Parents threaten their athiest child with no christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2011, 04:41 AM
RE: Parents threaten their athiest child with no christmas
Stupid mother, she only pushed the kid more away from God, religion, Christmas. Actually, she is a good mother for doing that. I'd give her a "high five".

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2011, 05:05 AM
This is kinda sick, I'm an atheist and i celebrate Christmas i could not imagine this reaction from any of my friends parents or mine for that matter. my parents actually support my non-belief. i get a feeling that this is how it is in America.

in Sweden we don't have that problem i think.
i still think there's alot of believers in sweden they just don't define it, as a famous Swedish comedian once said we believe in "something".
and when you don't define you're believes i think you don't have the same urge to criticize others.

this gets me kinda curious about the ratio between non-believers and believers on a daily basis Smile
12-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love the lights, the glitter, the good will, the sales! Smile

One of the reasons why December 25th is that the Cult of Mithras says that Mithras, a Sun God and Warrior God from the middle east but popular with ancient Roman soldiers, was born on December 25th. Please note, Christians absconded with this idea.

Many times I will wish my fellow Agnostic/Athiest/Pagan friends a Merry Mithrasmas! Smile

I LOVE the Presentree idea. Good thinking!
27-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I love how when he said "ok!" she exclaimed how it wasn't ok - he didn't seem to care he wasn't getting anything, which I'm sure frustrated her... Pretty pathetic if you ask me - trying to bribe someone to believe in god...

Better without God, and happier too.
27-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow, I can totally relate to that kid... Almost see myself sitting there in that chair. When I was 16 I told my deeply religious father that I was an atheist, he didnt burst out like that mother in the video did, but his reaction was similar, he forced me to go to church, and to listen to even more of his incessant lectures about god and the bible.

I really, really, really, dislike people like that woman in the video. Angry

The boy stood up for himself, and his beliefs, and she threatens him with no Christmas? What is this world coming to...