Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare
Lmao. I clicked on this thread precisely because I had a feeling there'd be an AmazingAtheist video in it. lol
Having said that; Papa John's is my Friday night tradition. A large classic pepperoni and a sixer of Coors (and maybe a chick or 3 Tongue ) I couldn't care less about the politics of it. If a small african child had to die for me to get my pizza; well we wouldn't want his death to have been in vain, now would we?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare
Lmao. I clicked on this thread precisely because I had a feeling there'd be an AmazingAtheist video in it. lol

Having said that, Pappa John's is my Friday night tradition. A large classic pepperoni and a sixer of Coors (and maybe a chick or three Wink ) I couldn't care less about the politics of it. If a small african child had to die for me to get my pizza; well, we wouldn't want his death to have been in vain, now would we?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
18-11-2012, 08:08 AM
(18-11-2012 12:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Most of these businesses are doomed now. All they will do by not providing benefits and cutting hours is show their employees that they don't mean shit. They are just there to be used up and then tossed away. I can't think of a better reason to stop washing hands, start spitting in food, and who knows what other things employees who are upset can do. This can cause lawsuits and businesses to fail. After all, getting fired while still full time will entitle the employee to unemployment based on full time hours. Once they go part time, they won't get shit from unemployment.
Birdman, you constantly amaze me with your stupidity.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2012, 12:50 PM
(17-11-2012 06:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Papa John's and Denny's and their fast-food cohorts are major contributors to the USA's health care problem. They're fucking selling type 2 diabetes in a box or on a plate, respectively. I don't eat their poison and couldn't give less of a shit if they take a fucking hit. What I can't understand is why these supposedly "smart" businessmen think that pointing this fact out helps their bottom line. ... Bunch of fucking rich ass retards is what I see.
Is it not obvious?
They do it in the hope that people will cause an uproar that prices are going up and hence be against Obamacare and hence it wont happen and hence they wont have to pay higher healthcare costs.
It's not a bad strategy, but it's not a good one either.

It might not have been a bad strategy had Romney won and the Republicans took over the Senate but since neither of those things happened and the Affordable Care Act is the Law of the Land with no path to repeal, it's about the stupidest marketing strategy I can think of. All you're gonna do is piss off potential customers. Sounds brilliant.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
18-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Re: Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare
No one is making people eat shit food. Non issue
No one is making anyone work for these companies. Non issue
There is nothing illegal about cutting hours.

Also, havent watched the video, but it appears this pizza/junk food issue directly effects the amazing atheist LolIdea
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
18-11-2012, 05:01 PM
(18-11-2012 02:33 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  No one is making people eat shit food. Non issue
No one is making anyone work for these companies. Non issue
There is nothing illegal about cutting hours.

Nope, nothing illegal about being a goddam heartless piece of shit prick in the name of profit, Girly's quite familiar with that particular prick neighborhood myself.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Cry a fucking river. There are employers that are notorious for said things. Wal-mart, CVS, Lowe's etc etc. If you don't want to get shit on, don't work in a toilet. If all these types hate the fat cats soo bad, go work for one of Warran Buffet's companies. Who watches youtube video's about fat wookie's gay rape prison fantasies anyway?

Where are all the employers who are happy about this?
19-11-2012, 12:17 AM
(18-11-2012 08:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 12:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Most of these businesses are doomed now. All they will do by not providing benefits and cutting hours is show their employees that they don't mean shit. They are just there to be used up and then tossed away. I can't think of a better reason to stop washing hands, start spitting in food, and who knows what other things employees who are upset can do. This can cause lawsuits and businesses to fail. After all, getting fired while still full time will entitle the employee to unemployment based on full time hours. Once they go part time, they won't get shit from unemployment.

Birdman, you constantly amaze me with your stupidity.

How exactly is this stupidity? If I come up with some idea that makes my the company I work for a few million more dollars that my boss can shove in his pocket, I see nothing extra from it. The benefits still suck, my pay stays the same, and there is no reason to try. These asshat ceo's are cutting everything they can from the employees that make them filthy stinking rich. Do you see any reason at all to try to keep the job?
19-11-2012, 09:13 AM
(17-11-2012 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Papa John's and Denny's and their fast-food cohorts are major contributors to the USA's health care problem. They're fucking selling type 2 diabetes in a box or on a plate, respectively. I don't eat their poison and couldn't give less of a shit if they take a fucking hit. What I can't understand is why these supposedly "smart" businessmen think that pointing this fact out helps their bottom line. ... Bunch of fucking rich ass retards is what I see.
Welllllllllllllll thats only part true. You can eat smart at these places and still not get insulin resistance. By eating too many starches (fries) and sugars (Sugary drinks) you're contributing to the problem. But if you eat a burger only, with water or a diet drink you're actually not doing your body that bad.. I'm not advocating a diet of nothing but fast food, but its not the demon that its been painted.
19-11-2012, 04:39 PM
So health insurance costs 11-14 cents per pizza, so 12.5 cents on average.

He increases the price of pizzas 20 cents, thus making an 8.5 cent profit on employees he ensures.

Except he is also cutting hours so that he won't even have to ensure them, thus making a 20 cent profit.

Is it just me or is does it sound like he just using this all as an excuse to raise the price up 20 cents, while offering as few people as possible actual health care, and stuffing almost all of that 20 cents per pie in his pocket?

People like this should just be killed....disgusting waste of oxygen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  US army cutting down? The Germans are coming 35 518 25-02-2014 07:23 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  "Obamacare" PoolBoyG 252 3,437 02-02-2014 12:22 AM
Last Post: toadaly
  Obamacare vs the Affordable Care Act. Which will win? TheBeardedDude 8 417 22-01-2014 01:45 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  FDA bans preventative medicine to hide the cost of Obamacare? frankksj 140 2,607 31-12-2013 03:53 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Obamacare makes people less likely to exercise, more likely to smoke and drink frankksj 70 1,192 06-12-2013 12:16 PM
Last Post: frankksj
  Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance frankksj 50 1,302 08-11-2013 02:50 PM
Last Post: frankksj
  Raising the alarm in Flirida: Religious nuts threaten to destroy secularism Ozzie 1 215 15-10-2012 12:00 AM
Last Post: Birdguy1979