at all any more than south african whites are native to south africa or white Australians are native to Australia. The ONLY evidence that Shiranl has of her people being a separate race or people are from the religious books. Which begs the question, why in the hell is someone referencing ideas from a religious book on an atheist forum and this aspect of her argument is yet to be explored?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
(03-12-2012 02:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Let's do this without the invective, shall we. Consider
i will try.

The funny thing is that people like Shiranl and Israelis in general have european physical features, they are not native to the region at all any more than south african whites are native to south africa or white Australians are native to Australia. The ONLY evidence that Shiranl has of her people being a separate race or people are from the religious books. Which begs the question, why in the hell is someone referencing ideas from a religious book on an atheist forum and this aspect of her argument is yet to be explored?
I was making leading statements and expecting the Promised Land argument to emerge.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
(03-12-2012 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  i will try.

I was making leading statements and expecting the Promised Land argument to emerge.
The promised land argument is new in zionist history. At the beginning Zionists were open with their colonial beliefs as were other europeans at that time. In the beginning of the Zionist movement Palestine was not the only place that was under consideration for building a jewish state, they also considered Uganda as a possible place to settle. It is only after Palestine was chosen that the whole "this is our land promised to us by god" argument came into the picture.
04-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you shiranl. If I understood it correctly, you do not mind Palestine to be formed in a part of the land they are now, only not really as they want it, but a bit modified. Why I asked this is to see how you breathe and think about the territory the are on now. So, you would make some adjustments (understandable ones) and then let them have their own state. I can get that.

I and I , you are one of the most rude and retarded people I have seen here. You have no respect for anyone, you listen to no opinions and you are a rude son of bitch, with direct and intentional insults to other members. Too bad you call yourself and atheist, you give us a bad name. Now, fuck off.

And it is too bad, because if you knew how to talk, maybe you could get your message through, you do have some interesting ideas and thoughts, but the way you present that and yourself ... well it's just plain stupid.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
04-12-2012, 03:24 AM
(04-12-2012 12:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  Thank you shiranl. If I understood it correctly, you do not mind Palestine to be formed in a part of the land they are now, only not really as they want it, but a bit modified. Why I asked this is to see how you breathe and think about the territory the are on now. So, you would make some adjustments (understandable ones) and then let them have their own state. I can get that.

I and I , you are one of the most rude and retarded people I have seen here. You have no respect for anyone, you listen to no opinions and you are a rude son of bitch, with direct and intentional insults to other members. Too bad you call yourself and atheist, you give us a bad name. Now, fuck off.

And it is too bad, because if you knew how to talk, maybe you could get your message through, you do have some interesting ideas and thoughts, but the way you present that and yourself ... well it's just plain stupid.
I will never respect people or ideas that promote and defend mass oppression, shiranl like many westerners live off the oppression and misery of millions of people and your problem is with me being rude to those people? Maybe people like you are a bigger problem, if there were less people like you that wanted us to respect oppressors people would be more active in ending oppression.

nothing like defending a female online to try to hook up with her though, good luck.

Drinking Beverage
04-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Well this is awkward..
Should I tell him or do you want to Filox?

Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:And I fail to understand how refugees steal land.

sigh.

Look gov', you (Israelis) stole Israel from it's native inhabitants.
To say otherwise is to be ignorant of history.
(again, I am pro-Israel, so hold on to your knickers)

Prior to the end of ww1 there was around 800,000 ARABS (aka, not Jews) living in that area.
Because the British promised that area to the Jews AND Arabs, the Jews moved in.
They were by far the minority (about 10% I believe).
Jews wanted to establish their own individual state, as stated in Zionism, thus war.
After the war Arabs were effectively forced out of THEIR country.

So let me explain what the fuck just happened.

1) Arabs prancing around all happy and shit in their shit hole country
2) Jews move in
3) Jews be all like, "yo Arabs, this is our crib now, piss off"
4) Arabs be all like "yo Jews, wtf dogg, we were here first"
5) Jews were all like "talk to the hand because the face ain't listening"
6) ???
7) Modern day shit storm.

To say that Jews moving and taking over Arab territory because of Hitler (ie: "We had no choice but to flee to Israel") is, IMO, a fucking cop-out.
They fled to Israel because of what happened after WW1 and Zionism.

Arabs have rightful claim to the land. It's that simple.
BUT, I support Israel because I'm a realist.
Like I said in a previous thread, this is how the world works. Countries bicker and fight and territory exchanges hands. Israel is the stronger of the two (because of US backing) and thus prevails.
Like they say, "the victor writes the history books".
Plus, a Jewish nation with power in the middle east is in MY (and the West) best interest and so that is why I support Israel.

But you did steal the land.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-12-2012, 07:36 AM
1. Jews are a race of people

2. This race has a homeland called Israel.

Does anyone have any legitimate argument, facts, science to support any of those to statements?

Those statements seem to be the core of the reasoning in support for Israel and it's inhabitants believing they should be there.

Why do people believe that jewish people are a race of people? Does it fit the current used criteria for defining a race? If you look at Israelis, the physical characteristics are european and they look nothing like people of the middle east.
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
How about you answer my questions, and then I will answer yours?

Or better yet, you just leave the forums like a good little troll.

04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
(04-12-2012 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Arabs have rightful claim to the land. It's that simple.
BUT, I support Israel because I'm a realist.
Like I said in a previous thread, this is how the world works. Countries bicker and fight and territory exchanges hands. Israel is the stronger of the two (because of US backing) and thus prevails.
Like they say, "the victor writes the history books".
Plus, a Jewish nation with power in the middle east is in MY (and the West) best interest and so that is why I support Israel.

But you did steal the land.
Hey Earmuffs, why are you a realist? How did that happen? As a left-wing liberalist Wilsonian democrat I'm just trying to understand. (and find your weakness Dodgy )

In latter half of the video there's something about the Parents' Circle, organization that makes the people get to know each other across the borders. Looks like the common people aren't so enthusiastic about whom their leaders set out to kill and just want to stop. Which makes the sudden flareups of violence rather suspicious.
I have heard about this organization and read also how they arrange camps in USA, where they send Jewish and Palestinian children together. They say it works fine, they become real friends, only it gets more diffcult when they get home and try to explain that to their families.

In Europe a country is basically a territory with mainly administrative purposes, where you pay taxes and receive social services, etc. It does not have a mission in the world, neither it is guaranteed by God or meant exclusively to shelter people of a particular race and drive out all others.
I find this minimalistic idea of a state very appealing. I believe people should clear their culturally militant religious garbage off the office tables and make the state the most boring tax and law institution there can be. I hope one day both Jews and Palestinians shall be united in common loathing of tax paying to the same office, yet glad to get them back in form of schooling and healthcare.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post