Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 11:51 AM by Diablo666.)
RE: Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare
(18-11-2012 09:06 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Cry a fucking river. There are employers that are notorious for said things. Wal-mart, CVS, Lowe's etc etc. If you don't want to get shit on, don't work in a toilet. If all these types hate the fat cats soo bad, go work for one of Warran Buffet's companies. Who watches youtube video's about fat wookie's gay rape prison fantasies anyway?

Where are all the employers who are happy about this?
Just because something happens does not make it justifiable.

The majority of people who work for places like this are kids any damn way.
Kids that didn't take a govt handout like you, and signup for the military. They are actually trying to be productive members of society.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 08:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Papa Johns, Denny's, etc raising prices and cutting employee hours for Obamacare
(18-11-2012 09:06 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Where are all the employers who are happy about this?

Ummmm ... how 'bout all them small businesses with less than 25 employees who now get rather generous tax breaks to provide their employees with affordable health care.

(19-11-2012 09:13 AM)Styrofoam02 Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Papa John's and Denny's and their fast-food cohorts are major contributors to the USA's health care problem. They're fucking selling type 2 diabetes in a box or on a plate, respectively. I don't eat their poison and couldn't give less of a shit if they take a fucking hit. What I can't understand is why these supposedly "smart" businessmen think that pointing this fact out helps their bottom line. ... Bunch of fucking rich ass retards is what I see.
Welllllllllllllll thats only part true. You can eat smart at these places and still not get insulin resistance. By eating too many starches (fries) and sugars (Sugary drinks) you're contributing to the problem. But if you eat a burger only, with water or a diet drink you're actually not doing your body that bad.. I'm not advocating a diet of nothing but fast food, but its not the demon that its been painted.

But if you're smart enough to realize that, you're probably smart enough to just not eat there in the first place. You're probably more likely to just get a Burrito Bowl from Chipotle like I do. I will admit to occasionally frequenting Burger King and telling them to hold the bun (kudos to them for giving me that option Thumbsup ) and McDonalds and just throwing the bun away.

(19-11-2012 04:39 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  So health insurance costs 11-14 cents per pizza, so 12.5 cents on average.

He increases the price of pizzas 20 cents, thus making an 8.5 cent profit on employees he ensures.

Except he is also cutting hours so that he won't even have to ensure them, thus making a 20 cent profit.

Is it just me or is does it sound like he just using this all as an excuse to raise the price up 20 cents, while offering as few people as possible actual health care, and stuffing almost all of that 20 cents per pie in his pocket?

People like this should just be killed....disgusting waste of oxygen.

Sounds to me like he's just a fucking prick. We could sick HamataK on him.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
20-11-2012, 03:35 PM
(16-11-2012 09:56 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So to preempt the costs of providing employees healthcare under Obamacare, random companies have been coming out to the news 2 years early that they're going to have to raise their prices and cut employee hours in order to cope with Obamacare. Denny's is claiming they're going to add a 5% fee to each bill, Papa John needs to raise the price of his pizzas by 14 cents... so he's raising the price by 20 cents? AND in all price raising cases, the companies are also promising to cut employee hours. This all seems like an extension of the whine-fest that's happening in petition land right now. Rich CEO's are mad that they have to provide a benefit to employees and so instead of taking it out of their giant ass paycheck or another part of their business, they're taking the money from us and their employees. Denny's only needs 5% of sales to solve the problem? Anyone who has worked in the food industry knows that you can do something as small as change the brand of butter your company uses to find that 5%.

Another thing that baffles me is that these people are claiming that it already costs 6,000 dollars a year per employee to cover them. What health insurance are they providing that costs 500 dollars a month? That's more than my rent costs.

I was peeved that no one was calling these people out, but since the original stories came out, there have been a plethora of correct responses.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/16/dennys-ra...s-warfare/

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/m...pizza.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13...22412.html

