Palin vs. Dawkins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 09:52 AM
RE: Palin vs. Dawkins
(28-10-2015 06:27 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Nobody would care about either, but interestingly his location at the time and event in the world over in Oxford or wherever England is closer to NYC than Anchorage. It's not as if she has any relevance being a Jr High student around the time than some other middle of the nation American student of the day anyway.

Yea, but none of it particularly makes either of them any more credible on the subject of Islamic terrorism than the other. He seems to be targeted for his opinion, solely because of his fame as an Anti-theist, and it appears to be the same responses he would have given a decade ago, repeating the same tired Weinberg quote.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 09:55 AM
(28-10-2015 09:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:27 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Nobody would care about either, but interestingly his location at the time and event in the world over in Oxford or wherever England is closer to NYC than Anchorage. It's not as if she has any relevance being a Jr High student around the time than some other middle of the nation American student of the day anyway.

Yea, but none of it particularly makes either of them any more credible on the subject of Islamic terrorism than the other. He seems to be targeted for his opinion, solely because of his fame as an Anti-theist, and it appears to be the same responses he would have given a decade ago, repeating the same tired Weinberg quote.

"He seems to be targeted for his well respected opinion on religion that he has published in multiple books, and because of his intellectual standing and outspokenness among those highly critical of religion today"

I fixed your bullshit for you Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-10-2015, 10:04 AM
(28-10-2015 09:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Is it possible for you to not basically turn any thread you participate in here into you riling in defensively about something?

Where even was it at that Palin said things in response? Why was it even a topic of conversation or was it on twitter or that type of jazz?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-10-2015, 10:14 AM
(28-10-2015 09:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Why should anyone care about Dawkins' opinion (only one of your stupid questions in the thread)? He is an educated and well respected biologist as well as an outspoken and published author on religion and its harm to society.

Dawkins doesn't appear to be any more informative on the subject of Islamic terrorism than Bristol Palin, or the local car mechanic, regardless of how much he knows about evolutionary biology.

Hence why he appeals to a Weinberg quote for support, as opposed to actual research on the subject.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-10-2015, 10:16 AM
(28-10-2015 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 09:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Why should anyone care about Dawkins' opinion (only one of your stupid questions in the thread)? He is an educated and well respected biologist as well as an outspoken and published author on religion and its harm to society.

Dawkins doesn't appear to be any more informative on the subject of Islamic terrorism than Bristol Palin, or the local car mechanic, regardless of how much he knows about evolutionary biology.

Hence why he appeals to a Weinberg quote for support, as opposed to actual research on the subject.

Said the theist who doesn't like Dawkins and who has apparently not read or listened to Dawkins. (your desire to dismiss atheists who criticize religion, is a blatant attempt to remove religious criticism from those who understand it is all superstitious bullshit)

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-10-2015, 10:29 AM
(28-10-2015 10:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Said the theist who doesn't like Dawkins and who has apparently not read or listened to Dawkins. (your desire to dismiss atheists who criticize religion, is a blatant attempt to remove religious criticism from those who understand it is all superstitious bullshit)

I've read Dawkins, even got a copy of the God Delusion sitting on my bookcase, and I'm quite familiar with his various writings, comments on religion in particular. In this case it's not even about his remarks on the superstitious bullshit, but Islamic Terrorism, and what role religion plays in motivating it,

Robert Pape, Scott Atran, and other's have done extensive research on the subject, Dawkins has done no more so that repeat internet memes.

28-10-2015, 10:32 AM
(28-10-2015 10:29 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 10:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Said the theist who doesn't like Dawkins and who has apparently not read or listened to Dawkins. (your desire to dismiss atheists who criticize religion, is a blatant attempt to remove religious criticism from those who understand it is all superstitious bullshit)

I've read Dawkins, even got a copy of the God Delusion sitting on my bookcase, and I'm quite familiar with his various writings, comments on religion in particular. In this case it's not even about his remarks on the superstitious bullshit, but Islamic Terrorism, and what role religion plays in motivating it,

Robert Pape, Scott Atran, and other's have done extensive research on the subject, Dawkins has done no more so that repeat internet memes.

If you have read and listened to Dawkins and don't understand why (as a well respected member of the community of outspoken religious skeptics and critics) his opinion would be solicited, then your reading and listening comprehension is more atrocious than it appears even on the forum.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Popcorn

But seriously can't we just get along?

No?

Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-10-2015, 10:56 AM
(28-10-2015 10:49 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Popcorn

No?

Popcorn

No. I don't like dishonest dicks.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-10-2015, 11:13 AM
(28-10-2015 10:49 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Popcorn

No?

Popcorn

Hand over the popcorn Tease

Popcorn

Now we can.

Someone doesn't seem to understand the concept of radical something quite well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post