Pancreatic Cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Pancreatic Cancer
ManlyGirl's 67 yo best friend from the Beagle Rescue Society has pancreatic cancer. I googled it. It's not good. They can't even tell the stage until they excise the tumor and even in the earliest stage the 5-yr survival rate is 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 at best. I think I might tell her to talk to Banjo if Banjo's okay with that.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Pancreatic Cancer
Sorry for your shared pain Manly/Girly.
Hug
18-04-2016, 01:37 PM
(18-04-2016 12:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl's 67 yo best friend from the Beagle Rescue Society has pancreatic cancer. I googled it. It's not good. They can't even tell the stage until they excise the tumor and even in the earliest stage the 5-yr survival rate is 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 at best. I think I might tell her to talk to Banjo if Banjo's okay with that.

I had a friend who died of that Sad It was quick, that's all I can say in it's favour.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-04-2016, 01:45 PM
(18-04-2016 12:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl's 67 yo best friend from the Beagle Rescue Society has pancreatic cancer. I googled it. It's not good. They can't even tell the stage until they excise the tumor and even in the earliest stage the 5-yr survival rate is 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 at best. I think I might tell her to talk to Banjo if Banjo's okay with that.

It's one of the worst.
I'd see of she can find a trial somewhere that's using an immuno-therapy / targeted-technology, in addition to conventional tx. CTCA or a university setting might know who's doing what. The one (Cancer Treatment Center of America) in Phili saved my sister from triple nasal turbinate ca. Sloan Kettering (NY) should also know who's doing what. But one of my aunts went quickly from this. Sorry to hear this.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-04-2016, 01:48 PM
That's bad news. Sorry to hear it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Not good news at all. I am sorry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Of course.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Hug
21-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I saw the title, and went "Oh, no..." Pancreatic cancer is one of the hardest ones to treat.

(((Hugs))) all around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user