Paranoia II- The Reckoning

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
05-09-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 04:32 PM by Atothetheist.)
Paranoia II- The Reckoning
Alrighty, ladies and gentleman: I have recieved the go ahead to customize, and make my own Paranoia game (trademarked by Bemore). Now, this is going to be a little bit more complicated then the previous game, but I hope it isn't too much. I'll get right onto discussing the rules and what actions people have.

What teams are there?

Ok, this isn't a standard Mafia game, in fact there is no mafia in it. There are two teams: Serial Killer and townies.

What will happen when I sign up for the game?

When you sign up, I will add you to the player list, and when enough players are up for it and I am ready to start the game, I will send you a confirmation PM, and then set out the roles/Characters to you. Now, to add some realism to the game I am not revealing the full profiles of the characters to anyone but the person who is assigned the character. So you will not know another characters weight/ origin/ etc but your own.

I will; however, post obvious outward appearances on the public board. Think about it this way, when you see a person, you see their exterior traits. These exterior traits will be public knowledge to everyone due to the fact that in the fictional setting, you guys interact with each other.

Sorry for the long explanation. I suck at making things brief.

What can the townies do?

The townies (the people who are considered good/aren't the serial killer) have day and night actions.

In the day, if a body appears, the townies can vote for one person (can't vote for themselves.) to inspect the body for clues on the killer. NOTE: Clues on the killer, not on how the person dies (I will write a general narrative that will make it clear how he/she died.). Example: "Hmm.... These marks on the neck indicate that the killer used his left hand to strangle her/him." If the townies vote to have the Killer examine the body, he has the power to investigate.

Townies also vote to lynch a person in the daytime. This is in the same format as the standard Mafia game.

At night, the townies get two options: Investigate, Stay inside.

Investigate:When you choose investigate you have the power to pick a person, and receive a clue, usually in the form of a item that indicates something about their origin/ability or what they did last night. If the person you investigated chose to LOCK IN, you will not be able to investigate them, but your message will merely read, "The person you have chosen has locked him/herself in their room." If you choose investigate, beware you are vulnerable to being killed by the killer, and you will not have any way to avoid it if the killer targets you.

Lock In You will lock yourself in your room for the night, protecting you from being killed, but unable to help in the evidence gathering. You are unable to be investigated if you are locked in.

EVIDENCE WILL BE SENT VIA PM. NO SCREENSHOTTING/COPY AND PASTING PMS FROM ME. YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE PEOPLE'S WORD FOR IT.

What about the Serial Killer?

In the day, the Serial Killer gets to vote to have somebody investigate the body (can't vote for themselves.), and have the power to vote to lynch.

In the night, the Serial killer can either Frame, or Kill.

Frame: If the serial killer selects this option, they forfeit their kill for the night to frame UP TO Three people (can be less if they wish, but no more than three. He can also frame himself.) So that if a person INVESTIGATES them, they will get faulty evidence. They can't choose what they want to frame them with.

Kill: This one is pretty fucking self-explanatory. You choose a person to kill and I will message you with a successful kill, or a failed kill depending on what actions the target chooses.

Lock-in: The killer can lock him/herself in their room, protecting them from the other killer, but at the expense of a kill/frame. In addition to being protected from the other killer/ you can't be investigated
What are the goals?

The Killer has to be the last one standing.

The townies have to eliminate the killer.

Please critique if you have issues with the rules/etc. If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer some.
–------------------
Welcome to the Hotel California! What a lovely place!

... Or at least it was... Now that the Rapture has happened, it doesn't seem like we have too many good folks around here.

P.S: I will give out "Paranoia Awards." To some of the players that played extremely well. They will be in different categories "Most clever use of investigation." "Best RPer ever!" Or my favorite "Best evil Monologue, EVAR!!" Etc. it's nothing truly substantial, but I feel that people who played good games should be recognized.

Any critiques are helpful.

Can I just keep choosing paranoid every night so I don't die?

Of course. However you will not be adding anything in the way of clues to the game. If you do this and it is only you and the killer left at the end of the game, I will declare the killer the winner.

IF YOU ARE DEAD, YOU CAN'T SPECULATE OR INFLUENCE THE GAME. PLEASE OBSERVE THIS RULE

Oh, and just so you know, my word is law. I am the final say so in ANY disagreements about how things were done/played. If I say it is allowed, it is allowed. You may not agree, but this is MY game. You are free to host your own if you don't like it.

Phases last 10-13 hours each unless something happens (majority is reached/ no lynch happens/ or you tell me that I am not going to change my vote, so in special situations, we can just move on.)

It will start in Night Phase.

List of Players
Ferdinand- DEAD
Revenant77x- DEAD
Lightvader- Dead
Chas- DEAD
Hughsie- DEAD
DLJ- DEAD
Tartarus Sauce- Confirmed
Dark Light- Confirmed
Free Thought- Confirmed
Bemore- Dead
Cheapthrillseeker- Confirmed
Smoothcriminal- Confirmed

I have nine people, that should be enough to play I'll wait until school is over to close the sign ups.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Paranoia II- The Reckoning
Dude. Big Grin

I'm in.
05-09-2013, 08:14 PM
(05-09-2013 07:59 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Dude. Big Grin

I'm in.

Sweet.

Any questions?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Well even though we can't kill Stevie this game I'll play.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Sweet! Im in

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
05-09-2013, 08:32 PM
No killing A2? WTAF?

Oh, hell, I'm in. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2013, 08:52 PM
(05-09-2013 08:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  No killing A2? WTAF?

Oh, hell, I'm in. Dodgy

Vote Lynch Chas he's always the killer Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-09-2013, 09:01 PM
(05-09-2013 08:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 08:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  No killing A2? WTAF?

Oh, hell, I'm in. Dodgy

Vote Lynch Chas he's always the killer Tongue

Aw, poor Chas. Hug
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm in.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-09-2013, 10:14 PM
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Oh, but one question, you mentioned that the Serial Killer has the ability to do something called "Kill." This sounds absolutely fascinating! Could you please give us more details on how this "killing" works?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post