Paranoia.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Paranoia.
What involvement will I have in the game regarding my role?

You will PM me your night/day actions and that is it. You will receive a confirmation message from me to say I have noted your action. Everything else will be public on the thread.

How does the evidence work? Will I receive it through PM?

You will not receive the evidence via PM from me. The clues and evidence will be posted anonymously in the thread for everybody to see. Some clues may sound vague but over time a definitive pattern will emerge. All clues will be logical. Here is an example....

Quote:Statement 1: Holy shit I can't believe this is happening. What the actual fuck is going on? I'm sure I saw a shape moving away from the body and it looked like somebody tall. Although i'm not sure if it was them I was seeing or their shadow.

Statement 2: I am in shock still, this is like a nightmare. I just want to go home. I wish I could tell you more but I think I saw the killer *shudders* it looked like they had something in their left hand.... but im not sure if they were facing me or not so it could be their right hand.

Statement 3: This is FUBAR. Whoever the fuck is doing this has got be over 5 feet tall.

Am I allowed to copy the evidence to keep track of it?

Yes you may. HOWEVER you are not allowed to take screen shots of any evidence and post it.

What happens if the Killer attempts to kill somebody and they fail?

All that will be put is "nobody died last night". It is then up to the innocents to decipher if an attempt was made or if evidence has potentially been tampered with.

Clues will only be posted upon a successful kill by the killer.

What happens if more than one innocent decides to kill somebody in the day phase? Does this mean two people die?

Only one person can die in the day phase and this will be decided on a first come, first served basis. So if two people post they wish to kill somebody, I will only accept and act upon the person who posted first.

What happens if an innocent decides to kill somebody in the first day and they get it right?

If somebody is foolish/lucky enough to kill the killer in the first day then I will randomly choose somebody else to take the role of the killer, to give the game a teeny bit more life. This will only be applicable in the first day phase.

Can I just keep choosing paranoid every night so I don't die?

Of course. However you will not be adding anything in the way of clues to the game. If you do this and it is only you and the killer left at the end of the game, I will declare the killer the winner.

What happens if I get killed by the killer or an innocent?

Then its game over im afraid and I would ask that you no longer post in the game (as you will be brown bread....dead)

Is my game over if I decide to kill somebody and I am wrong?

No. You will lose your ability to decide on choosing paranoia or sleep in the night phase and you will be left vulnerable to the killer. You will still be free to discuss everything in the thread. The killer may or may not decide to kill you, either way you will be at a major disadvantage (see the next question)

How does the Killer win?

The killer has a few ways of winning. If the killer is left with innocents who have no day/kill abilities then s/he will automatically win as they have no way of eliminating the killer.

What happens if I have discharge coming out of an orifice?

Then your in the wrong thread Big Grin

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
25-08-2013, 02:19 PM
So with the editing... what is to stop someone from copying the evidence elsewhere before it is tampered with?

That effectively makes tampering with the evidence useless.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
25-08-2013, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2013 02:27 PM by bemore.)
(25-08-2013 02:19 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  So with the editing... what is to stop someone from copying the evidence elsewhere before it is tampered with?

That effectively makes tampering with the evidence useless.

Well that would entail everybody making sure they have copied all of the evidence. This of course could happen or it may not. People are allowed to make there own copies however they are not allowed to post definitive proof in the way of screen shots.

How useless the tampering is can be decided on how vigilant the innocents are.

On the flip side the killer could ask for evidence to be removed, then repost that they noted the missing evidence and what it said. Who would know that they were the killer? They could play innocent like everybody else.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
25-08-2013, 02:27 PM
So, when do you think you can possibly kick this off? I think I have enough answers about the game's functions to have a go at it.
25-08-2013, 02:33 PM
(25-08-2013 02:27 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So, when do you think you can possibly kick this off? I think I have enough answers about the game's functions to have a go at it.

I think a minimum of 6 people would be a good test run and be a short game for everybody to get used to it properly.

So far the people have said they are in are....

Ferdinand.
DLJ.
Elk.
Lightvader.

The maybes are.....

Deep.
Revenant.
A2.

Jesus Jones
25-08-2013, 02:41 PM
(25-08-2013 02:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 02:27 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So, when do you think you can possibly kick this off? I think I have enough answers about the game's functions to have a go at it.

I think a minimum of 6 people would be a good test run and be a short game for everybody to get used to it properly.

So far the people have said they are in are....

Ferdinand.
DLJ.
Elk.
Lightvader.

The maybes are.....

Deep.
Revenant.
A2.

You can move me from maybe to in.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
25-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I'll play.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
25-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Eh, why the hell not?

I'm in.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
25-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm in.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Sweet. We currently have seven people. I have all of the descriptions and storyline set up and as soon as we get just one more person to make it eight in total we shall be ready to do this.

Jesus Jones

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paranoia III Vault Tec edition Revenant77x 230 5,522 22-09-2013 04:32 PM
Last Post: Hughsie
  Paranoia II- The Reckoning Atothetheist 282 5,625 14-09-2013 09:39 PM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Paranoia - The game. bemore 97 1,994 30-08-2013 02:38 PM
Last Post: bemore