Parents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Parents.
This thread is about a discussion on parents. Who do you think would be the best parent, and why.

Are your parents doing a good job raising you in your mind? Tell us why or why not here!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 04:48 AM
RE: Parents.
The worst parent are the ones that completely shelter their child. I have cousins that aren't even drink sparkling water till they are 16. They can only drink fizzy drinks until 18. They werent even allowed walk 200m down tbe road to their local shop on their own at age 12/13. Those poor children will grow up with no clue of the world because of their dumb parents.
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
30-11-2012, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 05:23 AM by Free Thought.)
I agree Magoo, though I will take it a step further.
Those parents are dangerous in my opinion.

In response to A2, I think my parents did a fairly good job raising me, though my father does seem to blame himself for what he considers to be my rapid maturation (I quickly grew out of running around all wide eyed 'n shit and I acted very adult like, almost always being cold and logical over everything) though being raised by an ex-military medic who works of an organisation dedicated to teaching just how many ways the human body can break and how to fix, and being involved in said organisation from a young age has that effect I figure.

My mother on the other hand is a right, overbearing pain in the arse. Though she does try to do well by my brother and I.

They also did tend to shield my siblings and I from the attempts of my grandmothers from both sides of my family at indoctrination (granted they didn't try regularly and one of them gave up after one particularly embarrassing church visit wherein I picked up a bible, screamed and threw it, saying it burned... Or so I am told I don't remember...).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-11-2012, 05:19 AM
I have no parents. I was dropped by the stork. That's what they told me anyway. Some say I landed on my head.
How many of you were delivered by storks ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2012, 05:24 AM
I don't remember having that tale told to me Bucky...

What're you doing here anyway? Damn spy...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-11-2012, 06:58 AM
(30-11-2012 05:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't remember having that tale told to me Bucky...

What're you doing here anyway? Damn spy...
Free thought, I think he is in the teen range.

30-11-2012, 07:04 AM
I learned something new just now.

I seriously thought Bucky was old.

30-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I think he is in his twenties.

Seriously guys I didn't mean to start a whole anti-adult thing here.
30-11-2012, 04:32 PM
(30-11-2012 04:31 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I think he is in his twenties.

Seriously guys I didn't mean to start a whole anti-adult thing here.
  • Lol, no problem. I still think he is in his teens

30-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Late teens anyway.