Parallel Universis

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
04-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Parallel Universis
I am watching the history channel and it is talking about parallel universes. I didn't see the whole thing, but it was talking about other dimensions, and I was fairly lost. Does any one know anything about all this? It seems very interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 09:09 PM

RE: Parallel Universis
I do remember that a few years ago there was a documentary series on alternate universes, I believe it was called "Sliders". I could be wrong though.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 09:14 PM

All I know about parallel universes I learned from Star Trek! Smile

The perspective I know it from is that every decision you have made seems to stem another 'universe', in that one reflects one decision, while the other reflects another decision.

For example, one universe (this one) has you in it, while another universe would not have you in it (if your parents never got together to conceive you). This is problematic on two fronts:

1. There is no absolute limit on how many 'universes' can be spurned using the logic I posited above.

2. There is no way to substantiate that these even exist.

I think theorizing about parallel universes is no different than theorizing about any universes other than ours...they are hard to prove.

I will see if I can find the series in YouTube. I would be interested to see what the program has to say about them.
05-05-2010, 08:55 AM
It seems like the Matrix to me - metaphysical crap with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM

(05-05-2010 08:55 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It seems like the Matrix to me - metaphysical crap with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

This could help...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

I mean, this doesn't PROVE multiple universes, just that higher dimensions wouldn't reference distances, just changes between times, versions of realities, and universes.
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
(05-05-2010 09:07 AM)Prometheus2508 Wrote:  
(05-05-2010 08:55 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It seems like the Matrix to me - metaphysical crap with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

This could help...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

I mean, this doesn't PROVE multiple universes, just that higher dimensions wouldn't reference distances, just changes between times, versions of realities, and universes.

Yes, it's very interesting, but, like I said, there isn't any evidence to support multiple universes. The videos talk about how there are several dimensions which talk about all possible universes, but this does not mean that they actually exist, only that they could have existed.
Still, though, very nice videos. Thanks for sharing!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah I agree with the fact that there is not much evidence supporting this. It does seem more sci fi than anything else. also, it talked about wormholes and I know that there is like a less than ten percent chance of those existing, according to science last I checked.
05-05-2010, 07:25 PM

(04-05-2010 09:14 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  All I know about parallel universes I learned from Star Trek! Smile

The perspective I know it from is that every decision you have made seems to stem another 'universe', in that one reflects one decision, while the other reflects another decision.

For example, one universe (this one) has you in it, while another universe would not have you in it (if your parents never got together to conceive you). This is problematic on two fronts:

1. There is no absolute limit on how many 'universes' can be spurned using the logic I posited above.

2. There is no way to substantiate that these even exist.

I think theorizing about parallel universes is no different than theorizing about any universes other than ours...they are hard to prove.

I will see if I can find the series in YouTube. I would be interested to see what the program has to say about them.

You like Star Trek too?! High five! Big Grin
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Trekkies unite!

*makes Vulcan hand sign*

07-05-2010, 08:32 AM

Trekkers ftw!