Paper on bipedalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Paper on bipedalism
I read an interesting brief paper on the possible correlation between chimpanzee carrying behavior and the evolution of bipedalism. Those little bastards will carry stuff with their mouths, hands, arms, and toes just to get as much food as they can.

http://langint.pri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ai/intr...ho2012.pdf

Supplemental video evidence can be seen here:

http://langint.pri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ai/en/p...o2012.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
12-03-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: Paper on bipedalism
a purse. They need a purse. Girl_nails

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
12-03-2014, 06:23 AM
(12-03-2014 06:20 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  a purse. They need a purse. Girl_nails

I agree. One thing I read that they do is use the depression between the neck and clavicle and the groin and inner thigh as "pockets" to carry stuff. I believe it was in the book Chimpanzees of the Lakeshore (2012).
12-03-2014, 06:28 AM
I would like to see what they would do if you gave them a 5 gallon bucket. How many different things would they use it for?

and like those hot spring baboons...would they teach it to their kids?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-03-2014, 09:25 AM
(12-03-2014 06:28 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I would like to see what they would do if you gave them a 5 gallon bucket. How many different things would they use it for?

and like those hot spring baboons...would they teach it to their kids?

They are pretty smart, so lots of stuff. But I imagine the males would use it to bang around in displays.
12-03-2014, 09:50 AM
(12-03-2014 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  But I imagine the males would use it to bang around in displays.

Hey! What a great idea. I have some of those orange buckets from Home Depot...I'm going to paint my butt cheeks and face red and blue, bang on the buckets and try to get laid! Boy is my wife going to be surprised! Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-03-2014, 01:21 PM
I now have two new papers to read on my kindle thanks ghostBig Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
13-03-2014, 01:54 PM
I just saw this, results on chimps vs humans in gaming and puzzle solving, eye opening.

http://www.livescience.com/44039-chimpan...pid=556797

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-03-2014, 07:53 PM
(13-03-2014 01:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just saw this, results on chimps vs humans in gaming and puzzle solving, eye opening.

A group I follow on facebook posted this earlier today. Chimps certainly are smarter than most people give them credit for.
13-03-2014, 07:54 PM
(13-03-2014 07:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 01:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just saw this, results on chimps vs humans in gaming and puzzle solving, eye opening.

A group I follow on facebook posted this earlier today. Chimps certainly are smarter than most people give them credit for.

I'm sure chimps are smarter than trolls Big Grin