Parasites. I'm certain I have them.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Parasites. I'm certain I have them.
(24-02-2013 12:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Bucksy,
If you want to get in with the ladies, you need to learn a bit more empat...
Dude, you seem to have a major problem with the ((perceived) lack of) empathy of others. What gives? Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Lienda Bella, I need to ask a couple of questions and you will need to think about your back history.
Do you or have you frequently walked around outside or indoors barefooted?
Have you been scratched or bitten by animals or pets?
Do you have pets living indoors?
Do you or have you frequently gone swimming in ponds, lakes, rivers rather than man-made swimming pools?

Some animals can carry parasites and an innocent nip or scratch can sometimes transfer these parasites, though it might be a bit of a long shot. Picking up a parasite is not uncommon especially when the outdoors is let indoors or when we expose ourselves to the great outdoors. Ticks - as Dom's story relates - are a particular culprit which can wreak havoc with the human body.

I suggest you see a dermatologist. They may not have one in your area (not one where I live, either) I would suggest going online to find one or looking in the yellow pages for one - that's how I found mine.

Do not let your discomfort go undiagnosed - find a dermatologist and get relief. Good luck.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend... who figured it out. As can you.
24-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(24-02-2013 12:05 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I refuse to ignore that I felt one sticking out of me with my fingers, saw one on my front and pulling out another and physicaly looking at it. (This rant has failed.)

Your rant has not failed at all.
We totally believe that you feel these bugs, and that you see them, too.
And I understand how very slightet you must feel because no one believes you.
I don't know how old you are or what education you have had, but here goes:
Think of your brain and your body as seperate systems.
Your brain can only receive the messages your body sends.
If your nerves send the message that you feel or see something, your brain accepts that.
And since you have a survival instinct, and the messages from your body are very disturbing, your brain tries like heck to find a solution to the problem it has been alerted to.
The problem is not your brain, your brain is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.
And you are not imagining things, the messages from your body are very real.
Once you accept that there is something wrong with your body, but it's not actually bugs, that's just what it appears like, then you can go about fixing it.
And isn't that what you really want, for it to stop?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-02-2013, 01:07 PM
(24-02-2013 12:48 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 12:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Bucksy,
If you want to get in with the ladies, you need to learn a bit more empat...
Dude, you seem to have a major problem with the ((perceived) lack of) empathy of others. What gives? Dodgy

If that is an uncharacteristically serious question, I'll give you a serious answer...

People have complained for a long time for that there has not been enough community spirit when it's needed. This sub-forum was created as a result of that.

Just saying we can show a little more of it sometimes.

I know it's mainly a 'guy-thing' to go for problem-solving rather than "ah, there, there" but having lived, for 14 years with someone who was incapable of it, I am a) sensitive (maybe overly-sensitive) to it and b) aware it is not just a 'guy-thing'.

Perhaps also, because in the last few days I have been having a unusually high number of deep conversations with friends (one betrayed lover, one grieving grand-daughter, one reluctant marriage, untold number of personality clashes with colleagues and too many more to mention) my senses are on high alert.

In Bucky's case, I'm just teasing a little. In Ghost's case... well y'know... his 'likes given' tally drives me crazy because it is totally beyond my comprehension that he has only enjoyed 13 posts out of the 1,000s he must have read.

I'll shut up now because I think I might be breaking the rules by going off at a tangent in this sub-forum.

Apologies.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Well I have no idea what is wrong medically, but I can sure guess that the suffering you go through is considerable. I don't have parasites (that I know of), but I have restless legs syndrome, and it's a severe case. The most common description is having the feeling of bugs moving around under the skin. And it's an accurate description.

Not much help in the way of figuring out the issue, but just wanted you to know, I feel your pain. It's not cool, and I really hope you find a solution.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Next time you manage to pull one out put it in a sealed container go straight to a doctor show them it and where it came from. They can work from there.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
26-02-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 04:02 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Yes... thank you... OK. I'm tired. This rant was a mistake. I've learned my lesson to not toss away any evidence pointing to an untypical happening.
26-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh, if it was just a rant, you're in the wrong forum section... this is the Personal Issues and Support section. So, yea... support means support around here. Big Grin

Next time, make your rant thread in the Coffee House or This That & the Other Thing forum, like everyone else does. You still might get suggestions but... at least then, everyone will know you just want to rant. Ooh -better yet- we do have a thread called Ranting corner... that's a great place to have a rant and have very little or no response. It's almost 400 pages at this point. Ranting is pretty popular. Wink

Sometimes, just letting it all out, is all anyone needs. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend... who figured it out. As can you.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-02-2013, 09:05 PM
(24-02-2013 03:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ... I don't have parasites (that I know of), ...

The fuck you don't, Stark. We are all carriers for a shtiload of squatters, there's a goddam ecosystem in my gut,... long as they keep to themselves, I got no issue with them.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post