Parents want to send me to a religious community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Parents want to send me to a religious community
I apologize in advance if this post turns out chaotic.
I am depressed. Since my parents cut me off and I lost my medication it's gotten much worse. I also have symptoms of religious trauma syndrome.
I reached a point of such desperation that a few days ago I wrote to my parents. Once again, I told them I needed medication and therapy. Their response was...
They want me to go to some kind of a...catholic rehab?...i couldnt stand being on it's website for too long. I am not even addicted to anything!
They ignored my request for a doctor and gave me this one solution. Because they "believe it will help". I know I cant tell them about RTS - it would only reinforce their belief that I'm possessed by a demon.
I am afraid. Teriffied. I have no phone, no one to talk to, no one on my side. In my country most people that want to help are really religious.
Every day without proper medication and therapy I feel worse. Mentally and physically. I am afraid I might become suicidal. I'm not strong enough to live surrounded and completely controlled by ultra fundamentalist catholics. I just cant. you have no idea...It would be like a rape victim forced to live with the person that raped them. I know it's a hyperbole, I don't mean to offend anyone.
I'm posting here because I thought maybe I'm missing something and there's an obivious solution. If not, at least I was able to share it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: Parents want to send me to a religious community
How old are you? Where do you live? You probably have the right not to be forced to go to such a place. I say probably 'cos if you're a minor your parents may have a lot of legal control over you, depending where you live.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-08-2015, 05:41 AM
Oh no they can't force me to go. But they are the only people that I know and have the means to help me and right now and I desperately need therapy.
06-08-2015, 05:49 AM
(06-08-2015 05:41 AM)Marsillya Wrote:  Oh no they can't force me to go. But they are the only people that I know and have the means to help me and right now and I desperately need therapy.

And they... refuse to help unless you go to this particular Catholic rehab thing? Ouch. Have you got an alternative that you can suggest that you *would* like to go to?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Can your aunt intervene for you? Maybe having her talk to your parents would help convince them that they are parents. Do you have any other family that could also help?
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
06-08-2015, 09:13 AM
what about a local hospital? go to the ER, tell them you are suicidal. are there any suicide prevention hotlines?

what country or city are you in?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-08-2015, 09:34 AM
(06-08-2015 09:13 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what about a local hospital? go to the ER, tell them you are suicidal. are there any suicide prevention hotlines?

I could not agree more. The hospital will get you connected to the help you need.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-08-2015, 09:34 AM
(06-08-2015 05:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  And they... refuse to help unless you go to this particular Catholic rehab thing? Ouch. Have you got an alternative that you can suggest that you *would* like to go to?
exactly. no not really.
06-08-2015, 09:36 AM
(06-08-2015 08:37 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Can your aunt intervene for you? Maybe having her talk to your parents would help convince them that they are parents. Do you have any other family that could also help?
she says she doesn't want to interfere. even if she did, she is very religious herself so she would only support my parents. i have no other family
06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
(06-08-2015 09:13 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what about a local hospital? go to the ER, tell them you are suicidal. are there any suicide prevention hotlines?

I live in poland.
I've been to a hospital a few times in my life and it has always been a somewhat traumatic experience. Our health care sucks.
Assuming we have great hospitals I am still unable to go out. I only barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom and eat.
I'm sorry I...well it's ok if there's no way out. I'm sorry don't think I posted here to get attention.