Paradox Interactive Games

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Paradox Interactive Games
(06-01-2013 06:46 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 03:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh man, the things I did in one save to secure the Polish crown... I'm surprised I had any family left!

HOI3 is really good. I suggest playing Germany, it's not as daunting as it sounds, just make sure to secure goo allies, Italy, Hungary (are about the only useful allies you usually get, yes I'm looking at you useless Portugal..), Brazil, Japan and a few others. If you use spies correctly to change the government type and influence right from the start you can even get the USA to become a Facist nation and join you. Oh, but don't count of the Japs to actually help you against the USA if you end up fighting them, they're a pretty weak nation. And watch out for the Soviets, they'll stab you while your back is turned.
And tip; learn how the supply system works before playing.

You don't have as much freedom in HOI3 as you do in EU, CK or Vicky. But considering its time period that's to be expected.

Here's a Germany pic from Vicky2 that I found in my SS folder.
Looking good for Germany (me) going into WW1.

[Image: 2h6daxd.jpg]
Pft, looks like you went Austria -> Germany(which was an actual argument of should ALL areas be controlled that have German-speaking populations, or just the minimum amount, what surrounds Prussia and the German Confederation?)
Nope.

Prussia, attack Austria off the bat, take Bohemia and the other large region next to it.
Attack France for the two regions you need to form Germany.
Attack Austria again, this time conqueror all her regions and leave them conquered until Austria falls out of Great Power status, add "add to sphere" war goal, end war with Austria added to your sphere. Because Austria is now in your sphere, to form Germany you must either have the required regions in your control or in your sphere and so now you can form Germany. And now when you form Germany all of Austria becomes under your control.
Takes 4 wars total (the fourth being with Denmark for Holstein) and a lot of influencing.

From there you can conqueror Belgium, Netherlands, more of France, Switzerland, Denmark, Russia, Ottomans, Italian states, etc...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
(06-01-2013 06:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 06:46 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:  Pft, looks like you went Austria -> Germany(which was an actual argument of should ALL areas be controlled that have German-speaking populations, or just the minimum amount, what surrounds Prussia and the German Confederation?)
Nope.

Prussia, attack Austria off the bat, take Bohemia and the other large region next to it.
Attack Austria again, this time conqueror all her regions and leave them conquered until Austria falls out of Great Power status, add "add to sphere" war goal, end war with Austria added to your sphere. Because Austria is now in your sphere, to form Germany you must either have the required regions in your control or in your sphere and so now you can form Germany. And now when you form Germany all of Austria becomes under your control.
Takes 4 wars total (the fourth being with Denmark for Holstein) and a lot of influencing.

From there you can conqueror Belgium, Netherlands, more of France, Switzerland, Denmark, Russia, Ottomans, Italian states, etc...
Oh. So you wee Prussia but became a BAMFN?
06-01-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 06:25 AM by itsacow.)
Well, another interesting turn of events. I had my sister married matrilineally to the heir of the byzantine empire (he was my marshal) and started a faction to place him on the throne. As a backup plan, I brutally murdered five children to put him on the throne in case my rebellion failed. I then set my successor as my aforementioned sister (Elective Monarchy, was supposed to be primogeniture but crown laws did not allow it). My rebellion was successful when 10,000 loyalists with 2,000 HC attacked my 10,000 men across a river into mountains. It was a slaughter. So now I am waiting for me to die and my sister to get pregnant.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
06-01-2013, 10:59 PM
(06-01-2013 10:09 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 06:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nope.

Oh. So you wee Prussia but became a BAMFN?
Pretty much.
The normal route is to attack Austria for the free CB you have on them which puts all nations under Austria's sphere into your sphere. You can then form NGC, then as NGC you fight Austria and France for the territory you need to form Germany.
The way I do it (as described above) skips NGC but because you're Prussia and not NGC the wars with Austria and France are harder (though to be fair, after you beat Austria once and take Bohemia and the other large region Austria become somewhat of a cake walk).
Germany, once formed, is the single strongest country in the game. It has a very strong army, it has a well educated population, large population for that matter, and its industry is very good.

Once you form Germany the challenge in the game goes right out the window.
It's like re-uniting the HRE in EU3, once you done it there's really no more point in caring on that particular save.

06-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Germany - the enemy of challenge in any Paradox game. Hell the only challenges I have now are the Ilkhanate and my own vassals (The King of Georiga especially).

The HRE is Orthodox and the Kings of France and England are Catholic, and screw themselves over more often than not. So, I can pretty much, in the last 120 years I have left, reunite the Roman Empire without much of a sweat. Even now the GH is pretty much broken.

Then against Byzantium used to be OP as far as I know before SoI came. Which I don't have yet, is it a good expansion like LoR?
12-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Managed to form Germany in Victoria 2 House Divided before the end of 1850 for the first time today.
And by before the end of 1850 I mean I just ended the war with Denmark and was able to form Germany on the 10th of December 1850.
It is now 1877 and my army score is 1,400 which is more the the UK's (in second) total score.
Conquered South Asia, parts of South America, Belgium, the rest of Denmark, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Sardinia, Puma, Tuscany, Papal State and the other little Italian state.
Two Scilies (mind the spelling) are next in Europe, and Columbia is next in South America (my two main "fronts").

Oh and did I mention that my War threat thing, "bad boy", is a little over 25 (the limit before everyone gets a free CB against me) at 450ish... Because I have over 300 regiments (at 3,000 troops each) of Guards and Dragoons no other nation (like France of the Uk etc..) will go to war with me. Even when I attack countries in their spheres of influence, they would rather lose that country then go to war.

This is what I mean as it being no point to carry on playing once Germany is formed, waaay too easy.
But I wanna see if a world domination is possible as Prussia so I'm gonna keep going.

13-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Mount & Blade: Warband is one of my personal favorites. Actually riding a mount into battle, hitting enemies from a 100 yards away with a bow from horseback and dropping them in 1 shot never gets old. It took me quite a bit of time to it down and become a pretty good mounted archer, everything else I was kind of 'meh' about. I just wandered around the deserts as a mercenary for the Sarranid Sultanate, taking out bandits and rival forces from horseback. It takes forever, but once you get to the point where you have a small and well trained force of 100 men that can take on armies 5-7 times larger, you can really start to influence the world in your favor.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]