Pandorum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Pandorum
I thought it was going to be a psychedelic flick where the guy was hallucinating the hell out of everything, given that Pandorum in the movie is supposed to be a psychological breakdown due to deep space. I was wrong, and it severely disappointed me, instead it was just some mutants in space and earth was destroyed, and they were the last bastion of hope for humanity... would have been much better if they made it a film where your mind is completely fucked with an in depth psychological look at what is real and what is not real.

It had so much potential... so much potential... but it was average I guess, the beginning was great, right up to the part where he meets the mutants, then it went downhill from there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
17-03-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Pandorum
(17-03-2012 12:08 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  ... would have been much better if they made it a film where your mind is completely fucked with an in depth psychological look at what is real and what is not real.

Check out The Fountain for that. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
17-03-2012, 05:42 PM
(17-03-2012 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 12:08 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  ... would have been much better if they made it a film where your mind is completely fucked with an in depth psychological look at what is real and what is not real.

I wanted it to be a space thriller though Sad and I don't know about The Fountain, I hate love stories, but I love adventures. Conundrum.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
17-03-2012, 10:49 PM
(17-03-2012 05:42 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I wanted it to be a space thriller though Sad and I don't know about The Fountain, I hate love stories, but I love adventures. Conundrum.

Oh, it's a time and space thriller. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
18-03-2012, 01:20 AM
(17-03-2012 10:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 05:42 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  I wanted it to be a space thriller though Sad and I don't know about The Fountain, I hate love stories, but I love adventures. Conundrum.

Oh, it's a time and space thriller. Wink

I watched it, it wasn't to bad, it wasn't much of the psychological thrill that I was looking for though. at least it wasn't my absolute worst expectations.
20-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I liked the Fountain, good flick! I look forward to Pandorum. I loved Ridley Scott's Alien and Blade Runner. Plus it's apparently sort of set in the Alien universe (but without the xenomorph- at least it's not part of this story).

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
20-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I liked Pandorum, but it had so many mistakes
they didn't even tried to understand evolution

The fountain is one of my favourite[/code] movies of all time, I should watch again now Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
20-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Pandorum held my interest, but I agree about the ending flopping.

The Fountain reminded me too much of the scenes at the end of Kubrick's 2001 when Dave is going through all that hyper-dimensional Star Child shit. Just a little bit too much woo woo for me. Oh, but it also reminded me a little bit of Kilgore Trout in Slaughter House Five, so it had that going for it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post