Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Rainbow Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion
Very often atheists are criticized* for their life choice, being told we're unethical, immoral, bad parents, or potentially bad parents if we have not yet had children.
I happened upon this book and I thought to share it here, for those who may be parents, pregnant or looking for an answer to all those accusations. Smile (The least of which would be, look at what good God has done for the world, given all the headlines and the present state of human affairs on a planet primarily populated by Theists!WinkIdea Of course, a God that's a Sadist and serial killer, in his "own words", has a lot to do with that. )

*There's a "Look Inside" Option available at this link*

Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion [Paperback]
Dale McGowan

*edit, because Darth Vader is uppity! (and right. Grrrr!)
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 12:53 PM
RE: Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion
(27-10-2010 12:20 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Very often atheists are lauded for their life choice

"You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Tongue

Quote:laud (lôd)
tr.v. laud·ed, laud·ing, lauds
To give praise to; glorify. See Synonyms at praise.
n.
1. Praise; glorification.
2. A hymn or song of praise.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 01:46 PM

(27-10-2010 12:53 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(27-10-2010 12:20 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Very often atheists are lauded for their life choice

"You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Tongue

Quote:laud (lôd)
tr.v. laud·ed, laud·ing, lauds
To give praise to; glorify. See Synonyms at praise.
n.
1. Praise; glorification.
2. A hymn or song of praise.

Damn, you're right!
I hate it when that happens.
Must edit. Tongue
27-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey! I am not Darth Vader! I am Schocktruppen 47b!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
27-10-2010, 03:01 PM

(27-10-2010 02:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Hey! I am not Darth Vader! I am Schocktruppen 47b!

Sorry about that. Must be the helmet that confuZeled me. It's soooo big!Tongue
28-10-2010, 01:19 AM
(27-10-2010 02:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Hey! I am not Darth Vader! I am Schocktruppen 47b!

What happened to that sharp dressed man you used to be? Now you look scarier than George Bush!
28-10-2010, 07:41 AM
(28-10-2010 01:19 AM)No J. Wrote:  

What happened to that sharp dressed man you used to be? Now you look scarier than George Bush!

That's the point. The Schocktruppen are the elite corps of the Reich forces in the Operation: TANNHAUSER world. Alternate-history WWI where the Reich forces never lost on account of having discovered black magic.

My old avatar was H. P. Lovecraft. I've been thinking about switching back, or maybe to something from Fallout: New Vegas, but I haven't chosen yet.

28-10-2010, 06:56 PM
"BEHAVE or you'll BURN IN HELL for ETERNITY!!!"

"Oi! Stop being a shit and behave yourself."

I know which one I my parents I respected more... (2nd one (agnostic father) Tongue)

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-10-2010, 08:10 PM
My dad read Dr. Spocks book.....then he beat me silly with it.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-10-2010, 10:07 PM

(27-10-2010 12:20 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Very often atheists are criticized* for their life choice, being told we're unethical, immoral, bad parents, or potentially bad parents if we have not yet had children.
I happened upon this book and I thought to share it here, for those who may be parents, pregnant or looking for an answer to all those accusations. Smile (The least of which would be, look at what good God has done for the world, given all the headlines and the present state of human affairs on a planet primarily populated by Theists!WinkIdea Of course, a God that's a Sadist and serial killer, in his "own words", has a lot to do with that. )

*There's a "Look Inside" Option available at this link*

Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion [Paperback]
Dale McGowan

*edit, because Darth Vader is uppity! (and right. Grrrr!)

Thanks! This sounds like a very applicable read.