Paradigm Shift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Paradigm Shift
For years my herald of spring was getting out on the bike the first day it hit 70 degrees (f) and tooling about with no destination in mind --- just to enjoy the ride.

I'm not doing that any more.

I've been riding for over 35 years - and have totaled two bikes, been in three major wrecks - killed one deer and ended up with enough titanium plates in me to build a J-frame Smith and Wesson.... So.... The bike's up for sale, and I've decided to quit while I'm ahead (marginally) and not ride anymore.........

The leather, the long hair and the beard are gone.....

But, I did get my knees in the breeze today......

Good thing I've got shorts and a convertible.....

It's different -- but ya know??? It's really fucking comfortable --- and ya don't end up with bug splatter all over ya.....

NEXT!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-05-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: Paradigm Shift
(21-05-2016 05:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For years my herald of spring was getting out on the bike the first day it hit 70 degrees (f) and tooling about with no destination in mind --- just to enjoy the ride.

I've been riding for over 35 years - and have totaled two bikes, been in three major wrecks - killed one deer and ended up with enough titanium plates in me to build a J-frame Smith and Wesson.... So.... The bike's up for sale, and I've decided to quit while I'm ahead (marginally) and not ride anymore.........

It's different -- but ya know??? It's really fucking comfortable --- and ya don't end up with bug splatter all over ya.....

NEXT!!!

Gonna have to change your handle. Maybe onlinecruiser?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
21-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Good luck! Thumbsup

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
21-05-2016, 05:46 PM
(21-05-2016 05:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 05:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For years my herald of spring was getting out on the bike the first day it hit 70 degrees (f) and tooling about with no destination in mind --- just to enjoy the ride.

NEXT!!!

Gonna have to change your handle. Maybe onlinecruiser?

The difference between a guy on a motorcycle and a biker was always attitude.

I'm no longer riding -- but as far as I can tell, the attitude persists..........

And fuck you, if you disagree..........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear it and yet happy you'll be a little safer and more comfy. I love riding but I hate worry about idiots on the road. We (my now ex and I) gave up the bike almost 30yrs ago for a boat. We couldn't afford to keep and insure both. He wanted a boat and I said, your bike, do what you want. He sold the bike and bought the boat and trailer.

Many times over the years we could've bought another bike but he too had been in a few accidents. One nearly killed him and he was in the hospital for 6 weeks, his friend who was with him was killed. The drunk driver who left a young woman with 2 babies a widow got nothing for compensation as the driver was the mayors son and was never charged. I think the ex couldn't take the vibrations anymore, too hard on his back. But he missed it. Hell, I missed it, even though I fretted the whole time in traffic. Getting out on the open highway was glorious though. We used to make the run up highway 75 from Tulsa to his mom's place in SE Ks and man it was great. On a moonlit night it was like flying. Smile

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-05-2016, 07:39 PM
(21-05-2016 05:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 05:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Gonna have to change your handle. Maybe onlinecruiser?

The difference between a guy on a motorcycle and a biker was always attitude.

I'm no longer riding -- but as far as I can tell, the attitude persists..........

Big Grin

So one can be a biker without a bike? That's deep.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
(21-05-2016 05:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
the bike
a convertible

Burn out.

Fade away.

You decide.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-05-2016, 08:24 PM
(21-05-2016 07:39 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 05:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The difference between a guy on a motorcycle and a biker was always attitude.

Big Grin

So one can be a biker without a bike? That's deep.

If that's the case, I want to be a wizard who can't cast spells.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I can understand how it might feel like a loss, but I think it's a wise decision for safety's sake.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-05-2016, 09:06 PM
I got over riding my motorcycle after having to kick in two car doors in Los Angeles freeway traffic. If I'm gonna be a dumb shit and kill myself by laying it low in the curves in some canyon at high speed, that's on me (BTDT, a different story, but suffice to say I didn't die Tongue ). But when people look right at me and come into my lane anyway, I'm done with it. That was in 1972. I loved riding. I have plenty of friends who are maimed and/or dead from other people's carelessness while they were riding properly. I didn't like riding with that level of paranoia, and quit.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post