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-no...ne-country

It appears both Papa and Denny's are in todays news recanting their stories ..."Oh Oh..thats not what we said..or not what we had intended" blah blah blah.
Just another breed of fucking sore losers! Reality set in and they realized their WORDS were actually bad for business....i suppose begging, hoping and praying that ole Arkansas Huckster would declare National Denny's or Papa Johns day to set new records (ala Chickfaga).
This election has brought out the biggest whiners and sore loosers in the history of elections. This whole "Gonna punish america' bull shit is for school yards and sand boxes.
Somehow Fox and its ilk were trying to make hero's out of companies that pay shitty wages and dont offer their employees health benefits. My response is "who the fuck would work for such companies and how are they still in business?".
Hopefully the examples these fools are making of themselves will be lesson to the rest of the 47% of SORE LOOSERS!
Shut your trap and take it like a man. Many of us had to endure the insufferable W for 4 additional years and none of us were threatening closing our business's or punishing our employees (nor seceeding from the union).
I wont even consider Papa johns now on principal now.
Rant over.
D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
20-11-2012, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 10:17 PM by Anjele.)
It was announced a couple weeks back that the company that owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster were reducing all hours so that everyone is part-time and therefore they aren't required to provide health care for them.

There will be a lot of other businesses that are going to take steps to offset Obamacare and it's not going to be a good thing for the working class or for many small businesses.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
21-11-2012, 08:42 AM
(20-11-2012 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was announced a couple weeks back that the company that owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster were reducing all hurs so that everyone is part-time and therefore they aren't required to provide health care for them.

There will be a lot of other businesses that are going to take steps to offset Obamacare and it's not going to be a good thing for the working class or for many small businesses.
I own a small business and obamacare is a non event.
Honestly i want to support the companies that pay better wages and give their employees benefits. Thanks for alerting me to Olive Garden. If folks would choose a better company to support with their dollar (opposed to punishing employees) then places like Olive Garden would go out of business for reasons OTHER than providing a benefit to their employees.

THe wife wont like it, but Olive Garden is now another company we wont visit...and we were just there this past weekend.
D
22-11-2012, 07:10 PM
What needs to happen is for companies to pay living wage, get people off welfare and they don't have to bitch and complain about taxes... Just had to say that for the pure fact most of these companies are about profit. Obamacare limits their profit, therefore they downgrade their employees. They treat them like crap because they can. They created the company, therefore they decide how they treat their employees. Problem with that theory is you have disgruntled employees and continuing to replace them only makes your business crappy. Obamacare is not really all that bad, though I understand the negative side of it. My mom is a nurse and is seeing it. A lot of people with insurance through companies or bought insurance have higher premiums and less value. It does have a negative side but for those who do not have insurance, they are surely able to get it now... I think it would have been better off to make it like Universal Healthcare verses sticking it on the employer. Obama should have realized with Capitalism and a free market comes greed and a distaste for paying more then the bare minimum so they can gain a larger chunk of profit. It is bullshit but true. What Obama should have done was take his time on it. There is already State insurance for those who need it and people can claim charity care. He should really have focused in on the entire thing and not rushed it. That was his downfall in all this because our system is not really ready for such massive change.

However, a lot of retailers who believe in making their employees happy aka Nordstroms (my dad works for them) really have amazing benefits and they do make a decent living. My dad works off of commission but he makes decent pay, even on downtime. That is because they have high end shoes with high percentage of sales, plus amazing discounts. It is amazing when I see this company and then look at places like Walmart and find myself in disgust. How can a high end retailer be more respectful to their employees, then a retailer catered to low income families? It is disgusting.
22-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Good health insurance is something I am truly thankful for. When I went through my cancer crap, we didn't even have a deductible on the plan we have through a major company. We do now but it's not too bad. We'd have been screwed without decent insurance. When my son had ACL surgery...not once, but twice, during high school, again it was our insurance that saved our butts.

I was ready to scream Monday night as I laid in the ER waiting to be seen as the lady in the room with me laughed and chatted and made phone calls and asked every time a medical person came in if they had her pain meds. The registration person came in to see her and she presented an out of state ID, said she lived in a different part of the Metroplex (much closer to other hospitals) and she had no insurance although she had a high dollar hairdo. She came in after I did, was seen before I was, was given meds before I was, and was admitted while I was sent home to tough it out. I had to pay my co-pay before I left and will surely get a bunch of bills in the next few weeks. It would have been cheaper for me if they had at least kept me over night as far as my out-of-pocket goes.

I don't see Obamacare as the answer but something has to change with our healthcare system.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
26-11-2012, 07:02 PM
(20-11-2012 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was announced a couple weeks back that the company that owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster were reducing all hours so that everyone is part-time and therefore they aren't required to provide health care for them.

What makes you think they weren't already doing this? I know a lot of people are claiming wal-mart started this practice, but I know they have been doing it for years now.