Parents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Parents.
(17-04-2013 10:59 AM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Get a load of this

[Image: Zu1MP.jpg]

Where is this? I need a link so I can heap abuse on this deluded woman.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 02:21 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...811AAwgqzt

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...514AAYNj5D

here are a couple...

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2013, 02:38 AM
(29-11-2012 08:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This thread is about a discussion on parents. Who do you think would be the best parent, and why.

Are your parents doing a good job raising you in your mind? Tell us why or why not here!
My parents were good, intelligent people, but that didn't make them good parents. It's always "anything you say may be used against you", so it's better if they think I have good grades, don't smoke, spare my money, get up early in the morning, don't play video games and do my homework on time, so they don't freak out. What the hell can I do with parents who frown, yell or freak out at the moment they don't like something? I love my peace and quiet, so superficially it works as long as they're around. But all it taught me was to do automatic housekeeping after 19 years or so, and it taught me to not tell them anything.

In reality, it's a failure. How am I supposed to stand in the rain of tongue-lashing and then next hour or next day talk to them like a person to person? I love my parents, but I don't like them and I don't miss them. Freedom is a heavy burden and they didn't prepare me for it. You don't give anyone inner discipline by being an outer annoyance and threat.

Well, mom was much worse than dad in that aspect. Dad liked his quiet just like I do, so he pretty much didn't intervene until mom's yelling got too loud and then it got louder. That's what they thought problem-solving is. I liked dad better, easier to get along with.
Of course, I suppose I can't say anything of that to their face. That would be one of the unspeakable things and no point in it now.

But to make a point of it, I got a book on parenting that deals exactly with this problem, it's called
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
18-04-2013, 06:35 AM
(29-11-2012 08:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This thread is about a discussion on parents. Who do you think would be the best parent, and why.

Are your parents doing a good job raising you in your mind? Tell us why or why not here!

I love my parents to death. They were pretty controlling though; it's definitely easier to be around them now that I'm an adult and out of the house. Some of their stupid decisions I'm still dealing with to this day. It was weird though, because they were strict when they shouldn't have been, and lenient when they should have been strict. Like, I got in trouble for holding a guys hand when I was 14...my little sister was having unprotected sex when she was 14. Seriously, they were practically throwing rose petals on the bed for my sister and her boyfriend. I was like: "She gets to have sex? No fair!!"

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
18-04-2013, 06:47 AM
(18-04-2013 06:35 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  

I love my parents to death. They were pretty controlling though; it's definitely easier to be around them now that I'm an adult and out of the house. Some of their stupid decisions I'm still dealing with to this day. It was weird though, because they were strict when they shouldn't have been, and lenient when they should have been strict. Like, I got in trouble for holding a guys hand when I was 14...my little sister was having unprotected sex when she was 14. Seriously, they were practically throwing rose petals on the bed for my sister and her boyfriend. I was like: "She gets to have sex? No fair!!"

Haha...Oh, I didn't see that this was a "teens only" thread. Blush

I feel so left out now.. Sadcryface

Weeping

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
18-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Don't let that bother you.

That request has never stuck, not the first one to break it, you certainly wont be the last.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
18-04-2013, 09:27 AM
(18-04-2013 06:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Don't let that bother you.

That request has never stuck, not the first one to break it, you certainly wont be the last.

Yeah... You guys certainly love to break rules !!!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Hughsie would be a terrible parent because he would feed his kids a terrible, grody diet, feeding them fries/chips with curry sauce and thus, making them cry.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
(05-06-2013 07:34 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Hughsie would be a terrible parent because he would feed his kids a terrible, grody diet, feeding them fries/chips with curry sauce and thus, making them cry.

Drinking Beverage

Ferdinand would be a terrible parent because she'd deny her kids delicious food she'd never even tried herself AND teach them gay words like 'grody'!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-06-2013, 07:45 PM
(05-06-2013 07:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Ferdinand would be a terrible parent because she'd deny her kids delicious food she'd never even tried herself AND teach them gay words like 'grody'!

SIT DOWN YOUR KIDS WOULD H8 U BECAUSE YOU ARE LAME and you make them eat bummer gravy foreign foods like ew just google chips with curry on them why would you eat that

get out of my face gayhugger

BTW brilliant signature xoxoxoxox Thumbsup

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]