Paranoia - The game.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Paranoia - The game.
(29-08-2013 03:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 03:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  bemore and I have been discussing the tampering methodology - it needs improvement.

Wasn't anyone skeptical that the killer was me? I mean, Godfather twice in a row, then killer? Shocking

If they were skeptical based on that reason, they would be committing a fallacy.

No fallacy, simply a calculation of probability.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2013, 04:25 PM
(29-08-2013 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 03:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  If they were skeptical based on that reason, they would be committing a fallacy.
No fallacy, simply a calculation of probability.

The probability of you being the killer was the same (theoretically) as me.

Had they thought, "Chas couldn't possibly be the killer since he had been the baddy last few games."

They would have been commiting a fallacy.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2013, 04:37 PM
My eye hurts!

29-08-2013, 04:38 PM
(29-08-2013 04:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  No fallacy, simply a calculation of probability.

The probability of you being the killer was the same (theoretically) as me.

Had they thought, "Chas couldn't possibly be the killer since he had been the baddy last few games."

They would have been commiting a fallacy.

You are correct.

29-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I've had a few ideas (feel free to tell me if they're retarded by the way, I haven't considered them in any great detail);

1) Evidence to be sent by PM to the snooper instead of posted publicly.

2) Maybe have two killers working together. It prevents the game ending as quickly and one killer could commit a murder and one tamper with the evidence from that murder. They could also take turns committing the murder to make the clues harder to follow. I think they should only be allowed to carry out one kill a night though. Perhaps (this is a little hard to explain) they can either;
  • Both submit a kill for different people with one of the people labelled as the priority. If the priority person snoops then they are killed and the other person survives regardless of their night action. If the priority person hides and the other person snoops then they are killed instead. If both targets hide then there is no kill.
  • Submit one kill and one evidence tamper. This means there is less chance of successfully carrying out a kill but if they do then they also get to tamper with the evidence.

3) Perhaps two or three people required for a day killing. Once someone proposes a killing they have to get support from either one or two more people. If they kill an innocent then the person who proposed the kill loses all their future day/night actions but the people who supported it are unaffected. The killers cannot not propose a day kill but they can support it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Man, I feel bad. Chas has been the bad guy in like... the past 4 forum games.
29-08-2013, 08:09 PM
(29-08-2013 07:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Man, I feel bad. Chas has been the bad guy in like... the past 4 forum games.

I don't feel bad. Drinking Beverage

I am Satan's Chosen One. Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Some good suggestions peeps. I shall try and incorporate them into a new rule set whilst trying to keep the game balanced Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.