Paradox Interactive Games

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Paradox Interactive Games
Has anyone played Paradox Interactive's games? I must say, they are getting better and better (then sometimes a bit of a flop...Sunset Invasion, blah) with each game!

I'm particularly enthralled in Crusader Kings II, an interactive game where you can play anyone (a Count, a Duke, a King..except Theocracies and you can't play as Muslims unless you have the Sword of Islam DLC) and play from 1066 (when the War for the Saxon-Kingdom is being fought between Harold the First, William the First, and Harald III) to 1453.

Then there's also Mount & Blade, Europa Universalis III and Victoria II. (and the famed Hearts of Iron series)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: Paradox Interactive Games
If it's a Paradox Interactive game, I've got it.
EU3 and Victoria 2 have got to be my most played games of all time, and considering the amount of hours I've put into online FPS games, that's saying something.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
(05-01-2013 03:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If it's a Paradox Interactive game, I've got it.
EU3 and Victoria 2 have got to be my most played games of all time, and considering the amount of hours I've put into online FPS games, that's saying something.
I've never played Viky II myself, but I have CKII and EUII Chronicles.

what nation do you usually play?
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
In VickyII I play Prussia and try to form Germany and then conqueror France or whatever else I feel like.
Or if I wanna play an uncivilized nation, Japan.

In EU3 I play a lot of different nations, depends.
Naples for example if I wanna try to form Italy. Teutonic Knights if I wanna form Prussia then eventually Germany.
France is always fun as is England.

In CKII I like playing pretty much any count, manly HRE count and working up to duke, then king/emperor.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
05-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I usually play the Byzzies in CKII, especially with Legacy of Rome addon.
05-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Well you beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a thread by this exact name. Anyways, the two I have played are CK2 and EU3. I also have HOI3 downloaded but just have not got around to playing it.

Just formed Hispania as Leon in CK2. The first twenty years in game were filled with assassinations. I first killed my brother in Galicia, but sadly inheritance was gavelkind, so castille got most of the land. I was then about to kill Castille's King but a tree fell in front of my carriage. Then I was a 3 year old girl and had the amazingly long reign of 3 days. My last remaining heir was about 2 months old so I had the joy of a 16 year regency. After that initial set back it was pretty mush smooth sailing from there.

Under Repair.
05-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Ouc. I can feel your pain in that my second ruler (Androkinos I Komnenos) ruled an unexpected 72 year long reign...However, he outlived some of his children. By the time he died, his first child was dead and his second was nearly dead and lived about 15 years. Then his son about 20. I finally got one who lived up to 40 years and got back into groove.

And here's a picture of my Empire;

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/864955...AFD58171B/
06-01-2013, 01:51 AM
I think I had one of my rulers or ireland reign for about 60 years. My granddaughter inherited and reigned for 6 months. Luckily, her son was a genius so the realm held together. At that time I had Andulusia, Poland, Ireland, and Wales. I also accidentally made Scotland Orthodox, which at that that time had most of England. History be damned.

Under Repair.
06-01-2013, 03:09 AM
(05-01-2013 11:50 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well you beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a thread by this exact name. Anyways, the two I have played are CK2 and EU3. I also have HOI3 downloaded but just have not got around to playing it.

Just formed Hispania as Leon in CK2. The first twenty years in game were filled with assassinations. I first killed my brother in Galicia, but sadly inheritance was gavelkind, so castille got most of the land. I was then about to kill Castille's King but a tree fell in front of my carriage. Then I was a 3 year old girl and had the amazingly long reign of 3 days. My last remaining heir was about 2 months old so I had the joy of a 16 year regency. After that initial set back it was pretty mush smooth sailing from there.
Oh man, the things I did in one save to secure the Polish crown... I'm surprised I had any family left!

HOI3 is really good. I suggest playing Germany, it's not as daunting as it sounds, just make sure to secure goo allies, Italy, Hungary (are about the only useful allies you usually get, yes I'm looking at you useless Portugal..), Brazil, Japan and a few others. If you use spies correctly to change the government type and influence right from the start you can even get the USA to become a Facist nation and join you. Oh, but don't count of the Japs to actually help you against the USA if you end up fighting them, they're a pretty weak nation. And watch out for the Soviets, they'll stab you while your back is turned.
And tip; learn how the supply system works before playing.

You don't have as much freedom in HOI3 as you do in EU, CK or Vicky. But considering its time period that's to be expected.

Here's a Germany pic from Vicky2 that I found in my SS folder.
Looking good for Germany (me) going into WW1.

[Image: 2h6daxd.jpg]

06-01-2013, 06:46 PM
(06-01-2013 03:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 11:50 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well you beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a thread by this exact name. Anyways, the two I have played are CK2 and EU3. I also have HOI3 downloaded but just have not got around to playing it.

Oh man, the things I did in one save to secure the Polish crown... I'm surprised I had any family left!

HOI3 is really good. I suggest playing Germany, it's not as daunting as it sounds, just make sure to secure goo allies, Italy, Hungary (are about the only useful allies you usually get, yes I'm looking at you useless Portugal..), Brazil, Japan and a few others. If you use spies correctly to change the government type and influence right from the start you can even get the USA to become a Facist nation and join you. Oh, but don't count of the Japs to actually help you against the USA if you end up fighting them, they're a pretty weak nation. And watch out for the Soviets, they'll stab you while your back is turned.
And tip; learn how the supply system works before playing.

You don't have as much freedom in HOI3 as you do in EU, CK or Vicky. But considering its time period that's to be expected.

Here's a Germany pic from Vicky2 that I found in my SS folder.
Looking good for Germany (me) going into WW1.

[Image: 2h6daxd.jpg]
Pft, looks like you went Austria -> Germany(which was an actual argument of should ALL areas be controlled that have German-speaking populations, or just the minimum amount, what surrounds Prussia and the German Confederation?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 160 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 925 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 1,003 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 639 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
Wink Honest Trailers: Now Doing Games EvolutionKills 2 111 11-05-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Nostalgic Video games. Metazoa Zeke 42 447 08-04-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Best DLC`s and Expantion Packs for Games The Germans are coming 20 686 03-02-2014 01:34 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills